Who should go, who should come?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Who should go, who should come?

Postby phips » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:47 am

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Sam Lee tweets we’re far advanced in signing Jorginho from Napoli. He also we have a short list of two for striker/wingers by would drop them if Mbappe is available. Unlikely but PSG are in trouble on FFP and could be forced to sell, I suppose.

From my understanding Mbappe is only on loan at PSG and they have an option to buy?

So we’d be buying from Monaco anyway, no?

i thought it was loan with compulsion to buy?
basically he's a PSG player but they needed to acquire him and Neymar in diff windows...or so i thought
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:07 am

phips wrote:
Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Sam Lee tweets we’re far advanced in signing Jorginho from Napoli. He also we have a short list of two for striker/wingers by would drop them if Mbappe is available. Unlikely but PSG are in trouble on FFP and could be forced to sell, I suppose.

From my understanding Mbappe is only on loan at PSG and they have an option to buy?

So we’d be buying from Monaco anyway, no?

i thought it was loan with compulsion to buy?
basically he's a PSG player but they needed to acquire him and Neymar in diff windows...or so i thought

Also thought I had read somewhere that he had played the required number of games to trigger a compulsory purchase from the original deal
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 am

In Ben Mee Harry Kane Fred, out The great Yaya been amazing. John Stones, not for me. Claudio Bravo bringing Gunn back.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 am

It’s true that PSG haven’t coughed up for Mbappe yet but with a serious danger of a transfer ban looming something may have to give. My guess is Neymar may go to Real rather than PSG giving up on Mbappe. If he did come loose that would require a complicated three cornered negotiation made more complicated by the USE Qatar dimension. Realistically Mahrez is more likely to come; a very different player although a talented one. But Mbappe is an extraordinary explosive young talent and you can see why Pep and Txiki are so keen.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby virajshah125 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 pm

budfox wrote:I don't think it will be 100% harder next year. We've won the title with five games to spare. I'm not saying it won't be a challenge but we're 8/13 at the bookies and I think even that is generous.

The challenge will comes from the dippers IMHO, but they're not within 20% of where we are and I doubt they'll keep Salah.

I don't think they'll remove salah! Salah has noteworthy contribution in the team!
Read latest MCFC News Now
virajshah125
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kevin de Bryune

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:27 pm

virajshah125 wrote:
budfox wrote:I don't think it will be 100% harder next year. We've won the title with five games to spare. I'm not saying it won't be a challenge but we're 8/13 at the bookies and I think even that is generous.

The challenge will comes from the dippers IMHO, but they're not within 20% of where we are and I doubt they'll keep Salah.

I don't think they'll remove salah! Salah has noteworthy contribution in the team!

wait are you saying that salah is a good player so the dippers wont want to sell him?? not sure i fully understand but im intrigued by your idea!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:40 pm

zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:We need a striker. We got away with it this season with just the two.
It's unlikely we will get away with it again next season.
And we need help for fern.
That's 2 priorities.
We don't need a left back, at a push we could start thinking about long term replacements for vinny and or otamendi.

Five different players scored yesterday.

That's very true they did indeed. But those type of games against lower league opposition are not the bench mark for the team now and for a team playing free of pressure, as we are.
In the recent 'big' pressure games we played against rags and both CL semis we lacked in finishing. We also made defensive errors. We are good enough to retain the title but if we are to advance next season in the CL we will need more upfront and defensively.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Hazy2 wrote:In Ben Mee Harry Kane Fred, out The great Yaya been amazing. John Stones, not for me. Claudio Bravo bringing Gunn back.

Wouldn't be comfortable having our primary back up as a kid with less than 50 first team appearances under his belt, and I'd doubt that's where Gunn wants to be, either. Leave him at Norwich for another season, in my opinion (but call him back for pre-season and maybe the first few weeks of the season, too), and then decide whether he's on a fair enough footing to challenge Ederson for a starting place.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Dimples » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:08 pm

sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
sheblue wrote:We need a striker. We got away with it this season with just the two.
That's 2 priorities.
We don't need a left back, at a push we could start thinking about long term replacements for vinny and or otamendi.

That's very true they did indeed. But those type of games against lower league opposition are not the bench mark for the team now and for a team playing free of pressure, as we are.
In the recent 'big' pressure games we played against rags and both CL semis we lacked in finishing. We also made defensive errors. We are good enough to retain the title but if we are to advance next season in the CL we will need more upfront and defensively.

Spot on.
To win the CL we have to beat the top top teams. We have four issues to address if we want to win it:

1. Otter is not good enough - decision making, pace and positioning
2. Vinny is not good enough - pace and ball distribution
3. Fern - we need a like for like replacement if he is injured
4. Clinical striker required i.e. we miss to many goal chances at present
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:25 pm

sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
That's 2 priorities.

Not so, i disagree, the style of play doesn‘t lend itself to having a concentrated effort to get the striker to score . Mind you, if Sterling was more of a striker he would have nabbed a hat trick against the rags.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:19 am

Dimples wrote:
sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
That's 2 priorities.

Spot on.
To win the CL we have to beat the top top teams. We have four issues to address if we want to win it:

1. Dean Lovren
2. Dean Lovren
3. Jordan Henderson
4. Danny Inga

We needed VAR and a slice of luck this year and it could have been ours.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:30 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Dimples wrote:
sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
That's 2 priorities.

Spot on.

1. Dean Lovren
2. Dean Lovren
3. Jordan Henderson
4. Danny Inga

We needed VAR and a slice of luck this year and it could have been ours.

Spot on mate.

You don't build a team to win the champions league. You build a team to consistently win the league and when they introduce VAR we'll win it.
Original Dub

Postby The Maine Man » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:25 am

Fuck it, let's just buy Salah. We need another forward and it would wipe the smiles from the faces of the blameless murderers and their cronies in the press.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:56 am

The Maine Man wrote:Fuck it, let's just buy Salah. We need another forward and it would wipe the smiles from the faces of the blameless murderers and their cronies in the press.

tbh i dont even mind salah. seems an ok bloke unlike milner, firmino and the other c*nts in that filthy club.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:35 pm

Looks like Real wants to buy our squad. :lol:

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:45 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Looks like Real wants to buy our squad. :lol:

What, Mangler not on their list?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Hahaha characters!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:40 pm

On our good days we can beat anyone and you would be reluctant to change anything in the squad but the way we have being knocked out of the CL for the last 2 years shows that we still lack the mentality or belief for the pressure games. Its reasonable to expect, we have a young squad and with the way we play, when 2 or 3 players are not at it 100%, the whole team is effected.

I also think that Pep will use a back 3 more often next season with Mendy and possibly Sterling providing the width from the wing back positions and Walker as part of the back 3.

My preferences for incomings would be Kroos and Greizeman. The belief in the big games would shoot up with them 2.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:46 am

We have won in Rome and Napoli, Bayern fell apart 40 miles down the road. Roma was the best atmosphere along with Naples we have it we just needed it at clanfield. Pep will sort it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:39 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A Billion should do it.

A billion bars of gold..........
sheblue
Donated to the site