World Cup Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Game on. Must be Croatia favourites now

Favourites to win this game? They may be denied ;-)

Russia still giving it their all and a great chance went begging there

2-2.

Surely Russia won’t win on penners again?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Great for England that they will play against a team that is almost with no fuel left after two games with 120 minutes.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:51 pm

So it’s England V Croatia
nottsblue

Postby zuricity » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Kinell FIFA couldn't make it easier for England to get to the final, could they?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:11 pm

zuricity wrote:Kinell FIFA couldn't make it easier for England to get to the final, could they?

Hardest game so far next. Razza to step up?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:54 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Russia vs Croatia (only 5 matches left in the whole tournament)

Let's see who we face Wednesday eh?

Dah.

Hope it’s Russia

I'd normally agree but I've got Croatia in sweep and banking on them coming third :lol:

that would be an impressive Spanish territorial acquisition number 22 :?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:09 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Russia vs Croatia (only 5 matches left in the whole tournament)

Let's see who we face Wednesday eh?

Dah.

Hope it’s Russia

I'd normally agree but I've got Croatia in sweep and banking on them coming third :lol:

that would be an impressive Spanish territorial acquisition number 22 :?

One that actually involves cash JC :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Just read that the Croatian coach has stated that our very own Raheem Sterling is their biggest threat. If he can see it, like other top coaches have, why don't the rest of the country see it?

OK, you can be a sheep, led by the media campaign, but when you see what he brings on the pitch, there's no pride lost in saying you were wrong; you cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Just read that the Croatian coach has stated that our very own Raheem Sterling is their biggest threat. If he can see it, like other top coaches have, why don't the rest of the country see it?

OK, you can be a sheep, led by the media campaign, but when you see what he brings on the pitch, there's no pride lost in saying you were wrong; you cunts!

i would love it if raheem scored the world cup winner.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just read that the Croatian coach has stated that our very own Raheem Sterling is their biggest threat. If he can see it, like other top coaches have, why don't the rest of the country see it?

i would love it if raheem scored the world cup winner.

I would love it if he just scored!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Well after a lot of toing and froing, it looks like I am driving to Russia and back for the semi final. Can't do the final as my last is graduating and I wouldn't be back in time.

Only a 4000 mil round trip. Leaving tomorrow with a mate and sharing the driving.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Well after a lot of toing and froing, it looks like I am driving to Russia and back for the semi final. Can't do the final as my last is graduating and I wouldn't be back in time.

Only a 4000 mil round trip. Leaving tomorrow with a mate and sharing the driving.

OMFG, are you mad! That is one hell of a trip. Done a few long journeys myself and know what it's like to drive across Europe, just not that far. You'll be a vegetable by time you get there, got to be at least a day and half non-stop and when you get a sleep it'll not feel like that as you want to keep an eye on the road for the driver.

Stay safe pal and if agree with each other that if you're both fucked take a break and get a couple of hours. Good luck, it will be immense.

#TheTrials&TribulationsOfABlueAbroad

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Well after a lot of toing and froing, it looks like I am driving to Russia and back for the semi final. Can't do the final as my last is graduating and I wouldn't be back in time.

May I ask what you will be driving on this epic journey?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Wow. Stay safe with the long drive WW. What an experience
nottsblue

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Cheers fellas, totally agree beefy not one for the faint of heart, however it's my best mate, I was his best man, he is the one person that can do this with me.

We are doing it in my car, diesel C220 auto.
Wonderwall

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Cheers fellas, totally agree beefy not one for the faint of heart, however it's my best mate, I was his best man, he is the one person that can do this with me.

I love these type of trips mate, and for something at the end like you're gonna see, hopefully it'll be more than worth it.

Wish I was there, we want plenty of pics and updates. Shall we start a new thread?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Cheers fellas, totally agree beefy not one for the faint of heart, however it's my best mate, I was his best man, he is the one person that can do this with me.

I love these type of trips mate, and for something at the end like you're gonna see, hopefully it'll be more than worth it.

Wish I was there, we want plenty of pics and updates. Shall we start a new thread?

We are 90% there, the wives have given the green light. It's down to the bosses tomorrow, I am a contractor so it's my own money, can't see a problem there. It's down to my mate but he is a senior manager where he is and he said he should be ok. So fingers crossed it's a goer tomorrow.

I will post updates here and on twitter's might be a bit sparce depending on when I am needed to drive. He won't update as he is a rag twat who will be listening to to me review the 2018 season :mrgreen:
Wonderwall

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

We are 90% there, the wives have given the green light. It's down to the bosses tomorrow, I am a contractor so it's my own money, can't see a problem there. It's down to my mate but he is a senior manager where he is and he said he should be ok. So fingers crossed it's a goer tomorrow.

I will post updates here and on twitter's might be a bit sparce depending on when I am needed to drive. He won't update as he is a rag twat who will be listening to to me review the 2018 season :mrgreen:

Good conversation starter, 'So, Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand think Raheem has been brilliant?'. That'll keep him awake ;-)

Good luck pal.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:50 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Good conversation starter, 'So, Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand think Raheem has been brilliant?'. That'll keep him awake ;-)

Good luck pal.

Cheers beefy. I might not bother with updating the world cup fantasy and prediction leagues. As i am top of both..... Just
Wonderwall

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:28 am

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum