Phil Foden

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Phil Foden

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:39 pm

sheblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Next season will be the true indicator of our plans for him

I think a 6 year deal is a pretty good indicator.

Not at all. Im not trying to be negative but its not like we would've offered him a 2 yr deal. 6 years keeps a promising "youngster" on our books for a long time and lets the club really figure out what to do with him. if we're not gonna keep him it allows us time to sell him with year left on his deal and get a good return, and it also prevents him from walking away sooner rather than later if he doesnt like the way things are going. 6 years, frankly, means nothing. he could keep getting 20 minutes per match next season and then force his way out

sheblue wrote:With Dave Silva and Kevin still out surely he will start against the hoff.

Cant see it. CM of Bernardo and Gundogan.

I'll shocked if he doesn't, he started our dead rubbers in CL last season, granted this isn't quite dead, more of a on life support rubber but I think he'll start, that's why the contract announcement was made this week too I reckon.

If he doesn't play tomorrow he might as well tear up that contract.

I'll jump on the negative cunt bandwagon if he doesn't start tomorrow.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum