***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby salford city » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:51 am

Nick wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Wooders wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Don't kill me, but I wouldn't say no to Lukaku.
His numbers are really good. Always were.

Right, bed for you mate, let’s chat in the morning

:lol:

He has an attitude, no doubt, but the fucker can score.

Wow. Massive donkey for the rags. Bony levels

Funny one this. No doubt he's talented his numbers back that up but he has got issues somewhere as he is still relatively young but has had more clubs than Sturridge
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:10 pm

Lukaku please stop now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:13 pm

Pep confirms Eric Garcia doesn’t want to extend his contract. On the face of it he either goes now or at the end of next year.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby littlebig » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Not good news re Garcia.

BBC reporting we’re interested in Lautaro Martinez. Is he any good?
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 pm

blues2win wrote:Pep confirms Eric Garcia doesn’t want to extend his contract. On the face of it he either goes now or at the end of next year.

If a player wants to go he wants to go. Get a decent fee and move on.
(Like him but do have reservations).
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:25 pm

Likely means he won’t start tomorrow so Fernandinho probably will.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:26 pm

We really need to look at why these kids use us for the development and then decide to leave. No doubt Foden wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t a City fan (I’m basing that on the stories I’ve heard from when he was in the youth team).

Unless Pep has told Garcia he won’t be here after next season..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Mase wrote:We really need to look at why these kids use us for the development and then decide to leave. No doubt Foden wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t a City fan (I’m basing that on the stories I’ve heard from when he was in the youth team).

Unless Pep has told Garcia he won’t be here after next season..

Maybe because we buy these guys at 15/16 from clubs from far and wide or abroad and they have no affiliation with us whatsoever?

We are just perceived as a stepping stone perhaps
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stupot » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:42 pm

Can't see Pep having told him that. By all accounts Torres had his pick of clubs but came to us because of Pep.
Like you say Mase, Foden stayed when possibly he wouldn't have as he's a fan so for the same reason it's probably the only club Garcia would leave for as a Barca fanatic.

It's a shame, we need to be prepared. If we're going to sell then get the best price and get a replacement.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:49 pm

PeP can be 'arguably' forgiven that Sancho left ,who is now worth 100 million plus, but If we lose more players in our youth set up, that end up being worth 50 to 100 million plus, then questions need to be asked to PeP as to why ...and saying the lad just wanted to go isn't a good enough reason.

Up to now , PeP has the benefit of the doubt...but its under review by many fans out there.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:03 pm

Can’t help but feel that Carl has a point. Mancini was sacked for not being holistic enough and Pep doesn’t seem to be showing how a good enough youngster can make it at City, unless none of them are good enough?

We cannot rely on Foden, Doyle & THB to make it just because they are City fans - I give you Brandon Barker as an example of a City fan overstaying their welcome.

Still feel Mahrez is an example of a player we didn’t need and who may have meant a route to the first team blocked for a youngster who has since moved on.

Sancho is though different in my eyes, effectively went on strike & refused to train at the point when he was about to follow Foden’s trajectory into the first team. There’s also been the odd incident at Dortmund that suggests he could well be a disruptive presence in the dressing room (as mentioned elsewhere). Still there could be a trend and we need to work out how to resolve it.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:37 pm

Pep showed his faith in him by making him first choice at 19 years old. Varane at Madrid is the last centre back I can recall playing regularly for a top European club at that age.

This one is not about lack of opportunity.

I think Mase asks a fair question, this policy of bringing youth players from Spain, is it worth it when Barca or Real come calling they jump ship?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:57 pm

To be honest Garcia wasn't really a product of our youth set-up but of Barcelona's. We got hold of him in 2017 I think. As far as I know he has not said why he is leaving, but I doubt it is because he thinks he should play more but because he thinks he can go 'home'.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:58 pm

It is interesting to see what type of contracts we have with them. Garcia got a chance here, to be honest, and played this season, it was a natural progress, next season he should play more.
Sancho and Garcia are two different scenarios. Sancho wanted to play right now, while, my gues, Garcia was turned by Puyol to Barcelona.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:24 pm

I wouldnt mind buying Raul Jimenez this summer and then loaning him back to Wolves for next season.
Then, when Aguero leaves or is another year older for the 2021-2022 season we have Jimenez
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Pep showed his faith in him by making him first choice at 19 years old. Varane at Madrid is the last centre back I can recall playing regularly for a top European club at that age.

I think Mase asks a fair question, this policy of bringing youth players from Spain, is it worth it when Barca or Real come calling they jump ship?

The fact that Pep is buying Ake and likely one more top CB means this is 100% about lack of opportunity. Garcia will hardly feature next season as 4th CB and is 100% correct for wanting to leave. Not saying he'll play more for Barca but at least he will also be "going home" and will be at Barca.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:34 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Pep showed his faith in him by making him first choice at 19 years old. Varane at Madrid is the last centre back I can recall playing regularly for a top European club at that age.

The fact that Pep is buying Ake and likely one more top CB means this is 100% about lack of opportunity. Garcia will hardly feature next season as 4th CB and is 100% correct for wanting to leave. Not saying he'll play more for Barca but at least he will also be "going home" and will be at Barca.

On the other hand Pep could be buying Ake because he has known for a while that Garcia was likely to leave?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:12 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

My point being he got his opportunity, so equating it to others that didn't is misplaced.

Your speculation may indeed be spot on, I guess we'll never know.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:13 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

On the other hand Pep could be buying Ake because he has known for a while that Garcia was likely to leave?

I’m assuming Pep and Puyol are friends? It won’t have been a shock to him that Garcia is leaving - because Pep would do the same I imagine. Pep has said a few times that he hopes Messi stays at Barca because Pep is a Barca man. It’s win-win for him
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ruralblue » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:PeP can be 'arguably' forgiven that Sancho left ,who is now worth 100 million plus, but If we lose more players in our youth set up, that end up being worth 50 to 100 million plus, then questions need to be asked to PeP as to why ...and saying the lad just wanted to go isn't a good enough reason.

Up to now , PeP has the benefit of the doubt...but its under review by many fans out there.

I kind of hang on to a hope amongst all these kids he will unearth another Messi.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum