***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Outcast » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:01 pm

City64 wrote:Rumours tonight City are in for a striker this weekend before window closes .......

After your Mendy rumour, you're not getting my hopes up again ..

Never....
Never....
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:20 pm

And other news ..........

LFC have covid
Mane positive out for 2 weeks .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:57 pm

City64 wrote:And other news ..........

LFC have covid

Prem will be cancelled now. Guarantee it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:22 pm

LFC have covid

Thought you didn't acknowledge COVID as an actual thing? Just an inconvenience to your lifestyle made up by the government......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:25 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

LFC have covid

Thought you didn't acknowledge COVID as an actual thing? Just an inconvenience to your lifestyle made up by the government......

WTF you on ?
Get a cup of cocoa and go to to bed !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:38 am

Callum Hudson To Bayern I wonder is Sane done.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:39 am

Hazy2 wrote:Callum Hudson To Bayern I wonder is Sane done.

Most likely.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 am

Outcast wrote:
City64 wrote:Rumours tonight City are in for a striker this weekend before window closes .......

After your Mendy rumour, you're not getting my hopes up again ..

Never....
Never....

:lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:43 am

We need a top class left back, not a striker.
As injured as they are, they are still around, but on the left we have a player that is not a left back and a fella who is not a footballer.
And every team in Europe knows that.
Except us.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:05 am

PeterParker wrote:We need a top class left back, not a striker.
As injured as they are, they are still around, but on the left we have a player that is not a left back and a fella who is not a footballer.
Except us.

Much as I agree we need a better left back than Bendy, the fact remains he is staying on the payroll and there is the opportunity to make Ake first choice when Dias & Laporte are both fit. We know Pep does not start a back 3 if he can help it. Cancelo & Zinchenko are back ups too, so I think until we lose Mendy we won't be signing another left back. Even with Zinch staying though we still have another slot provided Carson isn't in the CL squad - I would prefer a midfielder - eg Aouar even though Doyle & Palmer are looking promising - but another striker may be the way to go this window.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:30 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Except us.

Much as I agree we need a better left back than Bendy, the fact remains he is staying on the payroll and there is the opportunity to make Ake first choice when Dias & Laporte are both fit. We know Pep does not start a back 3 if he can help it. Cancelo & Zinchenko are back ups too, so I think until we lose Mendy we won't be signing another left back. Even with Zinch staying though we still have another slot provided Carson isn't in the CL squad - I would prefer a midfielder - eg Aouar even though Doyle & Palmer are looking promising - but another striker may be the way to go this window.

I don't want another experiment there, mate.
I remember Laporte being there and how that ended up for us. I want Ake to play what he knows, not something else.

It seems the left back it's an experiment for three years now: Delph, Zinch, last year Cancedo.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:45 am

PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Except us.

I remember Laporte being there and how that ended up for us. I want Ake to play what he knows, not something else.

It seems the left back it's an experiment for three years now: Delph, Zinch, last year Cancedo.

PePs biggest downfall is when he tries to be clever and invent a new position for a player who does not play well there , thus making that player look a cunt.
We slagged the likes of Zinchenko for playing badly in that position that's Baldies fault for putting them there - deep down they must resent him for putting them in a position to be slagged off , mud sticks.

I don't know how fuckign difficult it is to buy a decent fucking left back ffs!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:52 am

This Wilfy Zaha lad could be handy or even Cavani
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:08 pm

PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Except us.

The last time Laporte played left back for us we beat Liverpool.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wooders » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:17 pm

We definitely should have challenged Chelsea for chilwell
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:26 pm

Need a forward?

Could do far worse than get the lad Calvert-Lewin from Everton. Shoots with either foot, heads the ball well, can lead the line and can play out wide. Very mobile and is quick as well. Would cost a pretty penny but any decent forward comes with a premium, especially a young English one.

I’d take him in a flash
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:Need a forward?

Could do far worse than get the lad Calvert-Lewin from Everton. Shoots with either foot, heads the ball well, can lead the line and can play out wide. Very mobile and is quick as well. Would cost a pretty penny but any decent forward comes with a premium, especially a young English one.

I’d take him in a flash

Similar to Ings last season - every new season throws up a randomer that does well. Bony was once that guy mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Except us.

PePs biggest downfall is when he tries to be clever and invent a new position for a player who does not play well there , thus making that player look a cunt.
We slagged the likes of Zinchenko for playing badly in that position that's Baldies fault for putting them there - deep down they must resent him for putting them in a position to be slagged off , mud sticks.

He wanted Alba.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:50 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Except us.

He wanted Alba.

After spunking 400 million on defenders the City hierarchy should get someone else to buy from now on - I certainly wouldn’t allow PeP to do it .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Need a forward?

I’d take him in a flash

Similar to Ings last season - every new season throws up a randomer that does well. Bony was once that guy mate.

Maybe. But he is young, whereas Bony and Ings had already had a few seasons. Absolutely no certainty Calvert-Lewin will be a consistent forward, but he has the attributes that make a decent forward and he can be coached to play the way a manager sees fit to get the best out of him

That said, Everton after their takeover are no longer short of a few quid so like Kane, the selling club hold all the aces and it would take a silly bid to secure his signature
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum