***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:12 am

Hazy2 wrote:
salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Throw £ mill at Ericsson good player

Didn't he turn us down last time? Cannot stand this cnut comes across as a tool, running his contract down for a bigger signing on fee?
No from me much better players out thete

Still one of the best MF in the prem and young enough, to be a bargain. Never heard anything bad about him.

Not for me. Other areas need reinforcements before attacking midfield. Good player of that there’s no question. But his age is against him in the respect there wouldn’t be much resale value. I myself wouldn’t hold it against him for running his contract down. Maybe he wanted to leave last summer and Levy blocked it? You never know the ins and outs of the inner workings of a club and it’s players.

A centre back and left back and striker are needed before attacking midfield IMO.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:48 pm

27 yrs old and we lose David, in 4 months, seems crazy he is up for less than 20 mill. The lad from Portugal could be another Bernado but 89 mill...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Hazy2 wrote:27 yrs old and we lose David, in 4 months, seems crazy he is up for less than 20 mill. The lad from Portugal could be another Bernado but 89 mill...

Might only be a £20M transfer fee but he will be expecting a £15/20M signing on fee as well i shouldn't wonder
nottsblue

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:24 pm

My take is in the past 10 yrs we have been fleeced with Garcia, Rodwell, Bony, a player at 27 of his proven class is only stiffening a squad about to be even more shallow, i AGREE other areas now, but we will not sign anyone NOW, so a player of this class 15 mill 15 in his bin is still cheaper than the shite we saw trying to replace De Jong when we would not give him the increase.Like Barry and Milner he is proven and sees a pass to Sergio, which to get another great season or possible 2 out of we will need a passer, watch how Kane struggles without him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:24 pm

I can't forget when Eriksen refused us because we were not at his level.
He went there and won fuckall.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Hazy2 wrote:My take is in the past 10 yrs we have been fleeced with Garcia, Rodwell, Bony, a player at 27 of his proven class is only stiffening a squad about to be even more shallow, i AGREE other areas now, but we will not sign anyone NOW, so a player of this class 15 mill 15 in his bin is still cheaper than the shite we saw trying to replace De Jong when we would not give him the increase.Like Barry and Milner he is proven and sees a pass to Sergio, which to get another great season or possible 2 out of we will need a passer, watch how Kane struggles without him.

That is a fair assessment Hazy. In the scheme of things he is cheap. I think he wants to go abroad though
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:36 am

I see were about to lose another kid, this time to Leeds. Anyone got any info on him?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 am

Mase wrote:I see were about to lose another kid, this time to Leeds. Anyone got any info on him?

He's been on the fringes of the first team the last couple of years, got a chance in the League Cup last season, didn't impress.

Saw him a few times in the UEFA youth league, technically very gifted but from what I saw can go from wowing to anonymous in the blink of an eye.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:51 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:I see were about to lose another kid, this time to Leeds. Anyone got any info on him?

He's been on the fringes of the first team the last couple of years, got a chance in the League Cup last season, didn't impress.

Saw him a few times in the UEFA youth league, technically very gifted but from what I saw can go from wowing to anonymous in the blink of an eye.

Sounds like a few are like that. Apparently we're adding a buy back clause so that should cover us.

I think if we add those clauses in, it's actually not a bad idea to let some of them go.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:55 am

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Sounds like a few are like that. Apparently we're adding a buy back clause so that should cover us.

I think if we add those clauses in, it's actually not a bad idea to let some of them go.

Agree, it's better than loaning them, they're generally just used as cover when they're on loan and it hinders their development. This way there's a better chance they'll be at their new club long term so manager is more inclined to use them.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:30 am

Watched Dortmund last night, Sancho - Tick Haaland Tick We need game changers, they are what we need quick aggressive and want to score goals.It might go against Peps model, but we need to think about matching the scousers for energy, threat and desire.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:05 am

Hazy2 wrote:Watched Dortmund last night, Sancho - Tick Haaland Tick We need game changers, they are what we need quick aggressive and want to score goals.It might go against Peps model, but we need to think about matching the scousers for energy, threat and desire.

I said it and said it, I am amazed why we didn't have a go for young Alf.
I understand the fucker Mino Raiola is involved, but still.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:18 am

Hazy2 wrote:Watched Dortmund last night, Sancho - Tick Haaland Tick We need game changers, they are what we need quick aggressive and want to score goals.It might go against Peps model, but we need to think about matching the scousers for energy, threat and desire.

We've got game changers. Pep usually waits too long to bring them on to change it.
Last edited by Mase on Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:20 am

Mase wrote:

We've got game changers. Pep usually waits to long to bring them on to change it.

Can you imagine Foden in that Dortmund side ?....In fact can you imagine Foden in the Man City side ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

We've got game changers. Pep usually waits to long to bring them on to change it.

Can you imagine Foden in that Dortmund side ?....In fact can you imagine Foden in the Man City side ?

Foden wouldn't look out of place in most top teams imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:35 pm

Haaland has 5 goals in 2 games for Dortmund. His second goal last night was ridiculous!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:24 pm

I am not giddy about the 5 goals in 2 games, they are like Wolves players full of bring it Ion fuck Van Dyk and Roberton make them defend not start attacks whilst jogging about. Love David but he Gundo will not out - work them you can get at them but you need the right players. Barca got smashed playing like us, pretty but out run , you need to scare them with pace and menace, against a tam with one plan,
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Hazy2 wrote:I am not giddy about the 5 goals in 2 games, they are like Wolves players full of bring it Ion fuck Van Dyk and Roberton make them defend not start attacks whilst jogging about. Love David but he Gundo will not out - work them you can get at them but you need the right players. Barca got smashed playing like us, pretty but out run , you need to scare them with pace and menace, against a tam with one plan,

The thing is he doesn't miss a sitter, while Gabby needs 6 to score one.
At the moment, the defences are terrified of him. I can't imagine when a defence was worried they are facing Gabriel Jesus.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Blue Philistine » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Fuck it. Haaland release clause in summer (around £51m apparently) and tap up Traore, just turned 24 and scares the fuck out of defenders. If Leroy goes we won't have much in the way of true top-end attacking pace. Dynamism will be required from our style of play, not just manipulating space with positional play, operating with fast acceleration and quick passing in tight spaces. We shouldn't need 20+ chances to score 1 or 2, and that Haaland is a goal machine.
Blue Philistine
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Witton Albion
My favourite player is: Bernie Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:02 pm

Blue Philistine wrote:Fuck it. Haaland release clause in summer (around £51m apparently) and tap up Traore, just turned 24 and scares the fuck out of defenders. If Leroy goes we won't have much in the way of true top-end attacking pace. Dynamism will be required from our style of play, not just manipulating space with positional play, operating with fast acceleration and quick passing in tight spaces. We shouldn't need 20+ chances to score 1 or 2, and that Haaland is a goal machine.

Traore is a modern day Darren Huckerby.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum