Things that need fixing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Things that need fixing

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 04, 2018 1:01 pm

Mase wrote:
Scatman wrote:^all of these, but who is this big bugger to go up front for plan B who can also do plan A and who would he be an improvement on?

A less twaty version of Costa.

I am trying to think of a Striker that would fit us. Dybala? Talented, but looks soft. Griezman? Overrated.

I don't think we are going to see anyone this summer, but next year, if Sergio leaves, that will be a big challenge for us. The market is not how it used to be when it comes down to goal hungry cunts that will step up when you need him.
We were really blessed striker wise in the past 8-9 years, with Adeba, Mario, Edin, Jovetic, and of course the two argie buldogs. Our only real miss was Bony.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubciteh » Fri May 04, 2018 1:11 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
Scatman wrote:^all of these, but who is this big bugger to go up front for plan B who can also do plan A and who would he be an improvement on?

I am trying to think of a Striker that would fit us. Dybala? Talented, but looks soft. Griezman? Overrated.

I don't think we are going to see anyone this summer, but next year, if Sergio leaves, that will be a big challenge for us. The market is not how it used to be when it comes down to goal hungry cunts that will step up when you need him.
We were really blessed striker wise in the past 8-9 years, with Adeba, Mario, Edin, Jovetic, and of course the two argie buldogs. Our only real miss was Bony.

A firing Edin would be ideal!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

A firing Edin would be ideal!

Agree, but who? I am trying to get ahead around this and the name Kane is the only one that comes in mind.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby sheblue » Fri May 04, 2018 1:21 pm

There were times this season when a big powerful striker with a real ariel threat would have been a benefit.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri May 04, 2018 1:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

I can think of someone . . . .yes, I'm serious
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby mr_nool » Fri May 04, 2018 1:29 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

I can think of someone . . . .yes, I'm serious

Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 04, 2018 2:57 pm

If he's grown up now, and realises he has to put a shift in every time he trains AND plays, then maybe Mario, but I don't know if he will ever grow up (which is part of his charm).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Scatman » Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Whoever it is would have to be capable of playing our plan A. Dzeko, no chance. Mario, Pep wouldn't go for it. Kane, I'm not even sure he could manage it.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Bluedj » Fri May 04, 2018 5:51 pm

We won’t go for him but Giroud would bag loads of goals for us. Imagine him on the end of some of Bendy Mendys crosses?

Shame he went to Chavski
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat May 05, 2018 12:32 am

Dameerto wrote:If he's grown up now, and realises he has to put a shift in every time he trains AND plays, then maybe Mario, but I don't know if he will ever grow up (which is part of his charm).

He and Mendy could give us stories for the ages.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Dameerto wrote:If he's grown up now, and realises he has to put a shift in every time he trains AND plays, then maybe Mario, but I don't know if he will ever grow up (which is part of his charm).

He and Mendy could give us stories for the ages.

I think he will never grow up, but a serious Mario would not be the same.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum