MikChig

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MikChig

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Did any of them bother saying goodbye?

Not a single one - poor show
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:34 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

'When you have years of communication, whether by look or just by sense, it's always right to say goodbye to friends'.

There must be real issues.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

'When you have years of communication, whether by look or just by sense, it's always right to say goodbye to friends'.

There must be real issues.

we've all got a few of those I suppose ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 am

Glad to see that even without OD there are plenty of other posters willing to step up and turn threads into being all about him.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:43 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:Glad to see that even without OD there are plenty of other posters willing to step up and turn threads into being all about him.

Thought I'd take the effort to get some discussion going after comments that the place was a little slow. It does interest me though, why people, who have been around for years, just decide that they no longer want to chat.

I suppose we'll never get to know.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:28 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Glad to see that even without OD there are plenty of other posters willing to step up and turn threads into being all about him.

Thought I'd take the effort to get some discussion going after comments that the place was a little slow. It does interest me though, why people, who have been around for years, just decide that they no longer want to chat.

In fairness, I hadn't noticed he'd gone until it was brought up in this thread.

I haven't noticed the site being any slower these past few weeks than at any other time over the past 18 months or so (except during end-of-season run-ins, transfer frenzies and similar), and just thought that in the run-up to the Liverpool game more posts were being made in fewer threads, especially with the international break following straight after, meaning there's no 'next up' discussion to look forward to in the immediate wake of the Dippers match.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:33 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I haven't noticed the site being any slower these past few weeks than at any other time over the past 18 months or so (except during end-of-season run-ins, transfer frenzies and similar), and just thought that in the run-up to the Liverpool game more posts were being made in fewer threads, especially with the international break following straight after, meaning there's no 'next up' discussion to look forward to in the immediate wake of the Dippers match.

I didn't take personally mate ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:45 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fuck me , your a boring cunt .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:37 pm

The site is much slower these days. Many of the best posters have gone. I used to laugh a lot as there were some funny contributors, but don't often now.
It's a poorer place these days.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:00 pm

It is a forum that has been a lot less respectful recently. So many spiteful comments to reasonable posts.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:The site is much slower these days. Many of the best posters have gone. I used to laugh a lot as there were some funny contributors, but don't often now.
It's a poorer place these days.

This place is always a better place once we lose a few games. The shitter we are the better the site is.

When things are all rosy and everything going well there is not a lot to talk about. Pep has ruined this site , long may it continue!

I will always be here as will a few others like carl(the cunt ;)) so it will never die!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:04 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It is a forum that has been a lot less respectful recently. So many spiteful comments to reasonable posts.

Fuck off, no there's not!!

;)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:It is a forum that has been a lot less respectful recently. So many spiteful comments to reasonable posts.

Fuck off, no there's not!!

;)

He he :lol:
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I'd agree but at the same time I'd say it's always been this way. I think the issue is that certain posters have got away with so much winding up that it's got other posters so wound up that they've gone overboard, chasing them around the board (or was it the WUMs?).

We've been around for many years and understood the site and posters, lately there's been a few that have been allowed to really turn those posters off. If the owners do not care then that's fair enough but there are a few that really care for this site, and the people that contribute.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I'd agree but at the same time I'd say it's always been this way. I think the issue is that certain posters have got away with so much winding up that it's got other posters so wound up that they've gone overboard, chasing them around the board (or was it the WUMs?).

We've been around for many years and understood the site and posters, lately there's been a few that have been allowed to really turn those posters off. If the owners do not care then that's fair enough but there are a few that really care for this site, and the people that contribute.

This is true. That and some people just can’t help to take pot shots every chance they get and some people don’t like to row. I mostly just tell them they’re a twat, but some can’t be arsed. I too liked it a bit more lively.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby dazby » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am

The issue is the lack of newbies.

We've always had turnover of great posters but new ones always stepped up to take their place.

There are plenty more places to talk City these days too.

I do wish this site was easier to link vids and pics to. I know how to do it but it's painful compared to other places.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:41 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

This is true. That and some people just can’t help to take pot shots every chance they get and some people don’t like to row. I mostly just tell them they’re a twat, but some can’t be arsed. I too liked it a bit more lively.

twat.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:03 pm

dazby wrote:The issue is the lack of newbies.
We've always had turnover of great posters but new ones always stepped up to take their place.
I do wish this site was easier to link vids and pics to. I know how to do it but it's painful compared to other places.

you having trouble with your avatar as well?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Your fucking painful, you fucking village idiot .

Heaps and heaps and heaps .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:04 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Your fucking painful, you fucking village idiot .

Heaps and heaps and heaps .

You're.

You did that on purpose.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum