***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:29 pm

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Mase wrote:Stones is scrawny. I think Garcia will be alright :lol:

Well yeah but theres also a large height difference though

Garcia is 6 foot and Stones is a whole 2 inches bigger than him. I doubt that will make a difference.

Thats it? Wow, Garcia looks so much smaller than 6'
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:30 pm

Bild have reports that Bayern could sell Thiago this summer. Pep loves him and hes such a quality player; him + Foden would replace Silva nicely
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:40 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
salford city wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Arteta supposedly wants Stones at Arsenal. Due to our injuries it wont happen in winter but Id be fine with him moving on in the summer. Although that means we'd have to replace Otamendi and Stones in the same window.

We are going to have to replace both of these CBs anyway. Stones cannot stay fit to get a run of games and Otter should make way for Garcia. That said, I think we will see Fern given another 12 months and remain at CB and us look to buy an additional CB

I saw something online—take that for what you will—that the club are worried about Garcia as a long-term CB at the club because of the physicality of the league. He's so diminutive that he might not be fit for the premier league. Small players (like our two Silvas) are fine in midfield or even like Sergio up top but at CB in the PL? i dont know.

There is a good article about him in the athletic. In an interview he says hes the same height as cannavaro and puyol (and only an inch shorter then Otter!) so hes not concerned about his height as a central defender, he just needs to use his positioning and brain to give himself an advantage.

Hes also already doing his coaching badges and takes training sessions for the U11s. I bet Pep absolutely adores him, seems intelligent and articulate and a hell of a player. Future superstar
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:53 am

Nickyboy wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
salford city wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Arteta supposedly wants Stones at Arsenal. Due to our injuries it wont happen in winter but Id be fine with him moving on in the summer. Although that means we'd have to replace Otamendi and Stones in the same window.

We are going to have to replace both of these CBs anyway. Stones cannot stay fit to get a run of games and Otter should make way for Garcia. That said, I think we will see Fern given another 12 months and remain at CB and us look to buy an additional CB

I saw something online—take that for what you will—that the club are worried about Garcia as a long-term CB at the club because of the physicality of the league. He's so diminutive that he might not be fit for the premier league. Small players (like our two Silvas) are fine in midfield or even like Sergio up top but at CB in the PL? i dont know.

There is a good article about him in the athletic. In an interview he says hes the same height as cannavaro and puyol (and only an inch shorter then Otter!) so hes not concerned about his height as a central defender, he just needs to use his positioning and brain to give himself an advantage.

Hes also already doing his coaching badges and takes training sessions for the U11s. I bet Pep absolutely adores him, seems intelligent and articulate and a hell of a player. Future superstar

He's about 8 inches off Otter in length.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:06 am

Mase wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
salford city wrote:

He's about 8 inches off Otter in length.

What about girth?
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:50 pm

Haalands debut for Dortmund, first touch goal.

Bargain
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:00 pm

A double now.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:09 pm

Hattrick in 15 minutes.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:10 pm

PeterParker wrote:Hattrick in 15 minutes.

We don't go in for any decent young kids like him or Mbappe. We end up with Patrick Roberts.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Hattrick in 15 minutes.

We don't go in for any decent young kids like him or Mbappe. We end up with Patrick Roberts.

Really fucked when you think that actually we had someone to put a good word for us in his case. I guess he isn't a Pep player.
A striker that actually scores a shit load of goals.

Bleah.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Young Alf(Erling) scored a hat trick at bvb today. 17 mill they paid for him.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:29 am

I would be inclined to get the bodies in place if possible players in January, the longer they have to settle in the better. Plan for next season. With a Euros it will be a mess for pre-seaso we are wasting a window.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:09 am

They reckon we're in for this Bruno Fernandes now.

Most likely bullshit to push his price up for the rags.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:15 pm

Mase wrote:They reckon we're in for this Bruno Fernandes now.

We need a reboot now, sitting there Saturday as soon as KDB hit the bar, the lad next to me, went this will go belly up now. OK we threw it away last min, but it happened again as he expected 1v1 counter and it ends up in our net FFS. So we need if possible at all to get the squad ready for next year, sooner rather than later. Foden lack of mins is pissing me off, Defending is not the strong pont of any defender bar Otter who is in the last throes of his time here. OH and some of the lack of a tackle from Cancelo, KDB in front of the East stand last 10 was a joke. Not here to dig in but it needs saying we are a soft touch at times and Palace with 2 or 3 ok chances take 2.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

We need a reboot now, sitting there Saturday as soon as KDB hit the bar, the lad next to me, went this will go belly up now. OK we threw it away last min, but it happened again as he expected 1v1 counter and it ends up in our net FFS. So we need if possible at all to get the squad ready for next year, sooner rather than later. Foden lack of mins is pissing me off, Defending is not the strong pont of any defender bar Otter who is in the last throes of his time here. OH and some of the lack of a tackle from Cancelo, KDB in front of the East stand last 10 was a joke. Not here to dig in but it needs saying we are a soft touch at times and Palace with 2 or 3 ok chances take 2.

Let's hope that we have done any business that we have lined up for the summer in advance with the distraction of the Euro's as if not, we will be stuck with trying to bed in new recruits at the start of the season. Seeing the obvious holes that we have, we have to have this sorted sooner rather than later.
Re Hazy, completely agree that we are a soft touch & have been for some time now. OK if teams want to go toe to toe with a passing game against us as we will tear most apart, but for the rest who can defend, we are fucked & totally lack bottle in the main. Like to think that Pep will now stop fucking about with the formation & get a settled side playing regularly ahead of the two Madrid games - fuck everything else just sort the back-line out now & fucking stick with it. Palace had 3 chances & scored twice. Madrid or most of whose left will put all those away and so lets concentrate on not giving those chances up
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:04 pm

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Let's hope that we have done any business that we have lined up for the summer in advance with the distraction of the Euro's as if not, we will be stuck with trying to bed in new recruits at the start of the season. Seeing the obvious holes that we have, we have to have this sorted sooner rather than later.
Re Hazy, completely agree that we are a soft touch & have been for some time now. OK if teams want to go toe to toe with a passing game against us as we will tear most apart, but for the rest who can defend, we are fucked & totally lack bottle in the main. Like to think that Pep will now stop fucking about with the formation & get a settled side playing regularly ahead of the two Madrid games - fuck everything else just sort the back-line out now & fucking stick with it. Palace had 3 chances & scored twice. Madrid or most of whose left will put all those away and so lets concentrate on not giving those chances up

I screamed foul the cunt, FFS as soon as Stones backed off, and Pep can say what he wants, to defend Stones I respect it, the same as I respect Ramos, Puyol, Carvalho Siva at PSG all a class above anything we have ever had, if he has to go with a clatter trip, body check its done, TEAM 1st we win 2-1 move -on. Ramos will be all over Sergio like a rash, why it is his fucking job to stop him. As Pep full well knows they want to batter Pepelona. To win it you need the dark arts, we need to get clued up.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Throw £ mill at Ericsson good player
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 am

Hazy2 wrote:Throw £ mill at Ericsson good player

Didn't he turn us down last time? Cannot stand this cnut comes across as a tool, running his contract down for a bigger signing on fee?
No from me much better players out thete
salford city

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:45 am

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Throw £ mill at Ericsson good player

Didn't he turn us down last time? Cannot stand this cnut comes across as a tool, running his contract down for a bigger signing on fee?
No from me much better players out thete

Still one of the best MF in the prem and young enough, to be a bargain. Never heard anything bad about him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:04 am

Decent enough player but I dint think we are interested. We have far bigger gaps to fill like LB, CB and striker that's got to be a couple hundred million
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum