PFA POTY Nominees

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PFA POTY Nominees

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:34 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:Don’t underestimate people voting based on religion also.

I don't think it's religion alone. I don't think you really see sub-Saharan Muslim players' votes skewed due to their religion (Toure being a prime example). There probably is a small Asian/Arab Muslim effect, though.

“I don’t think..” “probably”

Toure isn’t really an example as his religion isn’t mentioned every two minutes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:51 am

Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I don't think it's religion alone. I don't think you really see sub-Saharan Muslim players' votes skewed due to their religion (Toure being a prime example). There probably is a small Asian/Arab Muslim effect, though.

Toure isn’t really an example as his religion isn’t mentioned every two minutes.

It's not religion alone. You don't really see sub-Saharan Muslim players' votes skewed due to their religion (Toure being a prime example). There is a small Asian/Arab Muslim effect, though.

Got rid of the qualifiers. Now my opinion's just as valid as yours, because I've framed it as a statement.

I can honestly say I've never seen any of these 'Best Muslim player' polls you're on about, and have never seen Ozil's religion mentioned in standard media (although admittedly I don't use Instagram), although I have seen Salah being a Muslim mentioned a fair few times, and the same goes for Toure (back when he was in his prime and again when he got caught drink-driving).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:55 am

Can we still use might? Likely? Statistically?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:59 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Can we still use might? Likely? Statistically?

Probably not.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

Probably not.

[I think] You mean, masely not.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:44 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

It's not religion alone. You don't really see sub-Saharan Muslim players' votes skewed due to their religion (Toure being a prime example). There is a small Asian/Arab Muslim effect, though.

Got rid of the qualifiers. Now my opinion's just as valid as yours, because I've framed it as a statement.

I can honestly say I've never seen any of these 'Best Muslim player' polls you're on about, and have never seen Ozil's religion mentioned in standard media (although admittedly I don't use Instagram), although I have seen Salah being a Muslim mentioned a fair few times, and the same goes for Toure (back when he was in his prime and again when he got caught drink-driving).

At no point has anyone said it’s religion 100% you mong!

You’ve just used an example of a story about Yaya and then said it was when he got caught drink driving - Muslims aren’t going to think “ah sound I’m gonna vote for Yaya because he’s doing the Muslim name a great service getting caught drink driving”. Surely you’re not that stupid?!

Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43208945

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 am

mr_nool wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Probably not.

[I think] You mean, masely not.

As long as you don’t come across as giving facts then contradict yourself by using “probably” or “likely” then I’m sure you’ll be fine.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:57 am

Mase wrote:At no point has anyone said it’s religion 100% you mong!

You’ve just used an example of a story about Yaya and then said it was when he got caught drink driving - Muslims aren’t going to think “ah sound I’m gonna vote for Yaya because he’s doing the Muslim name a great service getting caught drink driving”. Surely you’re not that stupid?!

So when I said "I don't think it's religion alone.", you criticize me for saying "I don't think", and when I say "It's not religion alone." you criticize me for implying that you said it's all about religion. What language would be acceptable to you, Mase?

You then back up your claim with 2 YouTube videos (which anyone can make) and a BBC article specifically discussing the impact of footballers' success on the engagement of Muslim fans.

I actually said there were 2 times when Yaya being a Muslim was (relatively) regularly mentioned that I remember: When he was in his prime and when he was caught drink-driving. The two were a couple of years apart.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:21 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:At no point has anyone said it’s religion 100% you mong!

So when I said "I don't think it's religion alone.", you criticize me for saying "I don't think", and when I say "It's not religion alone." you criticize me for implying that you said it's all about religion. What language would be acceptable to you, Mase?

You then back up your claim with 2 YouTube videos (which anyone can make) and a BBC article specifically discussing the impact of footballers' success on the engagement of Muslim fans.

I actually said there were 2 times when Yaya being a Muslim was (relatively) regularly mentioned that I remember: When he was in his prime and when he was caught drink-driving. The two were a couple of years apart.

You weren’t criticised- just pointing out no one at all is saying it’s religion, no ones even implied it. But you start a response with that like it’s fact someone’s said it. Read comments first before responding.

I’m not backing up anything. Just merely showing you the obvious of what’s out there if you actually follow football.

Remember that time you claimed your info as fact and then JC actually showed you the facts but you still kept digging?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum