***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:33 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:walker contract extended through 2024. ffs did pep even watch him play last season?? does the club realize how old he is???

So when we come to sell him he's not got one year left and we're getting a crap deal most likely.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:walker contract extended through 2024. ffs did pep even watch him play last season?? does the club realize how old he is???

I was one of his biggest critics last season, to be fair he hasn't had rest since the world cup. Hopefully he'll recharge and get going. I was like (sigh) when I heard about the extension, then, thought about it , we could get a good 3 or 4 years if we are lucky out of him. Would you rather go and spend 60m on Boooomownasaka of Palace? Not to mention we need home grown players to meet the criteria
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 pm

It also spreads the remaining depreciation on his original fee over more years giving us a little more to spend, and who knows may move some of his wages to performance based on the later years.

Hard to know if it’s good or bad at this stage, but probably better than getting into that last year wind down scenario.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:It also spreads the remaining depreciation on his original fee over more years giving us a little more to spend, and who knows may move some of his wages to performance based on the later years.

Hard to know if it’s good or bad at this stage, but probably better than getting into that last year wind down scenario.

Excellent point that about the depreciation, hadn’t thought that.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby s1ty m » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 am

He improved as the season went on, I thought. He seems to make daft mistakes but he's better than what we have seen so far. Happy to give him another full season.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby s1ty m » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 am

He improved as the season went on, I thought. He seems to make daft mistakes but he's better than what we have seen so far. Happy to give him another full season.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 am

I think Walker has played well enough in his time with us to be given the benefit of the doubt about his form until after a proper summer rest.

Also seems good for squad harmony and team spirit based on the Amazon documentary and other bits
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:31 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:It also spreads the remaining depreciation on his original fee over more years giving us a little more to spend, and who knows may move some of his wages to performance based on the later years.

How on earth is depreciation spread out ?

You can't retrofit depreciation to published accounts
from years gone by .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:39 am

zuricity wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

from years gone by .

If they sign someone for 20m over 5 years that's 4m a year. After 2 years 8m has been used up so there's 12m to spread over 3 years at 4m a year. If he extends his contract by a year then the 12m will be split over 4 years rather than 3 so it is depreciated at 3m a year instead of 4.

They don't change what went against the first 2 years, just the remaining years of the contract.

Is that how it works?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:20 am

Scatman wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

from years gone by .

If they sign someone for 20m over 5 years that's 4m a year. After 2 years 8m has been used up so there's 12m to spread over 3 years at 4m a year. If he extends his contract by a year then the 12m will be split over 4 years rather than 3 so it is depreciated at 3m a year instead of 4.

They don't change what went against the first 2 years, just the remaining years of the contract.

Is that how it works?

Yep amortisation, in Walker's case this reduces his cost on our books from £10m a year to £6m a year.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby salford city » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:16 am

Now Zinchenko signs an extension until 2024. Mendy had better up his rehabilitation this summer
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 am

Llorente joins Atletico Madrid so everything set now for Rodrigo to City.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:13 pm

blues2win wrote:Llorente joins Atletico Madrid so everything set now for Rodrigo to City.

had to use the google machine for this llorente. at first i thought you were talking about that donkey center forward .
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Outcast wrote:

I was one of his biggest critics last season, to be fair he hasn't had rest since the world cup. Hopefully he'll recharge and get going. I was like (sigh) when I heard about the extension, then, thought about it , we could get a good 3 or 4 years if we are lucky out of him. Would you rather go and spend 60m on Boooomownasaka of Palace? Not to mention we need home grown players to meet the criteria

the home grown thing is a fair point. still, i hope we buy a new #1 RB this summer or next.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:01 am

Hoping these renewed Maguire links are complete bullshit. Probably are, hopefully were just being used as a lever. Just cant see him fitting into a Pep team. We already have one Mangala, thats enough.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:28 am

I agree on Maguire, don't see him in our system at all but if Pep wants him, then he must see something there that he can work with. Could also be a bit of a cheeky way of trying to get the Rags to spunk all their transfer kitty although they seem to be living off their past reputation when trying to off-load their cast-offs at ridiculous prices & I don't see Leicester wanting to swap Maguire for Jones
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am

salford city wrote:I agree on Maguire, don't see him in our system at all but if Pep wants him, then he must see something there that he can work with. Could also be a bit of a cheeky way of trying to get the Rags to spunk all their transfer kitty although they seem to be living off their past reputation when trying to off-load their cast-offs at ridiculous prices & I don't see Leicester wanting to swap Maguire for Jones

this is it for me.
maguire, first and foremost, seems like the kind of character pep likes. he seems to be a very sound bloke - in contrast to all the billy big bollocks over at the swamp.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:43 am

And we might score more than a couple of goals from the million corners we get a season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And we might score more than a couple of goals from the million corners we get a season.

No chance if Dave and Gundogan keep on taking them.
There are more chances of Kate Upson's tits to hit my head in the next hour than us scoring from corners.

Unpopular opinion, but Mahrez should take those.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:00 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And we might score more than a couple of goals from the million corners we get a season.

No chance if Dave and Gundogan keep on taking them.
There are more chances of Kate Upson's tits to hit my head in the next hour than us scoring from corners.

Unpopular opinion, but Mahrez should take those.

I don’t think the corner takers are the issue, particularly not Gundo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum