***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 20, 2018 4:18 pm

How about just Hazard for Zinch, Isco for Gundo, Zaha for Delph and Jorginho for Yaya - with Angelino brought over for left back cover? https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/04/03/ma ... -for-city/
De Ligt could come in too if Vinny is appointed the new player/coach.
£300m should do it :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Sun May 20, 2018 4:52 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Im pretty certain we will play 3-5-2 much more often next season.

hope not. that formation doesnt compensate KDB, Silva, Fern, Sane, Sterling & Aguero. one misses out....and Sane is NOT a wing-back

---------------------------Ederson---------------------------------
----------Stones-------Fernandinho--------Laporte-----------
Walker ---------De Bruyne--------Silva-------------Mendy
--------------Sterling--------Aguero-----Sane-----------------

Hey Presto accommodation accomplished but as a 3-4-3 :D
(or you could just bring Fern forward and play the wingbacks as fullbacks in a 4-3-3 - Pep's preferred formation)

well, yeah, if we drop Fern like that then yes. however, Noolie was mentioning 3-5-2 in reference to 3 actual CBs which is why i mentioned not being able to compensate all of the players i listed. if we "cheat" and drop Fern then yes we can.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 20, 2018 5:25 pm

phips wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:

hope not. that formation doesnt compensate KDB, Silva, Fern, Sane, Sterling & Aguero. one misses out....and Sane is NOT a wing-back

(or you could just bring Fern forward and play the wingbacks as fullbacks in a 4-3-3 - Pep's preferred formation)

well, yeah, if we drop Fern like that then yes. however, Noolie was mentioning 3-5-2 in reference to 3 actual CBs which is why i mentioned not being able to compensate all of the players i listed. if we "cheat" and drop Fern then yes we can.

Invincible logic there phips and an unyielding concept of an 'actual' CB to boot. Fascinating stuff ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun May 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Fern is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. Absolutely no chance he's getting dropped.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Fuck 3-5-2.

Never liked it. 4-3-3.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 20, 2018 6:16 pm

phips wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:

We started this season with 3-5-2 until Mendy got injured, soni think it's reasonable to assume that we will try it again now that he's fit. It will lead to casualties further up the pitch, especially on the wings, but I think it's great that we can mix and match.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Once we have brought in a couple more players we will have all we need to change the team and system whenever we want. I see games where 2 strikers player and we crucify teams especially if Aguero really has got past his niggling knee problem.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Sun May 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Mase wrote:Fern is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. Absolutely no chance he's getting dropped.

Next season I’m not so sure about that, mate.

Pep may adore Fern but will want to phase him out. The man is 33. Yes, he’s in incredible shape and we know what he offers but we cannot rely on him so heavily going forward. Silva is also going to play less for the same reasons.

I suspect that’s what Pep is thinking.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Sun May 20, 2018 9:16 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:Fern is one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. Absolutely no chance he's getting dropped.

Pep may adore Fern but will want to phase him out. The man is 33. Yes, he’s in incredible shape and we know what he offers but we cannot rely on him so heavily going forward. Silva is also going to play less for the same reasons.

What's happened this season to make you think that mate? We may as well say "one day we won't be able to rely on Kev"
Last edited by Mase on Mon May 21, 2018 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun May 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Little off track, but Wilshere is on a free. Decent player in a position we’ve not got fantastic depth in. If his injury problems are in the past I think he’s the sort of cunt we need as back up for fern.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun May 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

What's happened this season to make you think that mate? We may as well say "one say we won't be able to rely on Kev"

Pep has already said Merlin will play less next season, logic says Fern will as well due to age but we just use the full squad in different ways and hopefully dont get too many injuries.

Pep has already shown he likes Gundo and will use him to sit in the middle but it does seem he will recruit for that role anyway. My big questions are around Foden and Diaz and wondering if they will get involved a bit more regularly and whether any of our loans might come back and stay
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

What's happened this season to make you think that mate? We may as well say "one say we won't be able to rely on Kev"

Pep has already said Merlin will play less next season, logic says Fern will as well due to age but we just use the full squad in different ways and hopefully dont get too many injuries.

Pep has already shown he likes Gundo and will use him to sit in the middle but it does seem he will recruit for that role anyway. My big questions are around Foden and Diaz and wondering if they will get involved a bit more regularly and whether any of our loans might come back and stay

We might as well sell Silva then if Pep has said that. How can he play any less when he was missing for most of Christmas?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 21, 2018 6:52 am

Khaldoon - he say - we buy mega stars :D :D :D :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dick dastardley » Mon May 21, 2018 7:44 am

i think a backup to fern which is why were in for one, and id like to see a striker come to ease the burden on serg and jesus, i would be happy if we waded in big on two world class players in those positions.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 21, 2018 8:20 am

dick dastardley wrote:i think a backup to fern which is why were in for one, ..., i would be happy if we waded in big on two world class players in those positions.

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Mon May 21, 2018 8:27 am

Slim wrote:Little off track, but Wilshere is on a free. Decent player in a position we’ve not got fantastic depth in. If his injury problems are in the past I think he’s the sort of cunt we need as back up for fern.

a 'Little off track' ?

Way off track Slim, he's a whining toadie that deserves the Arse. Thinks he is better than he actuall is and would probably be a trouble causer in the squad , likes his ciggies does Little Jack , he's gone past the magical 23 years of age too (26).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 21, 2018 10:15 am

zuricity wrote:
Slim wrote:Little off track, but Wilshere is on a free. Decent player in a position we’ve not got fantastic depth in. If his injury problems are in the past I think he’s the sort of cunt we need as back up for fern.

a 'Little off track' ?

Way off track Slim, he's a whining toadie that deserves the Arse. Thinks he is better than he actuall is and would probably be a trouble causer in the squad , likes his ciggies does Little Jack , he's gone past the magical 23 years of age too (26).

I really can't get pass this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JoR3YRl8VU

fuck the little cunt.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am

PeterParker wrote:
zuricity wrote:

a 'Little off track' ?

I really can't get pass this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JoR3YRl8VU

fuck the little cunt.

that happened right in front of me, he was arguing with Zabba about who's ball it was when it went out of play, and getting pretty wound up. So of course we were all taking the piss with "just because you're losing" and "toys out of the pram" when he did the finger.

TBH, that was quite funny, and when he got fined by the FA, I thought he was a bit hard done by.

But then a few weeks later, the silly little twat said to the press that we were going on about his kid, and that's why he did the finger. As I say, I was right in the middle of it, and it was just good humoured piss taking about him sulking, no malice at all. I don't think anyone knew he had any kids.
So, yes fuck the little cunt.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mase wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

I do wonder if Brahim will be loaned out (Girona?) next season to get regular game time. I believe he's 1 year older than Foden, no? I think Foden will stay to compete and increase his minutes and also to appease the fans who I think will go mad if we do that to him next season.

I am also wondering what Pep will do with Gundo. The rumours about selling are interesting. Is he really up for the task to replace Silva or Fern? I am a supporter but he has been a bit inconsistent, and I can see Bernardo getting some game time alongside Kev. If we sign Jorginho and someone like Mahrez then were does that leave Ilkay? Rotation at best, again.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Mon May 21, 2018 7:06 pm

PrezIke wrote:I am also wondering what Pep will do with Gundo. The rumours about selling are interesting. Is he really up for the task to replace Silva or Fern? I am a supporter but he has been a bit inconsistent, and I can see Bernardo getting some game time alongside Kev. If we sign Jorginho and someone like Mahrez then were does that leave Ilkay? Rotation at best, again.

I'm not worried if we sell him, he's been very inconsistent and his finishing is almost always lacking. Some good performances, but too often gets found wanting when theres a goal to be scored or tackle to be made. Bernardo is 2x the player.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum