Three stars City v Hammers Thread Another three stars

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Three stars City v Hammers Thread Another three stars

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:01 pm

The Maine Man wrote:
Mase wrote:I've always said I'm a bit gutted that my kids won't know what it's like to really support City. If you're a 7 year old lad at school and all your mates support United and United are winning everything but you still choose to support City - you're a supporter, not just a fan of City.

My youngest lad was disappointed not to see more goals against Stoke at home (he is 6). I keep telling them how bad we were so they can maybe appreciate what they are seeing now.

my 8 year old said it’s boring supporting city because.... they always win! (this was before the dippers / rags games)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:11 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:
Mase wrote:I've always said I'm a bit gutted that my kids won't know what it's like to really support City. If you're a 7 year old lad at school and all your mates support United and United are winning everything but you still choose to support City - you're a supporter, not just a fan of City.

My youngest lad was disappointed not to see more goals against Stoke at home (he is 6). I keep telling them how bad we were so they can maybe appreciate what they are seeing now.

my 8 year old said it’s boring supporting city because.... they always win! (this was before the dippers / rags games)

My lad, just finished Uni, fucking loves it and doesn't give a shit about where we came from, and he understands it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:26 pm

So, the pundits say it's a definite penalty for Raheem yet it was an either/or against the Dippers?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:51 am

Slim wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:

One of the more recent examples was Stuart Pearce’s last season as city boss. In particular after the 2nd of Jan 2007. Not sure anyone who didn’t see it can appreciate that.

That season I genuinely considered just giving up on football. I don't think we scored a goal at home for months!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:

My lad, just finished Uni, fucking loves it and doesn't give a shit about where we came from, and he understands it.

Have you just admitted Phips is your kid?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:00 am

Mase wrote:
Slim wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:

One of the more recent examples was Stuart Pearce’s last season as city boss. In particular after the 2nd of Jan 2007. Not sure anyone who didn’t see it can appreciate that.

That season I genuinely considered just giving up on football. I don't think we scored a goal at home for months!

I became that disillusioned that year that I found myself pining for another relegation just so we could have something to play for.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:13 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:
Slim wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:

I became that disillusioned that year that I found myself pining for another relegation just so we could have something to play for.

Rotating Sibierski and Samaras as left wingers....
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:35 am

Was that the season David James played up top and just ran about kicking people :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby patrickblue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:44 am

Slim wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:

I sat through every one of those home games, freezing my bollox off, and became near suicidal in the end.
That said, I still firmly believe Pearce deserves some credit for keeping that lot up, and hence for what it led to.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:45 am

london blue 2 wrote:Was that the season David James played up top and just ran about kicking people :lol:

That was the season before, Weaver and Isaksson were in nets that season, half a season each iirc.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby patrickblue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:49 am

london blue 2 wrote:Was that the season David James played up top and just ran about kicking people :lol:

Do you mean the Middlesbrough waffa cup decider, when Fowler missed the pen?
If so, that was two seasons earlier.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:15 pm

patrickblue wrote:

Ah yes.

Pearce to Pep. We've come quite a way haven't we.

But there's still room for a thread about what needs fixing haha.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby aaron bond » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Ah yes.

Ah...what a game that was.

For a brief moment it looked like Pearce had waved a magic wand and his decision to put David James up front instead of a striker we had on the bench looked like a tactical masterclass.

Then Fowler missed the pen and Middlesbrough took our place in the UEFA Cup/Europa League instead.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu May 03, 2018 2:53 pm

I dont think it was mentioned yet but Yaya completed more passes than any West Ham player in the entire match despite only coming on for 19 minutes
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Wooders » Thu May 03, 2018 3:06 pm

aaron bond wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Ah yes.

For a brief moment it looked like Pearce had waved a magic wand and his decision to put David James up front instead of a striker we had on the bench looked like a tactical masterclass.

Then Fowler missed the pen and Middlesbrough took our place in the UEFA Cup/Europa League instead.

Lol remember Pearce’s “secret weapon” ruse was rumbled when James had to start the game in an outfielders kit?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu May 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:So, the pundits say it's a definite penalty for Raheem yet it was an either/or against the Dippers?

Yes Squire.....absolutely this the cheating swines !!!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby patrickblue » Fri May 04, 2018 7:16 am

Wooders wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Ah yes.

Lol remember Pearce’s “secret weapon” ruse was rumbled when James had to start the game in an outfielders kit?

I thought psycho's secret weapon was called Beanie.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum