***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:everton sign moise kean for c.£30m - decent bit of business that.

Reminds me of Caicedo.

Except Kean is better

No chance. Big Phil against Hamburg in 09 - unstoppable!

Just googled him to see where he's at and it looks like he's on his way to Leeds!
Last edited by Mase on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:44 pm

Wolves sign 21 year old forward Patrick Cutrone from Milan for a fee of £16m which could rise to £23m
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nick » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Fuck me dybala for that shit lump. Isnt dybala meant to be good ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Arsenal agree a fee of £72M with Lille for Nicholas Pepe. Doesn’t look like Zaha will go there now, Everton are sniffing round now

You have to admit that this is pretty impressive work on a 40M transfer budget

They get favorable payment terms on that particular transfer.

Paying it over 5 years which is not allowed between prem teams hence no Saha...

Louis Saha is still playing in the Prem?!
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby patrickblue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Arse just paid £72 million for Pepe (TBH, I've never heard of him).

Nice to see everyone else ruining football.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:Wolves sign 21 year old forward Patrick Cutrone from Milan for a fee of £16m which could rise to £23m

This is mental.
What the fuck is happening at Milan? Cutrone is the one of the best italian forwards of the moment.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:51 pm

Villa sign another player, their 12th of the summer taking their spending past £120M.

Certainly the best named player. Marvelous Nakamba is the new guy
nottsblue

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:52 pm

Villa have also signed England goalie Tom Heaton from Burnley for £8M. Decent business that
nottsblue

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:28 pm

PeterParker wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Wolves sign 21 year old forward Patrick Cutrone from Milan for a fee of £16m which could rise to £23m

This is mental.
What the fuck is happening at Milan? Cutrone is the one of the best italian forwards of the moment.

Havent they got Piatek? He was on fire last year
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:32 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

This is mental.

I wonder if Inter fans get pissed off like we used to when United were referred to as "Manchester".
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Morgan Roger's, a new wonder kid. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:23 pm

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

This is mental.

I wonder if Inter fans get pissed off like we used to when United were referred to as "Manchester".

Probably not. Their name is Internazionale. Milan isn’t in their actual name. Inter Milan is so called probably because journalists couldn’t spell Internazionale!
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:42 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

This is mental.

Probably not. Their name is Internazionale. Milan isn’t in their actual name. Inter Milan is so called probably because journalists couldn’t spell Internazionale!

Their name is Football Club Internazionale Milano. I just wondered as we seemed to take it to heart years ago. Both teams are from Milan. Both play in the same stadium.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:52 am

I wonder if Inter fans get pissed off like we used to when United were referred to as "Manchester".[/quote]
Probably not. Their name is Internazionale. Milan isn’t in their actual name. Inter Milan is so called probably because journalists couldn’t spell Internazionale![/quote]

Their name is Football Club Internazionale Milano. I just wondered as we seemed to take it to heart years ago. Both teams are from Milan. Both play in the same stadium.[/quote]

I doubt it mate. A little different in that as far as I know, Inter have always been known as Inter rather than the other knobs who are Milan despite them both playing in the San Siro & being from Milan?? It used to piss us off (me every time I was away), that the red shit were called Manchester abroad because in the main, no-one knew we existed. Remember the old song City, City, nobody knows your name? (to the tune of Rupert the bear - showing my age....) Don't hear this much from the red shit nowadays
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:04 am

We call them Inter and Milan. It would be good to know what Italians refer to the two clubs as.

Anyway, they've fallen away massively over the last few years. What happened to both of them?? They were top European clubs when I was growing up. Why are they so shite now?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:26 am

Mostly about the lack of money in Serie A as opposed to the Premier? Back in the day, Seria A had all the world's finest going back to Maradona at Napoli & Platini at Juve etc & the commercial deals enabled the Italian clubs to spend big on transfers. In recent times, with the Premiership money deals & us & Chelsea being bank-rolled, the times have changed & now the Premiership is the place to be & the Italians cannot compete with that. Look at this summer & note that the Spanish have reacted to England having had all four finalists in last years' Euro competitions, Spain have just had an increased TV deal of about 20% but they are still way off the commercial deals that we have over here.

Never mind that though, just reading on the Beeb that red scouse are on for SEVEN trophies this season........ :D :D :D
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:09 am

Mase wrote:We call them Inter and Milan. It would be good to know what Italians refer to the two clubs as.

Anyway, they've fallen away massively over the last few years. What happened to both of them?? They were top European clubs when I was growing up. Why are they so shite now?

The same ; I met a Milanese gentleman some years back and asked him which of them was his team, and he just replied
"Milano" - no ÄC"or Ïnter", just "Milano"- meaning the mob in Red & Black. Italians call the other lot Ïnter".
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby patrickblue » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:03 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
Mase wrote:We call them Inter and Milan. It would be good to know what Italians refer to the two clubs as.

The same ; I met a Milanese gentleman some years back and asked him which of them was his team, and he just replied
"Milano" - no ÄC"or Ïnter", just "Milano"- meaning the mob in Red & Black. Italians call the other lot Ïnter".

Being an old bugger, I always knew them as AC Milan and Inter Milan.
Probably a British thing though, us calling Johnny Foreigner what we think he should be called, like Lyon being Lyons, and The Netherlands, Holland.

Talking of which, what ever happened to Jonny Foreigner? He changed his name to Socrates, but now seems to have disappeared.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:04 pm

patrickblue wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:

Probably a British thing though, us calling Johnny Foreigner what we think he should be called, like Lyon being Lyons, and The Netherlands, Holland.

Talking of which, what ever happened to Jonny Foreigner? He changed his name to Socrates, but now seems to have disappeared.

Haha talking about Italians and bringing up Socrates :lol: I like your style Patrick!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby fangsanalsatan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:05 pm

patrickblue wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:

At least the British are not as bad as the Germans, who use travesties such as "Arsenal London", "Chelsea London", "Sporting Lissabon" or the most hilarious "Brøndby Kopenhagen" and casually often merely mention the city if they talk about the likes of Juventus ("Turin" is all sorts of wrong), Utd ("Manchester") or Feyenoord ("Rotterdam").
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum