VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 pm

According to Pep the Scum and the Chavs led the charge to block it. Can't imagine why.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-12360083
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:48 am

The munes voted against it? Who'd've thought. The fiddling gets.

Chelsea surprises me a bit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:07 am

In order to pass VAR, there needed to be 14 clubs in favour, which means 7 clubs were either against it or abstained.
It would be interesting to see who those other clubs were.
I can fully understand the rags not wanting it, they have already lost Webb and losing any further corrupt advantage might severely damage them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:35 pm

everton are usually the kind of sheep that will follow whatever united do. And I would imagine liverpool and spurs would want to keep their refereeing privileges. arsenal are almost always sniffing around the munes like a yappy little dog waiting to be allowed to shag their trouser leg.

Is that 7?

I can't imagine any reason other than bribery for any other club to not want it.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:45 pm

The problem is that the referees are still very inept - and ultimately they’ll be the ones that are reviewing it.

I personally wouldn’t want it at the moment. Not in its current state. The referees need improving first.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:51 pm

I think it will just make me angrier
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby edge275 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:10 pm

I’m definitely for VAR. Even if the referees are inept it will put more focus on decisions and it will highlight bias even more.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:24 pm

edge275 wrote:I’m definitely for VAR. Even if the referees are inept it will put more focus on decisions and it will highlight bias even more.

With the refs being inept though we’ll see incidents like we had with WBA and Liverpool where the game was delayed 15 minutes because the refs couldn’t make a decision. That’s not going to help.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Mase wrote:
edge275 wrote:I’m definitely for VAR. Even if the referees are inept it will put more focus on decisions and it will highlight bias even more.

With the refs being inept though we’ll see incidents like we had with WBA and Liverpool where the game was delayed 15 minutes because the refs couldn’t make a decision. That’s not going to help.

I’d accept it delaying games if it puts more focus on these decisions.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:55 pm

edge275 wrote:
Mase wrote:

I’d accept it delaying games if it puts more focus on these decisions.

But in that instance it didn’t mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:08 pm

There is a reason referees are untouchable without them the game doesn't exist and they know this. Therefore they can do what they want and the privileged 4 need their bias to keep them privileged.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 pm

VAR will work only if the sport is not corrupt in the first place. In Rugby it is used to aid the officials get a decision right. It is a tool that is transparent to everyone and personally I think it explains quite complex rules to the casual observer like myself.

If football wants it to work it will work. If it doesn’t then it will keep it invisible to the public and keep the seeds of doubt about it being fair.

These trials really shouldn’t be as difficult as they are making them. It’s like they are trying to make it look suspect or non foolproof.
If ever you needed convincing that there is something bent about control needed by he powers that be, this is it for me.

VAR shouldn’t even be up for debate at this stage of professionalism in sport, it should have been enshrined into it years ago.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:07 am

I hate it and do not want it. Well never see it used for something not called, so al the pens we don’t get will be the same, but the ones like yesterday’s where they can show Loris outseide the box will definitely be taken away.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 am

To properly implement VAR they will have to show it on the big screens for the fans to see. How many screens have they got at the Swamp?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby city72 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:everton are usually the kind of sheep that will follow whatever united do. And I would imagine liverpool and spurs would want to keep their refereeing privileges. arsenal are almost always sniffing around the munes like a yappy little dog waiting to be allowed to shag their trouser leg.

Is that 7?

I can't imagine any reason other than bribery for any other club to not want it.

So not Arsenal, Wenger disgusted premier league not having var
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby pepsi_dave » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 pm

My main problem with VAR is the current set of rules. There are far too many rules that are open to interpretation, which means that even with VAR you will get varying outcomes based on the interpretation of the individual(s) reviewing it.

For VAR to work correctly, and without controversy, the rules need to be absolutely black and white with no grey area whatsoever.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:08 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:My main problem with VAR is the current set of rules. There are far too many rules that are open to interpretation, which means that even with VAR you will get varying outcomes based on the interpretation of the individual(s) reviewing it.

For VAR to work correctly, and without controversy, the rules need to be absolutely black and white with no grey area whatsoever.

it will be a disaster this summer at the world cup
will be hilarious if there is a grey decision to make in the final
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 pm

VAR causes controversy in Bundesliga tonight as ref blows for half time, players head down the tunnel only to be called back to the pitch and ref awards penalty to Mainz for a hand ball!!!!!!

Mainz v Freiburg: Hosts awarded penalty on VAR after half-time whistle blown - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43791511

Not sure you could make this shit up!!!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:33 am

CTID Hants wrote:VAR causes controversy in Bundesliga tonight as ref blows for half time, players head down the tunnel only to be called back to the pitch and ref awards penalty to Mainz for a hand ball!!!!!!

Mainz v Freiburg: Hosts awarded penalty on VAR after half-time whistle blown - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43791511

Not sure you could make this shit up!!!

There is a lot being done in various places to discredit VAR. I wonder why that might be.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:34 am

pepsi_dave wrote:My main problem with VAR is the current set of rules. There are far too many rules that are open to interpretation, which means that even with VAR you will get varying outcomes based on the interpretation of the individual(s) reviewing it.

This. Roll the offside and handball laws back 30 years and it would work a treat.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum