***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 am

Bluedj wrote:That is one of the biggest issues. Having a srikeforce all under 5’ is mental. We have some great crossers if the ball and no one to nod them in. This and set pieces is killing us

I'd love a Dzeko to come off the bench against these teams we struggle to breakdown.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am

Fern is out of contract at the end of the season and Pep has said there's no rush on signing him up again..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:25 pm

Mase wrote:Fern is out of contract at the end of the season and Pep has said there's no rush on signing him up again..

Ferna is a MF Pep has made a mistake with that no doubt, with Silva and Fern both are close to done IMO, time waits for nobody. We are in transition for me need a freshen up. Laporte injury 1 man out has ruined us, and the pattern we play.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:36 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Fern is out of contract at the end of the season and Pep has said there's no rush on signing him up again..

Ferna is a MF Pep has made a mistake with that no doubt, with Silva and Fern both are close to done IMO, time waits for nobody. We are in transition for me need a freshen up. Laporte injury 1 man out has ruined us, and the pattern we play.

Agree the main if not the only reason Fern is being wasted at CB is due to his distribution. Pep wants the Laporte crossfield ball out from the back even in Laporte's absence. Says a lot about Otter and Stones who both look finished under Pep and if that is the case we are going to have to find a hell of a lot of money in summer to replace2x CB, as well as Serge, Big Dave and Fern
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Agree the main if not the only reason Fern is being wasted at CB is due to his distribution. Pep wants the Laporte crossfield ball out from the back even in Laporte's absence. Says a lot about Otter and Stones who both look finished under Pep and if that is the case we are going to have to find a hell of a lot of money in summer to replace2x CB, as well as Serge, Big Dave and Fern

Pep builds from the back, we are seeing Edderson booming it forward more, why without Laporte and Zinch we have no pass out of the back unless it is Fern. I fear the worst v Rodgers he will be setting traps for us, like any team with pace. Newcastle caused us issues without the ball and no real legs, Tonight Burnley will hit Wood Chest or thigh we are in trouble, Set plays god help us. We are not working like we did last year, We need Bernardo back in form for his energy as he is a shadow of last seasons player. The miss on Saturday summed up his season so far, he could have taken 5 touches and buried it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 am

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I don't get why its so hard for people on here to understand. Pep will NOT play Stones and Otamendi together if Fernandinho is fit and available. Our record over the last few seasons with them together is terrible and they're the worst partnership we've had when Laporte, Otamendi, Stones, & Kompany have all been fit. And Fernadinho offers the passing range we've lost with Laporte out. Garcia will not play in meaningful minutes because Pep doesn't play the kids in meaningful minutes. Simple.
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:37 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I don't get why its so hard for people on here to understand. Pep will NOT play Stones and Otamendi together if Fernandinho is fit and available. Our record over the last few seasons with them together is terrible and they're the worst partnership we've had when Laporte, Otamendi, Stones, & Kompany have all been fit. And Fernadinho offers the passing range we've lost with Laporte out. Garcia will not play in meaningful minutes because Pep doesn't play the kids in meaningful minutes. Simple.

What are the stats with Otter and Stones?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 am

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

What are the stats with Otter and Stones?

Sorry about the source but there's a good table in this article illustrating the stats

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... gue-title/
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:00 am

Nice one. Need a bit more info really. Like who was the keeper for most of the Otter-Stones matches? If it was Bravo then obviously goals conceded will be high. What teams did we play? Etc
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:51 am

Mase wrote:Nice one. Need a bit more info really. Like who was the keeper for most of the Otter-Stones matches? If it was Bravo then obviously goals conceded will be high. What teams did we play? Etc

Yep, looked at it before and a lot of them games came in Pep's first season when the whole team was struggling to adapt. They'd a great run together at start of 17/18. I do think that neither is a natural leader/organiser though, Otamendi because he's a bit thick and Stones because he's a bit soft.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:Nice one. Need a bit more info really. Like who was the keeper for most of the Otter-Stones matches? If it was Bravo then obviously goals conceded will be high. What teams did we play? Etc

Yep, looked at it before and a lot of them games came in Pep's first season when the whole team was struggling to adapt. They'd a great run together at start of 17/18. I do think that neither is a natural leader/organiser though, Otamendi because he's a bit thick and Stones because he's a bit soft.

Yeah I agree. Stones started well with us from memory. Obviously something is going on privately with him that's causing him not to focus on football. Hopefully he sorts himself out.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:46 pm

Haaland has gone to Dortmund. Thought he was a shoo in at the rags, what with Ole having mentored him at Molde
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:Haaland has gone to Dortmund. Thought he was a shoo in at the rags, what with Ole having mentored him at Molde

i think the ole factor was the decider
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:18 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Haaland has gone to Dortmund. Thought he was a shoo in at the rags, what with Ole having mentored him at Molde

Mad. They even went to the effort of flying out to see him :lol: Munich twats.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:08 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Perhaps his dad had a word.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:27 pm

Good transfer for them and fairly a decent price.

We should had gone for him.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Wooders » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:23 pm

I’d sign Jimenez- putting it out there

Edit - & Nuno probably for that matter
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:30 pm

What are people's thoughts on Lewis Dunk? Ive always liked what Ive seen from him at Brighton. Could be a great partner for Laporte and hes a proper CB
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:54 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Perhaps his dad had a word.

I thought that was a crazy one. Joining the club that ended your dad's career, deliberately?

Never
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:02 pm

Sad to think David is free to leave.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum