Lawro & Champagne Charlie predictions v Terriers (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & Champagne Charlie predictions v Terriers (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Merson has disappeared into a drunken stupor somewhere and Sky have had to provide a late substitute for his weekly ramblings, so they have drafted in Champagne Charlie Nicholas who pulls no punches!!! Lawro also goes for the jugular, this must be the highest aggregate prediction we have ever had from these "expert pundits".

Lawro takes on singer James Bay. Bay is from Hitchin in Hertfordshire but supports Newcastle because of one man - Alan Shearer.
He explained: "When I was six, Alan played for Newcastle - and that was it, really. "I grew up in a town that is sort of near teams like Arsenal and Tottenham, but not near enough for me to feel like that was my club. "And in the middle of the 1990s, Newcastle were up there, and Shearer had just signed for them. For that reason alone, myself and my brother as well were just like - he is the man, so Newcastle is the team."

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43944960

City left it really late when they beat Huddersfield 2-1 in November through a Raheem Sterling goal. But I don't see it being anywhere as near as tight this time. City are flying and the handbrake is off - they are just having a great end to the season and they are battering everybody.

Lawro's prediction: 4-0
Bay's prediction: 4-0

Champagne Charlie

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ival-hopes

I've watched Huddersfield in two out of their last four games and they're a nervous wreck. They don't know how to handle this situation as David Wagner only knows success. Sometimes the game can go flat when you get the trophy but this Manchester City side are in the entertainment business and I think they'll wipe the floor with another team.

Charlie predicts: 5-0 (9/1 with Sky Bet)

Its got 0-0 written all over it now :mrgreen:
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & Champagne Charlie predictions v Terriers (H)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 04, 2018 1:43 pm

i’ll be pissed off if it’s not 10+ - 1
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: Lawro & Champagne Charlie predictions v Terriers (H)

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Let’s hope DC doesn’t return. Though I can’t stand Charlie Nicholas, he hates us with a passion
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum