Dippers ready to attack Roma bus

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dippers ready to attack Roma bus

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:If the guy that's been battered still supports Liverpool after all this, after ultimately the club he loves encouraged this, then more fool him.

As if, Liam.
None of us would stop supporting City if we got a dig off an opposing fan.
I get your point. City don't encourage this sort of thing, but he's not going to stop supporting his team.

If I got a dig from an opposition fan randomly why would I stop supporting City. If City encouraged it, if our fans actively encouraged it, why would I risk my life supporting that?! There's more important things in life than football.
Last edited by Mase on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:09 am

I hate them more than the rags. I hope they get slaughtered in Rome. I dont understand their self entitlement and arrogance when they never won the premier league, I can understand rags arrogance to an extent due to their recent dominance, dont get me wrong i still hate them with passion.
Its funny how the media painting the importance of chimps league over the premier league to suit their agenda. All the hype could come down crushing if they fail to lift the chimps league. I wouldn't be surprised they'll think they had a better season than us even if they end up potless such is their blind hypocrisy.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:57 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:
PaulieIrish wrote:Some of you need to seriously look at yourselves. I’m a blue for 40 plus years. But this shit of condoning and joking about a Liverpool fan getting nearly killed by the Roma gobs is beyond belief. Yeah, they were way out of order trashing our bus. Way offside. But nearly killing a 50 year old man because he supports a different team is beyond belief.

Grow the fuck up. We support city for all kinds of reasons. All sides have jokes and supposed hated for others who support other teams. It’s way over the line of humanity in my opinion to joke about serious injury to another fan of the beautiful game, regardless of what team he supports.

Any thoughts or comments about all those that died at Heysel pal or all the other violent incidents involving the vile bin dippers over the years ? Think you have missed the point by a massive distance pal .

If I may defend Paulie, whilst agreeing with the substantive points made by most above.
What I took from his point above and something I would be in agreement with is; There have been a few posts that are bordering on hoping Liverpool fans get what's coming to them in Rome.
Basically what you're looking at there is the same thing happening on a grander scale, to similarly innocent easy targets.
Nobody does condone that kind of thing. Someone is going to get killed. But wishing retribution from Roma fans on them as a fanbase, is basically salivating at the prospect of more violence.

Now, to make it clear. I'm in the same camp as Dubciteh and OD. I agree with what they wrote above......except there is no posh part of Clondalkin. The problem as I see it is that they have no sense of having played any part in, what will see, football descending into tribal violence again. They will revel in the martyrdom of another victim and will have enough clout in the media to have this attitude pervade.

They've always had mad bastards all over Europe but we never heard as much about it. Wait for the World Cup and you'll see real trouble. The last thing you want is the likes of Liverpool bigging up the hooligan element of the game in England because everyone will reap what they sow.

But, the answer has to be about sanctioning Liverpool FC everytime their fans step out of line. There should be questions asked about the Mersey Police handling of home matches also. Wishing for someone to get a slap or two in Rome is not the way, because it doesn't stop there.

The poor guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time just supporting his team . Merseyside police are a disgrace LFC are a disgrace and LFC fans mostly are mindless ignorant vile despicable scum and have been allowed to behave this way for decades aided and abetted by LFC , the Merseyside police and the media . Again innocent people bare the brunt of the actions of these vile morons .......... it won’t be any of the mentioned fault though it never is but the poor guy and his family now have to suffer just as others have in the past . LFC reaps what it sows and I truely hope they get what for in Rome on and off the field and end up potless yet again I detest them that much . Some things make you hate ! LFC makes me hate big time and the sooner the media stops sucking up to this scum of a football club the better for everyone who loves football .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:14 am

Everything bad that has happened in English football in the past 40 years has the fingerprints of this vile club and its degenerate fans written all over it. From the home team keeping the whole of the gate receipts to getting banned from Europe, all-seater stadiums , the founding of the PL and the group of 14 in Europe (to keep/generate more money for the already rich clubs and thereby close down all competition), FFP both in Europe and domestically can be place directly at the door of this lot. Over the last 3 weeks we've had a glimpse of why this is the case.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:36 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Everything bad that has happened in English football in the past 40 years has the fingerprints of this vile club and its degenerate fans written all over it. From the home team keeping the whole of the gate receipts to getting banned from Europe, all-seater stadiums , the founding of the PL and the group of 14 in Europe (to keep/generate more money for the already rich clubs and thereby close down all competition), FFP both in Europe and domestically can be place directly at the door of this lot. Over the last 3 weeks we've had a glimpse of why this is the case.

Great post pal !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Are some really saying that a bus attack against the city bus was the catalyst for a Roma ultra hooligans to try and kill someone? Really?
So the Roma ultras sat at home and after the bus attack decided to have a go at the dippers. I dont think so.
It was nothing to do with the bus this goes back a long time and something was going to happen anyway, as it will in Rome, no matter what they do.
If i was a dipper fan Rome would be the last place on earth I would be next week.
It could get nasty.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Had debate with a couple of Liverpool fans on Facebook and they really have no shame. They tried to say other fans are jealous of their atmosphere and don't like that Liverpool fans are super passionate and noisy. They would not condone what went on against City and seemed to think Conte Snr and whoever it was giving the finger to the Liverpool badge was far worse.

I tried to explain that creating a really hostile atmosphere vs City has lead to a load of Roma Ultra's/hooligans coming to the game and wanting a dust up. Ultras thrive off that sort of thing and would have lapped it up...No Liverpool fans having none of it and said that its all the Italians fault. Nothing to do with them whatsoever and we should stop moaning about one broken window. They are a breed on their own.....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:17 pm

sheblue wrote:Are some really saying that a bus attack against the city bus was the catalyst for a Roma ultra hooligans to try and kill someone? Really?
So the Roma ultras sat at home and after the bus attack decided to have a go at the dippers. I dont think so.
It was nothing to do with the bus this goes back a long time and something was going to happen anyway, as it will in Rome, no matter what they do.
If i was a dipper fan Rome would be the last place on earth I would be next week.
It could get nasty.

No, they're not, they are saying it's a contributory factor.

You're right about not being in Rome around that date though, and I'm there on the 8th!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:32 pm

sheblue wrote:Are some really saying that a bus attack against the city bus was the catalyst for a Roma ultra hooligans to try and kill someone? Really?
It could get nasty.

Come on pal. Surely you read through the thread??

Shouting about how hostile you are going to make it for the visiting club invites and incites violence.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:
It could get nasty.

Come on pal. Surely you read through the thread??

Shouting about how hostile you are going to make it for the visiting club invites and incites violence.

This. You keep dishing it out and being allowed to by people that should be stopping you, then one day a group of people are going to come along and say "you know what, we'll prepare for that then"

I've not heard about Roma fans kicking off to THAT extent for a good while. When we played them the other year it wasn't that bad off the pitch.

With that said, do you think Liverpool have just been unlucky on this occasion. I don't.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Creating an over hostile atmosphere is surely going to contribute to hooligan fans coming prepared to respond in the way they know best.

Our own fans and police were expecting some form of retrobution when dippers visited the etihad after the bus incident. These roma fans aren't gonna miss an opportunity to kick off.

Dipper fans helped to create this hostility with thier behaviour
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:24 pm

An old adage of “if you play with fire you may get burnt” is very apt here.

Yes, the individual concerned is probably just an innocent bystander and let’s all hope he recovers. But hundreds if not thousands of his brethren were lining the streets stoning our bus and causing mayhem and this was repeated against Roma. Roma probably saw what happened on TV against us and a few idiots thought they would go tooled up in case it got out of hand. It must also be noted the dippers and Roma have previous and it was their battle in the run up to and including the final of the 84 European cup that indirectly led to the Heysel tragedy.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:40 pm

I hope they all die
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:09 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:I hope they all die

They will.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:47 pm

The rags call them the vermin, we now no why. When we played the wankers team Wembley I had two cheeky twats in our seats. Words exchanged with the blagging cunts they did one spewing shite. Horrible fans protected by the media for disgusting behaviour. No mention ever Hysel. Just maybe the Roma fans as mentioned by Sof turned up with a bring it on round 1 wankers. They can talk all they want Roma will be the chickens coming home to roost and they know it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:32 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:If the guy that's been battered still supports Liverpool after all this, after ultimately the club he loves encouraged this, then more fool him.

As if, Liam.
None of us would stop supporting City if we got a dig off an opposing fan.
I get your point. City don't encourage this sort of thing, but he's not going to stop supporting his team.

Eamonn what all this showed is Liverpool fans knew they could do what they wanted when they attacked our team bus as they had police backing. The mersey police should be blamed also. Now in Rome the Roma fans will know that the Italian police will give them as much leeway and I am fearful for the outcome. Thanks to our fans though in the 2nd leg for showing huge restraint and common sense.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:53 pm

everyone-hates-the-international-break-but-not-liverpool-fans-they-6475101.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:15 pm

What i found particularly disturbing on Tuesday was the fact that the police vans had loads of scouse climbing all over them and sitting on the police vans. What ? how can you attempt to control
a crowd when they are already taking the mickey out of you ?
Why were they drinking openly from beer glasses from the Albert pub on the streets - all day long ?

Where were the police when the Ultras had a go ? how come they got anywhere near the stadium without being ushered to the ground ?
Incompetence at the highest level.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:39 pm

zuricity wrote:What i found particularly disturbing on Tuesday was the fact that the police vans had loads of scouse climbing all over them and sitting on the police vans. What ? how can you attempt to control
a crowd when they are already taking the mickey out of you ?
Why were they drinking openly from beer glasses from the Albert pub on the streets - all day long ?

Where were the police when the Ultras had a go ? how come they got anywhere near the stadium without being ushered to the ground ?
Incompetence at the highest level.

The scum police farce in the uk has always always, always had an ''ignore it'' policy from way way back.They had this mandate in dipperland when they trashed our bus.

Our Police Farce and the Judicial system is one of the worst on planet earth.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Scatman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:47 pm

If this was any other team in any other match would we give a fuck?

They beat us. Shouldn't we all grow up and accept it?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum