Assist of the season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Assist of the season

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 17, 2018 8:20 am

What a strange selection.

There's two that are inferior to kdb's history making assist on Sunday and two that are very similar to one gundo had... oh and sterling, sane and Silva don't feature once.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... 718-season
Original Dub

Re: Assist of the season

Postby edge275 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 am

To be honest I also thought Rooney’s goal for Everton from his own half was massively over rated. Hart practically passed it to him and he wasn’t even in goal. I think even an average guy off the street could score that 20% - 40% of the time, nevermind a professional footballer.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 17, 2018 8:42 am

Original Dub wrote:What a strange selection.

There's two that are inferior to kdb's history making assist on Sunday and two that are very similar to one gundo had... oh and sterling, sane and Silva don't feature once.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... 718-season

That's just a compilation of back heels. Some good ones though.

Kev's is by far the best v stoke
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby blues-clues » Thu May 17, 2018 3:16 pm

There was a pass KDB played when he looked as though he was going to shoot but played a sort of blind revers pass - Raheem scored I think - was it the first goal against Leicester?

There were some fantastic goals in the deconstruction of Stoke. Did Kyle Walker get credited with an assist for his run from virtually his own penalty area for the first goal?

There are some decent goals in that set but to only have 2 from the smorgasbord that was the City highlights reel this year seems a poor reflection of our awesomeness.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Dubciteh » Thu May 17, 2018 4:16 pm

KDB against stoke was incredible. That and silva for dzecko in sick swan are the two best i have seen from city players.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby branny » Thu May 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Kdb at Spurs that set Sterling away through the middle was ridiculous. Shame Raheem couldn't finish it.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Think KDB could’ve had three assists in the top ten in the Stoke game alone
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 17, 2018 8:06 pm

It's between Lukaku to Silva or Lukaku to Otamendi for me.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It's between Lukaku to Silva or Lukaku to Otamendi for me.

Haha class!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 pm

blues-clues wrote:There was a pass KDB played when he looked as though he was going to shoot but played a sort of blind revers pass - Raheem scored I think - was it the first goal against Leicester?

There were some fantastic goals in the deconstruction of Stoke. Did Kyle Walker get credited with an assist for his run from virtually his own penalty area for the first goal?

There are some decent goals in that set but to only have 2 from the smorgasbord that was the City highlights reel this year seems a poor reflection of our awesomeness.

I think you're thinking of the second goal against Stoke, and in fact that's the one I expected to see in the Sky vid.
But looking at it again, it's not a Kev assist as he passes it to Sane, who then crosses it to Sterling for a tap in.

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match-hi ... highlights

At 2:25
Last edited by patrickblue on Sat May 19, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 17, 2018 8:43 pm

patrickblue wrote:
blues-clues wrote:There was a pass KDB played when he looked as though he was going to shoot but played a sort of blind revers pass - Raheem scored I think - was it the first goal against Leicester?

I think you're thinking of the second goal against Stoke, and in fact that's the one I expected to see in the Sky vid.
But looking at it again, it's not a Kev assist as he passes it to Sane, who then crosses it to Sterling for a top in.

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match-highlights/2017/october/city-v-stoke-extended-highlights

And that's where assists as a measure of creativity falls apart.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby blues-clues » Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

But looking at it again, it's not a Kev assist as he passes it to Sane, who then crosses it to Sterling for a top in.

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/match-highlights/2017/october/city-v-stoke-extended-highlights

And that's where assists as a measure of creativity falls apart.

Yes - that's the one -cheers! So it doesn't count as an assist if it is not the final pass? Mental - hey-ho. What a pass.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby s1ty m » Fri May 18, 2018 12:53 pm

KDB to Kun v Leicester. An impossible pass.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri May 18, 2018 1:02 pm

blues-clues wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And that's where assists as a measure of creativity falls apart.

Yes - that's the one -cheers! So it doesn't count as an assist if it is not the final pass? Mental - hey-ho. What a pass.

It seems an odd metric/statistic, and it's one that's only entered the English game in the past decade. I remember back in 2008 or 2009 that fans of German football used to go on about Assist stats, and never having heard about them being considered within UK football.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:It's between Lukaku to Silva or Lukaku to Otamendi for me.

+1 :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Return to The Maine Football forum