Iniesta

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Iniesta

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 24, 2018 10:14 am

Nickyboy wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Is signing for Japanese side Vittel Kobe. Apparently they also signed Lucas Podolski last year.

Vissel Kobe have got rich backers in Rakuten. They've not won any honours yet, but the J-League only started in 1994.

J-League history is littered with foreign players who are over the hill and don't perform but draw colossal wages. I'll be keeping an eye on this to see how it pans out.

Is Rakuten TV that sponsor Barca from the same region?

yes... it’s the japanese version of amazon
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu May 24, 2018 11:49 am

Nickyboy wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Is signing for Japanese side Vittel Kobe. Apparently they also signed Lucas Podolski last year.

Vissel Kobe have got rich backers in Rakuten. They've not won any honours yet, but the J-League only started in 1994.

J-League history is littered with foreign players who are over the hill and don't perform but draw colossal wages. I'll be keeping an eye on this to see how it pans out.

Is Rakuten TV that sponsor Barca from the same region?

Yes, they sponsor Barcelona. The company started in Shinagawa, in Tokyo, and their headquarters are now in Setagaya, also in Tokyo, but the Mikitani bloke is from Kobe, hence his involvement in Vissel.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat May 26, 2018 6:18 am

I find that terrible waste of talent. I watched him A LOT last season as I always have as I truly enjoy his style and awareness. He was still commanding midfield and was able to speed the game up when needed and slow the game down when needed. He wasn't ready to start60-odd games a year but would've been FANTASTIC addition for those tricky CL ties and great player to have on the bench when going gets tough.

I honestly don'think he was in J-League, MLS, Qatar condition and I would have loved to see him play for someone in one of the top leagues for year or two. But, to be fair, he has won everything, and by everything I mean EVERYTHING. Probably one of the most decorated players in modern era. So one final pay day in Japan is understandable I suppose.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum