VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR - Rags and Chelsea block it

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Having spent a number of years and probably a fair wedge of money to get themselves in a position where they can control the results of many games, why the fuck would our football institutions bring in a system that took it all away?
Var is on its way, we and UeFA are the last of the big comps to accept it, but it will come. The problem our institutions have is how to bring it in whilst still retaining control. and that my friends is the problem that concerns them and is causing the delay.

Can you imagine VAR some years ago? The dodgy offsides, dives, penalties that the rags and other major treams brenefitted from? Take all those incidents away and ask yourselves; just how many points would the rags have not won, how many league titles could that have changed and importantly for our uinstitutions and global broadcasters, how many £millions (billions?) would it hasve cost them?

It's why POGMOL is a secret society, disallowed from making public statements and disallowed from being criticised on pain of fine or ban.

VAR will arrive in the Premier League but only when they can keep it secret and control it.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:30 pm

^^^^^^^

I think it is inevitable that VAR technology will be used. there is no reason why each line ( throw in , goal line) cannot be so managed right now.

World wide support will increase for City as success comes along, no doubt about it. At least , for now it is for all the right reasons- mainly great football.

People around the world like identifying with a successful team. At least with City it will be for all the right reasons.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BookJunior » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Adopt the Rugby approach lock, stock and barrel. It's that simple.

Conversation between referee and VAR to be patched into the stadium address with pictures on the big screen.

It probably wouldn't happen that often.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:15 am

As someone who for a number of years followed Salford home & away often, it was the quality of the biased refereeing & utter disregard for the images showing throughout the stadium, that caused me to stop going.
Numerous times I watched in horror as the TV replay clearly an incident that was ignored for a decision completely the opposite.
It’s not the technology, it’s those on control of it & their paymasters
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:44 pm

john68 wrote:As someone who for a number of years followed Salford home & away often, it was the quality of the biased refereeing & utter disregard for the images showing throughout the stadium, that caused me to stop going.
Numerous times I watched in horror as the TV replay clearly an incident that was ignored for a decision completely the opposite.
It’s not the technology, it’s those on control of it & their paymasters

This. And l will be even more mad when they get it wrong on a review. Or when an incident we all see isn't looked at with some Bull shit excuse about it not being clear and obvious.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum