***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Iwobi is going to Everton for £40M. This is a guy who has played 149 games for Arsenal, albeit a lot will be substitute appearances, but has scored 15 goals.

That is a quite frankly shocking return for a £40M striker
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:49 pm

Andy Carroll rocks back up at Newcastle. Hope they still have the spare treatment room left from Kieron Dyers time there
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:51 pm

Ed Woodward apparently thought the PL deadline day was in line with the rest of Europe. That’s why they haven’t signed anyone :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Arsenal have signed Tierney, from Celtic for £25M.

And here’s us thinking it’s just City who sign injured or injury prone left backs
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:07 pm

Did I just see Scott Carson come to us on loan from derby??? Why ? Is someone injured ?
Nick
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6477
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Nick wrote:Did I just see Scott Carson come to us on loan from derby??? Why ? Is someone injured ?


Ed and Bravo are both injured so it's big Car in goal on Saturday
Mase
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23297
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:Did I just see Scott Carson come to us on loan from derby??? Why ? Is someone injured ?


Ed and Bravo are both injured so it's big Car in goal on Saturday


You've heard of the new Messi? He's the new Richard Wright
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15254
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:22 pm

Yeah thought of Wright, he must need a golf / trophy holding buddy. Odd. Hes homegrown / English but not sure why that matters. We went into the season with two keepers last year.
Nick
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6477
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:29 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:Did I just see Scott Carson come to us on loan from derby??? Why ? Is someone injured ?


Ed and Bravo are both injured so it's big Car in goal on Saturday


You've heard of the new Messi? He's the new Richard Wright


Let's not forget Stuart Taylor before him.
Mase
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23297
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:Iwobi is going to Everton for £40M. This is a guy who has played 149 games for Arsenal, albeit a lot will be substitute appearances, but has scored 15 goals.

That is a quite frankly shocking return for a £40M striker

Never rated him at all. Poor move by Everton
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Iwobi is going to Everton for £40M. This is a guy who has played 149 games for Arsenal, albeit a lot will be substitute appearances, but has scored 15 goals.

That is a quite frankly shocking return for a £40M striker

Never rated him at all. Poor move by Everton


And that Kean was £10 million cheaper! What's wrong with English clubs?!
Mase
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23297
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Iwobi is going to Everton for £40M. This is a guy who has played 149 games for Arsenal, albeit a lot will be substitute appearances, but has scored 15 goals.

That is a quite frankly shocking return for a £40M striker

Never rated him at all. Poor move by Everton

Like a child given money for their birthday, they go out to the shops on Saturday and spend it on the first things they see. After trying to part with close to £100M including wages for Zaha, which would’ve probably been the worst signing ever, they must have just rolled the dice and came up with Iwobi. Aubameyang was only a further £25M and he scores goals for fun
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Gotta say....Arsenal have done some tremendous business this window
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Dimples » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:09 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Gotta say....Arsenal have done some tremendous business this window


They did but what was all that about them having no money to spend?
User avatar
Dimples
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Dimples wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Gotta say....Arsenal have done some tremendous business this window


They did but what was all that about them having no money to spend?


I’d imagine 90% of those deals will be a pay over 3 year period type of deal .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23955
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby city72 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:09 am

Gun dog signs new contract
city72
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:09 pm
Supporter of: Manchester city

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Brandon Barker, remember him, is having a medical at Rangers ahead of a proposed move there. Be a few more quid in the pot
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:Brandon Barker, remember him, is having a medical at Rangers ahead of a proposed move there. Be a few more quid in the pot

Free transfer, no?
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Gotta say....Arsenal have done some tremendous business this window

They did but what was all that about them having no money to spend?

I’d imagine 90% of those deals will be a pay over 3 year period type of deal .

That's why it's so impressive. They had 45M or so to spend and splashed out almost 140M
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Re: ***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Brandon Barker, remember him, is having a medical at Rangers ahead of a proposed move there. Be a few more quid in the pot

Free transfer, no?

Could be. Can’t see a mention of a fee. I assumed he wasn’t out of contract as his name hadn’t come up on the released players list
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue Philistine, Harry Dowd scored, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mase, MSN [Bot], PeterParker, rosbif cuisson 'bleu' and 30 guests