***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby johnny crossan » Tue May 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Why is it that the Spafia manage to turn virtually all our transfers, in and out, into a rip-off dogs breakfast? Fabinho is twice the player Danilo is - we wouldn't need him or Fred or Jorginho is he'd signed for us :(

Is that on the Spafia or Guardiola?

Watch on youtube.com

So they're one and the same.

You do know that Liverpool wanted Jorginho but when they realised they couldn't get him they turned their attention to Fabinho.

You know this eh, how very prescient. Maybe they knew he was Chav bound - wonder who we'll get when Fred is a a rag. Do you know that as well?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Why is it that the Spafia manage to turn virtually all our transfers, in and out, into a rip-off dogs breakfast? Fabinho is twice the player Danilo is - we wouldn't need him or Fred or Jorginho is he'd signed for us :(

Is that on the Spafia or Guardiola?

Watch on youtube.com

So they're one and the same.

You do know that Liverpool wanted Jorginho but when they realised they couldn't get him they turned their attention to Fabinho.

You know this eh, how very prescient. Maybe they knew he was Chav bound - wonder who we'll get when Fred is a a rag. Do you know that as well?

Well about as much as you know that Fabinho is twice the player Danilo is ( Tite doesn't seem to agree).
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 29, 2018 6:32 pm

PeterParker wrote:

I think we robbed Real for Danilo.
The fella does not moan, puts on his shirt and gets in every single time he is needed by our manager and gives 100 %. Top fella, that looks like he is liked by everyone in our dressing room.
We need players like this, because, winning the title was "caused" by the fact we are actually a family.

So back to the topic, I am certain we are signing two-three really top players that will fit into this system Pep made.

Bang on Spidey. Every squad needs a couple of lads like him.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 29, 2018 7:52 pm

delph is better than fabinho
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Tue May 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:delph is better than fabinho

you boys crease me up :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:34 pm

Reports that Mahrez deal is nearing conclusion , 50 million plus up to 15 million add on,s being banded around .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PrezIke » Wed May 30, 2018 12:46 am

The Karius Effect:

Roma allegedly demanding £78m/€90m for Alisson, and expect Liverpool to bow down, but plan to wait until after the WC.

Ironically, we may want to back Alisson during the WC (Brazil #1 over Ederson) to improve Roma's position.

However, RM also interested so decent chance Liverpool get snubbed anyway.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed May 30, 2018 12:54 am

On the rise of Mbappe to us rumours again...

I think UEFA will make sure PSG is penalised for FFP violations in a way that ensures they don't have to sell him, and in particular designed to prevent him coming to us as a result of this.

Curious if UEFA can limit transfers out as a penalty? If not then perhaps they can limit how much revenue PSG gains from selling players (i.e. less than 100%) to helping meet any new financial expectations/limits imposed on them.

So, for example, until summer 2019 PSG can only apply 50% of sales of players to reported revenues in order to meet FFP expectations. UEFA could argue they are doing this under some claim that they want to really punish PSG badly to make sure no one tries what they did with Neymar and cleverly with Mbappe again. Of course, they are also doing this to prevent us from signing him, as their closest friends don't like these "state sponsored clubs" from the Arabian peninsula. This way they UEFA could discourage PSG from sales of players like Mbappe until next summer, which means other clubs could come sniffing, i.e. UEFA favourites Barca or Bayern) and then Neymar can go to RM next summer as well.

I could see that being specified as part of any transfer ban because I think UEFA wants to come down REALLY hard on PSG. I could also see them banned for maybe 3 or more windows from signing/buying players, plus fines, CL squad limitations, etc.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 30, 2018 4:51 am

PrezIke wrote:On the rise of Mbappe to us rumours again...

I think UEFA will make sure PSG is penalised for FFP violations in a way that ensures they don't have to sell him, and in particular designed to prevent him coming to us as a result of this.

Curious if UEFA can limit transfers out as a penalty? If not then perhaps they can limit how much revenue PSG gains from selling players (i.e. less than 100%) to helping meet any new financial expectations/limits imposed on them.

So, for example, until summer 2019 PSG can only apply 50% of sales of players to reported revenues in order to meet FFP expectations. UEFA could argue they are doing this under some claim that they want to really punish PSG badly to make sure no one tries what they did with Neymar and cleverly with Mbappe again. Of course, they are also doing this to prevent us from signing him, as their closest friends don't like these "state sponsored clubs" from the Arabian peninsula. This way they UEFA could discourage PSG from sales of players like Mbappe until next summer, which means other clubs could come sniffing, i.e. UEFA favourites Barca or Bayern) and then Neymar can go to RM next summer as well.

I could see that being specified as part of any transfer ban because I think UEFA wants to come down REALLY hard on PSG. I could also see them banned for maybe 3 or more windows from signing/buying players, plus fines, CL squad limitations, etc.

Mbappe is still a Monaco player isn't he?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 30, 2018 4:51 am

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PrezIke » Wed May 30, 2018 10:33 am

john@staustell wrote:

Well...yes, so that makes this scenario a bit more not the way it could transpire...hah. However, if PSG is not penalised until the summer window is over that would mean no chance of them selling just yet anyway.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm

Everybody over to the Mahrez thread :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed May 30, 2018 6:43 pm

john@staustell wrote:

It was a loan for last season with an obligation to buy this summer for €180 million.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Wed May 30, 2018 7:04 pm

john@staustell wrote:

I couldn't be arsed to point that out , after such a long effort.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 31, 2018 1:34 pm

If the reports of £105m for both Mahrez and Jorginho are correct, I think in the present climate, that is very good business done by Cheeky.
I mean two quality players for the price of a Pogba. Not to be sniffed at.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 31, 2018 1:40 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:If the reports of £105m for both Mahrez and Jorginho are correct, I think in the present climate, that is very good business done by Cheeky.

very good business indeed for 2 quality players
our bench will be better than most teams first xi’s next season - as long as bravo isn’t on it!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:If the reports of £105m for both Mahrez and Jorginho are correct, I think in the present climate, that is very good business done by Cheeky.

very good business indeed for 2 quality players
our bench will be better than most teams first xi’s next season - as long as bravo isn’t on it!

I doubt Gunn would be happy to play 2nd keeper, but I hope he does and Muric moves up as number 3.
If Bravo moved on we'd have space for another transfer.
If Gunn was promised all cup games like Bravo was and perhaps a minimum of Prem games, maybe he'd being willing to understudy for a year.
It's probably most likely he will stay with Norwich though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Thu May 31, 2018 10:28 pm

We need to sign another goalie we’re fucked if Ederson gets injured this needs sorting.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:53 pm

West Ham interested in PSG’s Javier Pastore. PSG looking to dump quite a few to afford Mbappe under FFP
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:19 pm

PSG are a joke.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city