Adieu Arsene

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Adieu Arsene

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:16 pm

One thing is for sure, Ian Wright will be a happy bunny..............

(Arsenal fansTV will lose all its sponsors if the club get someone decent)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:09 pm

Good riddance. I wish him bad luck, French arrogant frog. As for their club, they can toss off along with spuds.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby s1ty m » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:18 pm

I bet he didn't see it coming...
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Haha leaving with a whimper and his tail between his legs.

We've won the same amount of league titles in 6 years as this cunt did in 20 odd years.

Fuck off.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Good riddance to the skinny frog cunt !!
Never had a good word to say about us and made sure he plugged in a sarcastic negative comment whenever he could .

He can do one .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Pep
"It was a pleasure competing against arsene "

Fucking right it was mate. High five
Original Dub

Postby kennyboy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Pellegrini (85) is currently unemployed.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby patrickblue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:40 pm

According to radio 5, Celtic have said they won't stand in the way if Arse approach Brenda.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:42 pm

patrickblue wrote:According to radio 5, Celtic have said they won't stand in the way if Arse approach Brenda.

Please please let this happen
Original Dub

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:03 pm

When David Deane was in charge, Arsenal were a football club. They competed for the best players in the transfer market and successfully chased titles playing pretty decent football.
When the Kroenkes took over, the business model changed. No longer chasing titles, top four was necessary, they chased profit. No longer competed for the best players, they bought youth chesaply and relied on Wenger to coach it to a level.
The strategy served them well for mqany years. Make top four, remain in the CL Pot 1, get a relatively easy group and at that point see what happened, whilst the owners picked up the cash..........pots and pots of it.

Wenger was complicit in all that, overpaid for a job with limited ambition from his bosses.

The rise of City and our resources threatened their previous easy ride stategy, so they became vociferously anti City in public and viscious in their opposition to City in private. It was they and the rags that coerced the Prem to bring in the domestic FFP.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying fuck about the whinging twat. he allowed Arsenal to become what it has become without a whimper or any moralbackbone. He took the money and shut the fuck up, Whilst defending their lack of success in public.
Glad he's gone.

What will change?...Absolutely nothing. The Kroenkes will employ another puppet to control, whilst they try and work out how best to maximise their profit having failed to see off the threat of having City and Spurs usurping their position and a L'Pool revival that could see them out of the CL for many years.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:32 pm

john68 wrote:When David Deane was in charge, Arsenal were a football club. They competed for the best players in the transfer market and successfully chased titles playing pretty decent football.

They competed for the players that weren’t the best but had the most potential. Fabragas, Henry, Freddie L, Pires, etc - most of those players weren’t being chased by a number of clubs when Arsenal got them.

You look at Rooney, Ferdinand, players like that - Arsenal were never capable of buying them. They’d rather go for a Francis Jeffers who had the potential. Richard Wright. Reyes. And so on. There was a reason Arsenal got them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Mase wrote:
john68 wrote:When David Deane was in charge, Arsenal were a football club. They competed for the best players in the transfer market and successfully chased titles playing pretty decent football.

They competed for the players that weren’t the best but had the most potential. Fabragas, Henry, Freddie L, Pires, etc - most of those players weren’t being chased by a number of clubs when Arsenal got them.

You look at Rooney, Ferdinand, players like that - Arsenal were never capable of buying them. They’d rather go for a Francis Jeffers who had the potential. Richard Wright. Reyes. And so on. There was a reason Arsenal got them.

You're both right in a sense. Wenger was groundbreaking in his scouting methods so he bought players with great potential or who were thought to be over the hill when they weren't. So, to be sure, they were competing for the best players but I also think Mase is right, they could not afford (or chose not to spend, either way they weren't involved for some reason) to go for the players who everyone realized was good, only those that most didn't realize were good. I also remember reading an article many years ago that stated that Arsenal spent a disproportionate share of their wages on young players compared to other teams so that was seemingly also a strategy of theirs, to pay young players good money so as to get an advantage over their opponents.

But then the other teams emulated Wenger's scouting methods and developed them further. The likes of us and Chelsea started putting much more money into our youth teams. And the likes of Pep developed football further, partially building on Wenger's ideas. And Wenger didn't develop much further.

I know a lot of people here didn't like what Neville had to say when we beat Arsenal in the League Cup Final but he was right when he said that Arsenal had now even lost their footballing appeal, I.E. they weren't that nice to watch anymore. IMO, it's because the rest of the teams caught up and then developed beyond. Wenger didn't regress, football progressed.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mase wrote:

You're both right in a sense. Wenger was groundbreaking in his scouting methods so he bought players with great potential or who were thought to be over the hill when they weren't. So, to be sure, they were competing for the best players but I also think Mase is right, they could not afford (or chose not to spend, either way they weren't involved for some reason) to go for the players who everyone realized was good, only those that most didn't realize were good. I also remember reading an article many years ago that stated that Arsenal spent a disproportionate share of their wages on young players compared to other teams so that was seemingly also a strategy of theirs, to pay young players good money so as to get an advantage over their opponents.

But then the other teams emulated Wenger's scouting methods and developed them further. The likes of us and Chelsea started putting much more money into our youth teams. And the likes of Pep developed football further, partially building on Wenger's ideas. And Wenger didn't develop much further.

I know a lot of people here didn't like what Neville had to say when we beat Arsenal in the League Cup Final but he was right when he said that Arsenal had now even lost their footballing appeal, I.E. they weren't that nice to watch anymore. IMO, it's because the rest of the teams caught up and then developed beyond. Wenger didn't regress, football progressed.

I think that’s true. Wenger thought buying these young players with potential, Bellerin for example, would still work. But he doesn’t have the luxury of having a team that’s already great and he can just add in the youngsters and surround them with already good players.

After the invincibles faded he didn’t change his model and kept trying to spend money on getting these youngsters in (whether it be money on buying them or their wages) and ultimately they had no decent players to learn from.

I didn’t mind Wenger at all. Until he was so so bitter about us getting taken over. Glad his time has ended on a sour note now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Would have loved to see him stay on for another 5 years to be honest.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 pm

When the Kroenkes took over, the business model changed. No longer chasing titles, top four was necessary, they chased profit. No longer competed for the best players, they bought youth chesaply and relied on Wenger to coach it to a level.
The strategy served them well for mqany years. Make top four, remain in the CL Pot 1, get a relatively easy group and at that point see what happened, whilst the owners picked up the cash..........pots and pots of it.

Wenger was complicit in all that, overpaid for a job with limited ambition from his bosses.

The rise of City and our resources threatened their previous easy ride stategy, so they became vociferously anti City in public and viscious in their opposition to City in private. It was they and the rags that coerced the Prem to bring in the domestic FFP.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying fuck about the whinging twat. he allowed Arsenal to become what it has become without a whimper or any moralbackbone. He took the money and shut the fuck up, Whilst defending their lack of success in public.
Glad he's gone.

What will change?...Absolutely nothing. The Kroenkes will employ another puppet to control, whilst they try and work out how best to maximise their profit having failed to see off the threat of having City and Spurs usurping their position and a L'Pool revival that could see them out of the CL for many years.

It's not often I disagree with you John, but David Dein was a crook. A failed import/export man who had a company that always posted the same loss every year. It was him and Edwards that went to the FA yo get the support for a breakaway league in 92 with promises of cash and power and helping the England team. It was he who conned shared out of the Hill Woods, trousering himself around £100m along the way. And he was instrumental in the G14 stitch up when Arsenal finally wormed their way in. He was on a Premier League board that stole away power over the game (well mainly the money) from the FA.
Dressed up as a businessman but really a failed barrow boy spiv in the mold of Sugar.
Utter cunt of a man.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:54 pm

For the first six or seven years he had great success. Three PL titles including a Double. An unbeaten season and a further three FA cups. Then he got lazy, settling for a CL place rather than trying to win trophies. Yes he has introduced training methods that are used today and changed the mindset of the professional footballer in terms of diet, fitness and off field activities. But other managers and teams have overtaken him and beaten him at his own game.

And as for his eyesight where he routinely didn’t spot the most blatant his own team committed but he spotted minor infringements the opposition made turned him into a caricature of himself, much like what is happening to Mourinho.

He can fuck off for my money. All this bullshit of leaving a legacy. What legacy? They are sixth in the PL, a few points ahead of Burnley. The last four or five home games have been played at a half full stadium. The fans have had enough. Plus his hatred of City which manifested itself after we pissed on their cosy party at the top table means I shan’t miss him one little bit. I hope he loses every last game he takes charge of
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby BookJunior » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Very glad to see the back of him. His constant whingeing and moaning about everything to do with City gave me the impression he regarded us as taking a place at the top table reserved for Arsenal, Chelsea, Rags and Dippers.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:26 am

Glad to see the back of the hypocritical, City-hating, money-grabbing shitbag.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:35 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Glad to see the back of the hypocritical, City-hating, money-grabbing shitbag.

Nice answer, succinct, descriptive .
Last edited by zuricity on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Spurge » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 am

Well i'm going to acknowledge what he brought to the premier league - Arsenal were a team i liked watching in the top flight under wenger and his achievements cannot be understated.

Arsenal fans became frustrated when he kept trying to bring players in and turning them into superstars instead of using the money available to buy the superstar. Wenger wanted to prove himself to the world and fans saw this as putting his own interests before that of the club. That and him not brining in leaders to replace the likes of adams and Vieira slowly led to Arsenal losing their grip on top 2 which became top 4 and now top 6. The fact that winning an FA Cup last season didnt resinate with the fans shows just how important the premier league is.

Do i wish him well? Not really. Do i thank him for what he brought to the table in the past? Most certainly.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum