Sergio thinks his knee feels like a new one

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sergio thinks his knee feels like a new one

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Lets hope it's finally sorted.

https://golazoargentino.com/2018/05/17/sergio-aguero-after-five-years-my-knee-feels-like-new-interview/

Sergio Agüero: After five years my knee feels like new (Interview)
May 17, 2018 · by pedrocoates · in argentina, Uncategorized, World Cup 2018. ·

Any concerns that Argentina could bring only a half-fit Sergio Agüero to another major tournament have been squashed as the Manchester City striker returned to training in Ezeiza and admitted that he feels better than he has in years.
Agüero underwent knee surgery in Barcelona immediately after Manchester City secured the Premier League title in April and despite some doubt over whether the centre forward would be 100 per cent fit, the 29-year-old assured TyC Sports that he would is feeling good.
“Since 2013 I had been suffering with my knee and if I hadn’t had the operation, I could have missed the World Cup,” Agüero explained.
“Now, after five years my knee feels like new.”
Agüero was on the end of a strong challenge by Ashley Young in the Manchester derby on April 7th which appeared to aggrevate the injury and after making only a brief appearance as Liverpool knocked City out of the Champions League the following week, the Argentinian striker decided it was a good time to go under the knife.

“I spoke with the Manchester City medical team earlier and we agreed to wait because we had the Champions League.
“It didn’t improve. Pep [Guardiola] used me as a substitute a lot and told me to stay calm but after being knocked out of the Champions I told the doctors, I didn’t feel good.
“With the World Cup ahead, I preferred to do it because otherwise I could have missed out.”
Agüero is of course no stranger to injury and despite reaching 84 appearances and being the third highest scorer in Argentina’s history, the former Independiente striker has missed plenty of opportunities for those numbers to be even greater.
“Obviously I’ve always had problems. My hamstrings, the quadriceps and in the gluteus – all things that came from the knee.
“And now it’s very different because, for example, over the past five years I couldn’t flex it completely. Now it is a relief.”
If indeed this slight knee problem was linked to Agüero’s other injury issues it does beg the question why the Manchester City record scorer has waited five years.
“It was nothing,” Agüero stated.
“The operation lasted twelve minutes. It was just a nuisance that I had for a long time. In the Premier League you play every three days and sometimes it would swell and bother me.
“Anyway, things happen for a reason and I had no choice but to do this to feel better. I have something very important next month and in the future I will be much better.
Argentina need the best possible version of Agüero in Russia and while many skeptics will still feel like he will inevitably not be 100 per cent, Kun joked: “I arrive a lot fresher than most.”
Jorge Sampaoli certainly hopes so.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Re: Sergio thinks his knee feels like a new one

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu May 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Things looking bleak for our PL rivals, Pep signed up, Sergio rejuvenated........
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 am

god help the premier league now he has two working legs!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 18, 2018 10:31 am

Wonderwall wrote:god help the premier league now he has two working legs!

If it has definitely fixed his on going problems then he could have a sensational WC, i shall make sure that i see all their games.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hazy2 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:59 pm

defo been an issue, glad Sergio is 100%, iF HE STAYS FIT 40 Goals next season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bluedj » Sat May 19, 2018 6:41 am

Great news for us. Mind, even if he scored 50 prem goals next season, he still wouldn’t get the recognition he deserves. Fingers crossed he stays fit and bags a few hatricks
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 19, 2018 8:41 am

Bluedj wrote:Great news for us. Mind, even if he scored 50 prem goals next season, he still wouldn’t get the recognition he deserves. Fingers crossed he stays fit and bags a few hatricks

He would from those whose opinion actually counts, that's us and the clubs ;)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 19, 2018 12:21 pm

There's a silly article going the rounds saying Kun agreed to go to Barca a few seasons back, but was too scared to ask Sheikh Mansour if he could go.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sat May 19, 2018 1:09 pm

patrickblue wrote:There's a silly article going the rounds saying Kun agreed to go to Barca a few seasons back, but was too scared to ask Sheikh Mansour if he could go.

Hahaha class! "Please errrmmm Sir....may I....ermm...please ermmm....could.....I...it doesn't matter"
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Return to The Maine Football forum