***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:37 am

Stevie Ireland released by Stoke - wonder where he'll end up this time
Image
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:40 am

johnny crossan wrote:Stevie Ireland released by Stoke - wonder where he'll end up this time
Image


Needs to drop down to the Championship imo to revive his career. I think it'd be a good move back to Villa.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17486
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby littlebig » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Something not right with Stevie. Such a waste of talent
User avatar
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Liverpool have basically wrapped up a deal for Nabil Fekir for ~50M


Except deal now with complications due to failing his medical.

Had ACL surgery apparently in 2015 and knee issues this season as well.
Image
Man not Machine? | Yaya Strikes Back
User avatar
PrezIke
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5163
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:18 pm

littlebig wrote:Something not right with Stevie. Such a waste of talent


Give him a fucking break. The guy lost both his grannies in one day. Ffs.
Something could get pretty rotten in the state of Swampland. . . it could just turn out even better than a particularly gory episode of "I, Claudius".
The only thing more entertaining will be our football..
User avatar
Original Dub
Joe Corrigan's Gloves
 
Posts: 16956
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:
littlebig wrote:Something not right with Stevie. Such a waste of talent


Give him a fucking break. The guy lost both his grannies in one day. Ffs.


I think he lost the same one twice bless him.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17486
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Liverpool have basically wrapped up a deal for Nabil Fekir for ~50M

This deal has fallen through. He looks a top player.
South Stand Balti
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby The Maine Man » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Original Dub wrote:
littlebig wrote:Something not right with Stevie. Such a waste of talent


Give him a fucking break. The guy lost both his grannies in one day. Ffs.


Are you getting confused with Mr Rooney?
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 pm
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:41 pm

The Maine Man wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
littlebig wrote:Something not right with Stevie. Such a waste of talent


Give him a fucking break. The guy lost both his grannies in one day. Ffs.


Are you getting confused with Mr Rooney?

Shrek just fucks grannies. Not sure he fucks dead ones, though who knows.
nottsblue
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13862
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:34 pm

Dippers seem to have pulled out of the Fekir deal - dodgy knee not mentioned - how very obliging of the Toxteth taproom barman McNulty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44425961
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:56 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Dippers seem to have pulled out of the Fekir deal - dodgy knee not mentioned - how very obliging of the Toxteth taproom barman McNulty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44425961

Interesting that the Beeb quote the £44m transfer of Fabhino as £39m. It seems the add ons don't count for the dippers. I wonder how often the Beeb quote our Sterling transfer at £44m. Rumours that Fekir wanted a release clause inserting for any future offers from the European Big five. I don't blame the dippers for swerving that one.
South Stand Balti
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Outcast » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:09 am

Typical dippers just cant get over the final hurdle :lol:
Their latest transfer set back works in our favour, they were gaining momentum and the media jerking with hysteria over their prospects. I'm in two minds whether we need a marquee signing or solid players to compliment our squad. I reckon Sane, Bubble gum Silva, Laporte, Mendy, Stones bar injuries will shine in our new campaign
Outcast
Danny Mills' Wages
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:33 pm
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby The Maine Man » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:19 pm

I agree with all of those yet to make a full impact but we still need one more top class striker. Mbappe or Kane would do well for my money.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:59 pm
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby phips » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 pm

The Maine Man wrote:I agree with all of those yet to make a full impact but we still need one more top class striker. Mbappe or Kane would do well for my money.

yeah, because Kane is a realistic target...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: California
Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:03 pm

phips wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:I agree with all of those yet to make a full impact but we still need one more top class striker. Mbappe or Kane would do well for my money.

yeah, because Kane is a realistic target...


Why don't you think he's realistic mate?
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17486
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:07 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Dippers seem to have pulled out of the Fekir deal - dodgy knee not mentioned - how very obliging of the Toxteth taproom barman McNulty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44425961


Funny as Lyon saying they’ve pulled out of the deal.
Image
Man not Machine? | Yaya Strikes Back
User avatar
PrezIke
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5163
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Image
Man not Machine? | Yaya Strikes Back
User avatar
PrezIke
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5163
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:I agree with all of those yet to make a full impact but we still need one more top class striker. Mbappe or Kane would do well for my money.

yeah, because Kane is a realistic target...


Why don't you think he's realistic mate?

I am in agreement with Phips here. He is a Tottenham lad through and through. I just don’t think he’d uproot his young family and move to another English club out of the capital. Also having just signed a very lucrative long term contract means Levy can play the hardest of hardball regarding the fee.

Mbappe on the other is more of a goer. Assuming they have to sell either him or Neymar to meet their FFP obligations. The figures being bandied about for Neymar, in excess of £300M, means he could well be priced out of a move. Suspect neither will arrive however.

As it goes, I think Sterling will play in a more central role in the next few years.
nottsblue
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13862
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
phips wrote:
The Maine Man wrote:I agree with all of those yet to make a full impact but we still need one more top class striker. Mbappe or Kane would do well for my money.

yeah, because Kane is a realistic target...


Why don't you think he's realistic mate?

I am in agreement with Phips here. He is a Tottenham lad through and through. I just don’t think he’d uproot his young family and move to another English club out of the capital. Also having just signed a very lucrative long term contract means Levy can play the hardest of hardball regarding the fee.

Mbappe on the other is more of a goer. Assuming they have to sell either him or Neymar to meet their FFP obligations. The figures being bandied about for Neymar, in excess of £300M, means he could well be priced out of a move. Suspect neither will arrive however.

As it goes, I think Sterling will play in a more central role in the next few years.


Image

If you gave someone like Mark Noble the chance to move to a team and win something I can guarantee he would. He's West Ham through and through. There comes a point where you have to listen to your head rather than your heart.
Last edited by Mase on Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17486
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:43 pm

I don't think we'll go for him btw, I just think that no one is untouchable. If you'd said two years ago Neymar would have left the best team in the world I wouldn't have believed you.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17486
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 41 guests