Best premier league 11 (not top 6)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Best premier league 11 (not top 6)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:03 pm

Something I heard the other day, try to make your best 11 premier league team from the rest of the premier league teams not including any top 6 team players, then see if you think your selection would break into the top 6.

Mine is as follows in a 3-4-3 formation

Pope
Lascelles Tarkowski Maguire
Coleman Gueye Mooy Bertrand
Zaha Vardy Mahrez


I think that might have a chance of competing with Arsenal.
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29211
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Best premier league 11 (not top 6)

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:35 am

Wonderwall wrote:Something I heard the other day, try to make your best 11 premier league team from the rest of the premier league teams not including any top 6 team players, then see if you think your selection would break into the top 6.

Mine is as follows in a 3-4-3 formation

Pope
Lascelles Tarkowski Maguire
Coleman Gueye Mooy Bertrand
Zaha Vardy Mahrez


I think that might have a chance of competing with Arsenal.

good team that, it's hard to think of better but this one might give them a game

Fabianski
Smith Shindler Mee Masuaku
Doucore Ndidi Shelvey Allen
Richarlison Arnautovic
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Best premier league 11 (not top 6)

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:02 am

Fabianski
Coleman - Lascelles - Maguire - Bertrand
Doucoure - Ndidi - Lanzini
Zaha - Vardy - Mahrez
User avatar
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11903
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:22 pm
Location: Amersfoort, Cheeseland
Supporter of: City

Re: Best premier league 11 (not top 6)

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:54 am

There are some good options for an 11, however, its tough to see them break the top 6 and even more difficult to see them break the top 4. Shows the gap in depth between the top 6 and the rest.
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29211
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Best premier league 11 (not top 6)

Postby Burt » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Wonderwall wrote:There are some good options for an 11, however, its tough to see them break the top 6 and even more difficult to see them break the top 4. Shows the gap in depth between the top 6 and the rest.


I hope you're wrong mate cos we're signing Mahrez!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4963
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Salford

Re: Best premier league 11 (not top 6)

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:14 am

Burt wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:There are some good options for an 11, however, its tough to see them break the top 6 and even more difficult to see them break the top 4. Shows the gap in depth between the top 6 and the rest.


I hope you're wrong mate cos we're signing Mahrez!


1 man doesn't make a team, look at Loserpool, you can only go so far
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29211
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Best premier league 11 (not top 6)

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 am

Wonderwall wrote:There are some good options for an 11, however, its tough to see them break the top 6 and even more difficult to see them break the top 4. Shows the gap in depth between the top 6 and the rest.

In fairness, though, an 11 on paper doesn't make a league squad. I could easily see any of the XIs suggested making it all the way to a cup final. Put all the players together into a squad, and add a couple more for depth, and you're easily challenging for top 6, I'd say, although probably not top 4.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
User avatar
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9024
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: Sarajevo, BiH
Supporter of: Team Bridge


Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigblue, Bluedj, BlueinBosnia, Bluemoon4610, blues2win, BmoreBlue, BrianF, budfox, carl_feedthegoat, CTID Hants, Deyna, Hutch's Shoulder, iwasthere2012, JamieMCFC, johnny crossan, johnnyondioline, King_Tueart, london blue 2, Mase, mr_nool, Nigels Tackle, nottsblue, PaulieIrish, PeterParker, Pretty Boy Lee, RodneyRodney, ruralblue, sheblue, Sideshow Bob, steelsnail, trueblue64, Woodyblue, Yukscore and 113 guests