Things that need fixing

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Things that need fixing

Postby PeterParker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:25 pm

We are really close on becoming the best team in the history of the league with a record that will be very hard to be beaten by anyone. Our football is almost poetry and we are the best team in England in the last 7 years.

But,

What do you think it needs solving? For me it must be the finishing. As good as we are, our finishing is one of the worst I saw, and this is not only in Peps era, but also in the second and third year under Pellers. Maybe one of the biggest difference between us and Scouse is that they need only 4 chances to score 3, while we need 8 to score one.

Of course, we scored what, 102 goals in the league? Now imagine how much did we miss from those 102 goals. Look how much did we miss just today and add that to other games. How can we fix this? Can Guardiola solve this, or this comes just from the quality of the players?
I find Jesus our best finisher, above Sterling, Sane, KDB and Aguero, players that score a shitload of goals, but still miss a lot. Can they fix their rate?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Things that need fixing

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:38 pm

not an issue mate
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:05 pm

As someone who turns up to watch the Champions League games I'd say it's time we stopped booing the anthem. It's funny how the people who actually turn up and therefore patently give a shit about this competition hamstring us in it at the same time. I know fans have a right to boo and I know UEFA is corrupt, but I'm convinced that if we stopped the booing we'd be allowed to win this thing. Just thinking about it recently, had we not had the goal disallowed at Liverpool and the second at our place (leaving everything else out) it'd have been 3-3 at half time at our place and we'd have had the away goal. The refs quite obviously screwed us over in favour of a club that is the most degenerate in European history and I can only think it's because of this booing thing. They won't allow a final to start with a huge number of fans booing the crap out of their anthem. So that would be my thing that needs fixing.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby branny » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:09 pm

The sloppiness that keeps creeping in when we go 2-0 up.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Our performances against liverpuddle .
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:17 pm

Gareth Bale coming to the rescue mate! :D
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:25 pm

My bath tap leaks intermittently.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby john68 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:33 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:As someone who turns up to watch the Champions League games I'd say it's time we stopped booing the anthem. It's funny how the people who actually turn up and therefore patently give a shit about this competition hamstring us in it at the same time. I know fans have a right to boo and I know UEFA is corrupt, but I'm convinced that if we stopped the booing we'd be allowed to win this thing. Just thinking about it recently, had we not had the goal disallowed at Liverpool and the second at our place (leaving everything else out) it'd have been 3-3 at half time at our place and we'd have had the away goal. The refs quite obviously screwed us over in favour of a club that is the most degenerate in European history and I can only think it's because of this booing thing. They won't allow a final to start with a huge number of fans booing the crap out of their anthem. So that would be my thing that needs fixing.

UeFA, like the FA and other football institutions has been governed and controlled by money men who deal in such high figures and move in such circles that they would not give a flying fuck who boos who or what. They are too secure in their power for it to be any more more than a tiny irritant and that's if they even bothered to think about it.

whilst our reality of football is 2 teams playing a game and the emotions of winning and losing, their reality is about maximising profit through broadcasting rights, sponsorships and a variety of other sources of income which csan samount to £trillions. City fans booing their tune doesn't affect that one jot.

UeFA are controlled by 9 clubs, the others of the old G14 (of which there were 18 clubs have been dropped). PSG and City are correctly considered by those controlling clubs to have the resources to challenge and possibly affect the earnings of that group of clubs. Within UeFA circles, PSG and City are defined as 'Nation Clubs'. which must be stopped feeding from the top table.

Neithe City nor PSG are the first clubs to be stopped. Think back to the early days of Abramovitch's Chelsea and the media attacks and never forget that Norwegian referee who's blatently corrupt decision robbed Chelsea in the infamous game versus Barca. It was only when England were given the extra CL qualifying place that they became accepted and were absorbed into that controlling group.

Can City win the CL? Yes, but only if City are that good and score that many goals that the best efforts of the football institutions are negated. The Prem don't much like City, certainly the ;likes of the rags, dippers, Arse and the Chavs......But this season, despite their best efforts to stop us. The nonsense double yellows, so no appeal, against Walker and Sterling, The series of horrendous tackles against City players that went unpunished, the blatant penalties waved away by refs....City were unstoppable and there is only so much and so far they dare to go before the wider world sits up and takes note.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Crossie » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:12 am

Didn’t we see a star recently that said we’re actually quite efficient in front of goal? I don’t disagree that it certainly appears we should be hitting the onion bag even more though.

Maybe it’s the Messi/Ronaldo factor, if we had someone like that, they’d be getting 40+ goals a season in this team and we’d be untouchable.

I don’t think Jesus is going to be THAT good, but maybe his all round game makes us a better team.

We shouldn’ act spoilt having witnessed the best season ever seen in England. Something in the middle of the park maybe, a de Jong with passing ability for those games where we need a stopper. The thing is, it’s just not Peps way and we should trust him.

With VAR we’d have beaten Liverpool over 2 legs, maybe we just need to put all our weight behind that so we see fair games.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 am

Don’t be amazing all season then absolutely bottle it in vital games (wigan, scum, candlepool x2)
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby sheblue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:34 am

Wooders wrote:Don’t be amazing all season then absolutely bottle it in vital games (wigan, scum, candlepool x2)

100%.

This is the only blot on the copy book of an excellent season. Pep has been revelation but he has faults in this regard. Its all great spanking most sides in the league but in high pressure high press intensity games where we are harassed is a very different matter. And in high pressure games, irrespective of luck or refereeing decisions, the facts are we did not step up or fight tooth and nail when we absolutely needed to. We did it in fits and starts, that is not good enough.

The timing of the derby in between the CL 1/4s was dreadful, it did not make it any easier, but there is some history here, Monaco last season, and he had similar problems at Bayern. That game against Real a few years back when they just capitulated.

This is Peps achilles heel. This is what needs fixing, and this alone.

Next season he will have to get a handle on it and if he can that will be the true measure of him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:53 am

I think I've posted this elsewhere on here but it's relevant here too

http://www.football365.com/news/the-one ... -finishers

Some more stats here, how they quantify what a 'big chance' is I've no idea but here's the table for big chances missed according to the Premier League

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top ... nce_missed
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby patrickblue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:33 am

london blue 2 wrote:Our performances against liverpuddle .

This

We need to get the monkey off our back.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:48 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I think I've posted this elsewhere on here but it's relevant here too

http://www.football365.com/news/the-one ... -finishers

Some more stats here, how they quantify what a 'big chance' is I've no idea but here's the table for big chances missed according to the Premier League

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top ... nce_missed

Thanks for that. Imagine if Woy had a decent striker in his team.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:32 pm

I’m regards to the big games I certainly think we’ve been better than last year in that regard. Better cl performance, more wins against top 6 in the league and a cup final. We had a shit week that hurt us, but even if we improve slightly again we will take some stopping!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:57 pm

In a season where we have won 30/35 games and should’ve beaten the rags and Burnley as well, scored 102 goals, won the most games, had the highest GD, won the title joint earliest and garnered a number of other records and accomplishments, I’d suggest not too much.

Cup games being one offs will always have the element of luck, poor decision making, poor refereeing, tough fixtures either before or after, that you sometimes just can’t legislate for. But for me, the league will always be the benchmark as the quality always rises and as they say, the table doesn’t lie.

More of the same please next season
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby aaron bond » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:19 pm

patrickblue wrote:

This

This is really the only thing.

As much as we hate to admit it, we have a massive psychological hurdle against Liverpool.

Despite them being a far inferior team to us, when we play against every single one of our players falls to pieces.

Every other team we turn up and play our game and control the match. We need a big win at Anfield next season to break this hoodoo.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:26 pm

aaron bond wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

This

As much as we hate to admit it, we have a massive psychological hurdle against Liverpool.

Despite them being a far inferior team to us, when we play against every single one of our players falls to pieces.

Every other team we turn up and play our game and control the match. We need a big win at Anfield next season to break this hoodoo.

Yep.
Another sick swan moment at klanfield.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:01 pm

aaron bond wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

This

Inferior squad, but not team. They don't have the depth to challenge for a whope season, but their top level in single games is very close to ours.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:26 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote: They won't allow a final to start with a huge number of fans booing the crap out of their anthem. So that would be my thing that needs fixing.

With sponsor tickets, opposition fans, and people on our special cup schemes being prioritized for tickets, how many people who boo the anthem will be in the stadium? 7k at most, I'd bet.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum