***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby PrezIke » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:18 am

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-trans ... ar-sources

Man City close in on Saul Niguez after edging past Barcelona for Atletico Madrid star - sources
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:25 am

City64 wrote:Strong rumours out of Leicester City defender Ben Chillwell to us is a done deal .

This kid looks like a Pep wing-back great going forward but dog shit defending. May work if we get the kid from Athletico. Can't say that I've been impressed with Chilwell- over-rated and over-priced for me
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:28 am

I've rated him as footballing defender from the first time I saw him.
I wish we'd bought him before his price rocketed.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:33 am

Watched Chillwell recently and he was awful. Why can't we just sign a decent left back?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:38 pm

I have always likes Ward Prowse, like Maddison at Leicester, Grealish at Villa is going to be top draw, arrogant but he gives it and takes it. A fit Mendy all day for me.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Hazy2 wrote:I have always likes Ward Prowse, like Maddison at Leicester, Grealish at Villa is going to be top draw, arrogant but he gives it and takes it. A fit Mendy all day for me.

No doubting Mendy's ability when we can get him on the pitch. He was our first choice for that position but we would be foolish not to take a cover for him in the summer so I imagine that is what we will do. May be a fire sale at Southampton if they go down so perhaps Ward-Prowse as a cheaper alternative to Chilwell?
salford city

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Hazy2 wrote:I have always likes Ward Prowse, like Maddison at Leicester, Grealish at Villa is going to be top draw, arrogant but he gives it and takes it. A fit Mendy all day for me.

we don’t shop at lidl these days though
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:29 pm

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:I have always likes Ward Prowse, like Maddison at Leicester, Grealish at Villa is going to be top draw, arrogant but he gives it and takes it. A fit Mendy all dayfor me.

No doubting Mendy's ability when we can get him on the pitch. He was our first choice for that position but we would be foolish not to take a cover for him in the summer so I imagine that is what we will do. May be a fire sale at Southampton if they go down so perhaps Ward-Prowse as a cheaper alternative to Chilwell?

A fit Mendy for 3 months would be an improvement.

Next season, I think Pep is more likely to look upon Mendy as cover for whoever we sign .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Wooders » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:23 pm

You expect Mendy to stay fit for an entire day?
You need to lower your expectations mate
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Outcast » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:11 am

Is it just me who thinks Zinchenko should be no 1 or at least no 2 for left back? At first, I had my doubts, he's improved in leaps and bounds; his tackling, positioning and forward runs. He's desire is unrivalled, his teamwork ethics is second to none. Do we need to go splash £50m? Is Walker any better than Zinc? He's still young and developing very well in this role. However, if we are talking about replacing Mendy, that's a different story. I dont think Zinc will fade away like Delph, I believe he'll keep improving season after season.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:02 am

Outcast wrote:Is it just me who thinks Zinchenko should be no 1 or at least no 2 for left back? At first, I had my doubts, he's improved in leaps and bounds; his tackling, positioning and forward runs. He's desire is unrivalled, his teamwork ethics is second to none. Do we need to go splash £50m? Is Walker any better than Zinc? He's still young and developing very well in this role. However, if we are talking about replacing Mendy, that's a different story. I dont think Zinc will fade away like Delph, I believe he'll keep improving season after season.

I'm tempted to agree with you ; if he maintains or continues to improve his form from now till end of season , then it's a yes from me.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby mr_nool » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:56 am

Outcast wrote:Is it just me who thinks Zinchenko should be no 1 or at least no 2 for left back? At first, I had my doubts, he's improved in leaps and bounds; his tackling, positioning and forward runs. He's desire is unrivalled, his teamwork ethics is second to none. Do we need to go splash £50m? Is Walker any better than Zinc? He's still young and developing very well in this role. However, if we are talking about replacing Mendy, that's a different story. I dont think Zinc will fade away like Delph, I believe he'll keep improving season after season.

I absolutely love the lad, but I still wouldn't trust him against top opposition in the CL or against Liverpool. That display against Chelsea almost convinced me otherwise, though.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:16 am

mr_nool wrote:

I absolutely love the lad, but I still wouldn't trust him against top opposition in the CL or against Liverpool. That display against Chelsea almost convinced me otherwise, though.

Good enough to be a deputy. Not good enough to be the first choice. Yet. Suspect the lack of pace will hold him back in that regard. But if he is to be our number two, then that probably signals time on Mendys stay with us as he can’t be relied upon to stay injury free.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:31 am

nottsblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Good enough to be a deputy. Not good enough to be the first choice. Yet. Suspect the lack of pace will hold him back in that regard. But if he is to be our number two, then that probably signals time on Mendys stay with us as he can’t be relied upon to stay injury free.

Problem may be his desire to play at LB as his position, he has done an amazing job there but he sees himself as a creative player and plays CM for his country. Can't see him staying at LB tbh
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:35 am

Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Problem may be his desire to play at LB as his position, he has done an amazing job there but he sees himself as a creative player and plays CM for his country. Can't see him staying at LB tbh

perfect squad player in every respect. hope he’s with us for a very long time. a cracking example to the young lads coming through.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby salford city » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:51 am

Agree with both WW and NT above posts. Perfect example to the younger players cannot fault his attitude and work-rate. It's telling that D.Silva looks to him so often when he is at left back. Was up for every header against gypo Carroll in the hammers game as well recently. It will come down to him being prepared to play out of position in a team looking to dominate Europe or play in his favored position in a mediocre team ala Milner
salford city

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:23 am

He also seems like he'd headbutt a brick wall for us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm

zaba never much pace either and he did alright for us.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:21 pm

Bayern sign Atletico Madrid LB/CB Lucas Hernandez for 80m euros. He's pretty good but that fee (his release clause) is crazy. Bayern hardly spent last summer so you had to know they'd go big this summer especially given the age of their squad and their "struggles" this season.
Saul Goodman

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:38 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Bayern sign Atletico Madrid LB/CB Lucas Hernandez for 80m euros. He's pretty good but that fee (his release clause) is crazy. Bayern hardly spent last summer so you had to know they'd go big this summer especially given the age of their squad and their "struggles" this season.

And that cunt in charge there has the gall to criticise us. Hope Dortmund win the Bundesliga
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum