Goal of the Season - vote Leroy Sane

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Goal of the Season - vote Leroy Sane

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Leroy's goal against arsenal is in the top 8 for goal of the season. Public vote will get it down to the last 3 and then decided by the pundits. They showed the whole build up to the goal so i think if he gets to the last 3 he will win it.

About 30 mins left to vote

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/43994994
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Goal of the Season - vote Leroy Sane

Postby craigmcfc » Sun May 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Done
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 13, 2018 11:32 pm

That was never going to win it. They purposely showed one of our most unspectacular goals, when they had another 105 to choose from.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 am

patrickblue wrote:That was never going to win it. They purposely showed one of our most unspectacular goals, when they had another 105 to choose from.

You are joking right? IMO that was by far our best goal of the season. Arsenal were well organised in their press and we just moved it around so quickly with 1 and 2 touch football.

No other team in the league could do what we done in the build up to that goal and maybe only one or two teams could do it in the world.

As i said, i think if it got through Sane would have won and as motd showed the whole build up, the pundits would have went for it
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon May 14, 2018 7:02 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:That was never going to win it. They purposely showed one of our most unspectacular goals, when they had another 105 to choose from.

You are joking right? IMO that was by far our best goal of the season. Arsenal were well organised in their press and we just moved it around so quickly with 1 and 2 touch football.

No other team in the league could do what we done in the build up to that goal and maybe only one or two teams could do it in the world.

As i said, i think if it got through Sane would have won and as motd showed the whole build up, the pundits would have went for it

It was a wonderful goal and a great team goal rather than just a swish of the boot but it was never ever going to win goal of the season on the BBC. I would disagree but the "average" football fan seems to much prefer someone smacking it in from 25 yards.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 14, 2018 7:05 am

I dunno.... it went very close to the crossbar.

Which makes it a near miss, I believe?
Original Dub

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:24 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

It was a wonderful goal and a great team goal rather than just a swish of the boot but it was never ever going to win goal of the season on the BBC. I would disagree but the "average" football fan seems to much prefer someone smacking it in from 25 yards.

I agree the majority of general fans prefer the more extravagant looking finish but i reckon that if it had got in the top 3, Shearer and Wright would have gone with it. When i saw it coming up i was wondering how much of the build up they would show and they showed it all, which really emphasised the quality. That Salah's goal got in wad a joke but i suppose that sums up the Liverpool fans
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:28 am

Original Dub wrote:I dunno.... it went very close to the crossbar.

It hit the foot of the post ya thick jackeen.

(Anyway, after watching the United game, my opinion on sterling hasn't changed)
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Mon May 14, 2018 8:43 am

The net spend champions have high jacked that so Mo Salah gets yet another award....
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am

I specifically said unspectacular.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 am

patrickblue wrote:

That would have been our only goal that would beaten Vardy or Rooney, so call it spectacular or not, imo it was our best goal
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 14, 2018 10:56 am

Original Dub wrote:I dunno.... it went very close to the crossbar.

It hit the foot of the post ya thick jackeen.

(Anyway, after watching the United game, my opinion on sterling hasn't changed)

Ok, so it hit the foot of the post?
You said if a shot hit the woodwork it was a near miss. Now you're saying it is goal of the season.

And I'm the thick?

You absolute stinking bogger.
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 am

patrickblue wrote:

That would have been our only goal that would beaten Vardy or Rooney, so call it spectacular or not, imo it was our best goal

Straight off the top of my head, there's a couple that would have a much better chance of winning that particular competition, Sane's volly in the 5-0 against scouse, and Kun's fourth against Leicester.
I'm not saying they were better goals, but they were the sort of goals that would do well in that particular competition.
Let's be honest about it, most of the people watching MOTD would have been wondering why they were showing all that build up instead of someone putting the ball in the net.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon May 14, 2018 12:08 pm

was KDB v swansea too late for consideration?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Scatman » Mon May 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Last edited by Scatman on Mon May 14, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 14, 2018 12:32 pm

too late - it's sniffer Vardy :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Return to The Maine Football forum