***Official Summer Transfer Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Who do we want?

Postby johnny crossan » Sun May 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Another (different) Wilfried is nailed on it's alleged - £50m a snip! So not Neymar, Hazard, Bailey, Mahrez or that Italian prodigy then.....Uncle Yaya's had a word apparently ;)
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5480
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Who do we want?

Postby Burt » Sun May 13, 2018 6:22 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Another (different) Wilfried is nailed on it's alleged - £50m a snip! So not Neymar, Hazard, Bailey, Mahrez or that Italian prodigy then.....Uncle Yaya's had a word apparently ;)


Bony?!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Salford

Re: Who do we want?

Postby linwood » Sun May 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Balo, anyone ?

Yeah, great idea, Mancini has has just been sacked again. Let's fuck off Pep and get them both back.
linwood
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: London

Re: Who do we want?

Postby Mase » Sun May 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Burt wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Another (different) Wilfried is nailed on it's alleged - £50m a snip! So not Neymar, Hazard, Bailey, Mahrez or that Italian prodigy then.....Uncle Yaya's had a word apparently ;)


Bony?!!!


Zaha.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17771
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Who do we want?

Postby Mase » Sun May 13, 2018 6:28 pm

linwood wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:Balo, anyone ?

Yeah, great idea, Mancini has has just been sacked again. Let's fuck off Pep and get them both back.


He's been sacked from Italy. Wow that didn't take long!
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17771
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Who do we want?

Postby littlebig » Sun May 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Wouldn’t say no to Zaha, worth a punt.

Balo though? You’ve got to be kidding. Not with a fkin barge pole
User avatar
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:24 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Re: Who do we want?

Postby linwood » Sun May 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Mase wrote:
Burt wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Another (different) Wilfried is nailed on it's alleged - £50m a snip! So not Neymar, Hazard, Bailey, Mahrez or that Italian prodigy then.....Uncle Yaya's had a word apparently ;)


Bony?!!!


Zaha.


Don't think we need him. We've got Foden and Diaz coming through
linwood
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: London

Re: Who do we want?

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 13, 2018 8:08 pm

littlebig wrote:Wouldn’t say no to Zaha, worth a punt.

Balo though? You’ve got to be kidding. Not with a fkin barge pole

Good player though he is, he isn’t the player to win a CL imo. That’s the level we need to look at. We are very blessed with wide front men. And next year we will likely see further progression from both Foden and Diaz. Suspect Roberts won’t cut the mustard with us though
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14161
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Who do we want?

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Another (different) Wilfried is nailed on it's alleged - £50m a snip! So not Neymar, Hazard, Bailey, Mahrez or that Italian prodigy then.....Uncle Yaya's had a word apparently ;)


I hope not. I think he prefers to be the big fish in a small pond. He had his chance in a big squad and he failed miserably.

It would be typical of us to sign a player after his only stellar season for top money and then struggle to get rid of him in 2 years time.

Now is not the time to sign a players who are going to come in and be awe of the players around them. We need the players with the big game mentality that we are lacking at the moment
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Re: Who do we want?

Postby blues2win » Sun May 13, 2018 9:33 pm

We want Ederson who’s today signed a long term contract till 2025. Is that length right Citywatch? Sterling and Pep next.
blues2win
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6191
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Who do we want?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 am

The more I think about Zaha the more it makes sense, with Hodgson reinventing him as a striker this season he could be absolutely ideal. Not only will he provide direct competition for Sane/Sterling he would also give us that physical presence, that I said earlier in the thread we could do with up front at times.

I'd certainly prefer him over Mahrez anyway.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7341
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Who do we want?

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 14, 2018 4:54 pm

PL Transfer Window will open on Thursday and close on August 9th
- with the World Cup squads being announced the same day it's gonna be a fun :D

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -with-fifa
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5480
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Who do we want?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon May 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The more I think about Zaha the more it makes sense, with Hodgson reinventing him as a striker this season he could be absolutely ideal. Not only will he provide direct competition for Sane/Sterling he would also give us that physical presence, that I said earlier in the thread we could do with up front at times.

I'd certainly prefer him over Mahrez anyway.


i think he would be fucking immense in our team and the rags would be raging if he did well for us. he also ticks a homegrown box.
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12467
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: Who do we want?

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The more I think about Zaha the more it makes sense, with Hodgson reinventing him as a striker this season he could be absolutely ideal. Not only will he provide direct competition for Sane/Sterling he would also give us that physical presence, that I said earlier in the thread we could do with up front at times.

I'd certainly prefer him over Mahrez anyway.


But this has any legs or just preference? Any rumours around the fella?
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9035
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Who do we want?

Postby Mase » Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The more I think about Zaha the more it makes sense, with Hodgson reinventing him as a striker this season he could be absolutely ideal. Not only will he provide direct competition for Sane/Sterling he would also give us that physical presence, that I said earlier in the thread we could do with up front at times.

I'd certainly prefer him over Mahrez anyway.


But this has any legs or just preference? Any rumours around the fella?


Loads mate. Google him and most of the stories are of him joining us and apparently he said yesterday he doesn't want to go anywhere which is a massive kiss of death so likely he won't be at Palace next year.
Last edited by Mase on Mon May 14, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17771
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Who do we want?

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The more I think about Zaha the more it makes sense, with Hodgson reinventing him as a striker this season he could be absolutely ideal. Not only will he provide direct competition for Sane/Sterling he would also give us that physical presence, that I said earlier in the thread we could do with up front at times.

I'd certainly prefer him over Mahrez anyway.


But this has any legs or just preference? Any rumours around the fella?


Loads mate. Google him and most of the stories are of him joining us and apparently he said yesterday he doesn't want to go anyway which is a massive kiss of death so likely he won't be at Palace next year.


Just read. 50 mil.
Really football went mad.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9035
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Who do we want?

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon May 14, 2018 6:38 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The more I think about Zaha the more it makes sense, with Hodgson reinventing him as a striker this season he could be absolutely ideal. Not only will he provide direct competition for Sane/Sterling he would also give us that physical presence, that I said earlier in the thread we could do with up front at times.

I'd certainly prefer him over Mahrez anyway.


But this has any legs or just preference? Any rumours around the fella?


Loads mate. Google him and most of the stories are of him joining us and apparently he said yesterday he doesn't want to go anyway which is a massive kiss of death so likely he won't be at Palace next year.


Just read. 50 mil.
Really football went mad.


BUt that's not the worst. Did you know there's a team that got a HUNDRED points in a season? A HUNDRED POINTS? I mean, what are they going to do with all of that? It's sickening.
User avatar
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 am
Location: Umeå
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Re: Who do we want?

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:The more I think about Zaha the more it makes sense, with Hodgson reinventing him as a striker this season he could be absolutely ideal. Not only will he provide direct competition for Sane/Sterling he would also give us that physical presence, that I said earlier in the thread we could do with up front at times.

I'd certainly prefer him over Mahrez anyway.


But this has any legs or just preference? Any rumours around the fella?


Loads mate. Google him and most of the stories are of him joining us and apparently he said yesterday he doesn't want to go anyway which is a massive kiss of death so likely he won't be at Palace next year.


Just read. 50 mil.
Really football went mad.


BUt that's not the worst. Did you know there's a team that got a HUNDRED points in a season? A HUNDRED POINTS? I mean, what are they going to do with all of that? It's sickening.


Not like the good old days when a player scoring 7 (seven) in one game was an achievement.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/mcfc-mcfc-manchestercity-mancity-l3UcheajT7JMcf7Zm[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4826
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

Re: Who do we want?

Postby Cocacolajojo » Mon May 14, 2018 6:49 pm

patrickblue wrote:Not like the good old days when a player scoring 7 (seven) in one game was an achievement.


That never happened. Did it?
User avatar
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 am
Location: Umeå
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Re: Who do we want?

Postby PrezIke » Tue May 15, 2018 1:56 am

Mase wrote:
Burt wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Another (different) Wilfried is nailed on it's alleged - £50m a snip! So not Neymar, Hazard, Bailey, Mahrez or that Italian prodigy then.....Uncle Yaya's had a word apparently ;)


Bony?!!!


Zaha.


Very good player, but my sense is he's Plan C or D.
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5365
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: C & C, carolina-blue, Cocacolajojo, Foreverinbluedreams, Google [Bot], Grandad Rosler, Majestic-12 [Bot], mr_nool, Nigels Tackle, Outcast, patrickblue, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), stevefromdonny and 65 guests