World Cup Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:30 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Belgium v Costa Rica - waterways?


It's on RAG TV so must be feeds about, I've got it on via kodi

How the fuck does rag tv get the rights to international friendlies?
nottsblue
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13862
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Belgium v Costa Rica - waterways?


It's on RAG TV so must be feeds about, I've got it on via kodi

How the fuck does rag tv get the rights to international friendlies?


they have to show some decent football
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12180
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:50 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Belgium v Costa Rica - waterways?


It's on RAG TV so must be feeds about, I've got it on via kodi

got it on reddit thanks - those MUTV presenters are extraordinary :lol:
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Belgium v Costa Rica - waterways?


It's on RAG TV so must be feeds about, I've got it on via kodi

How the fuck does rag tv get the rights to international friendlies?


they have to show some decent football


The dippers channel had the last two Brazil games, no idea, I guess they pick them up cheap
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6476
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:08 am

Spain just sacked their manager :lol: :lol:
he's off to Madrid early!
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:31 am

johnny crossan wrote:Spain just sacked their manager :lol: :lol:
he's off to Madrid early!


Just saw it. Apparently Spain head of FA was pissed because he wasn't being made aware of the discussions. Why would he. If you tell some fatso FA chairman you might just as well put out press release.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?


Mark Radcliffe
User avatar
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40163
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:19 pm
Location: Deep in the pimp game
Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:36 am

World cup eve and he sacks him ?!!! madness.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21017
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:39 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Spain just sacked their manager :lol: :lol:
he's off to Madrid early!


Just saw it. Apparently Spain head of FA was pissed because he wasn't being made aware of the discussions. Why would he. If you tell some fatso FA chairman you might just as well put out press release.


with the spanish fa on this one
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12180
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:13 am

Going to put this here as i don't think it warrants its own thread just yet..........

Canada/USA/Mexico awarded the 2026 World Cup, whilst this is a better option then Morrroco it's still yet another fucking stupid decision by FIFA especially as this will be the first WC to be a 48 team final!!

3 Canadian City's
3 Mexico City's
14 US City's (not sure all will host) which are across the width of the country so multiple time zones come into play.
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6476
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby zuricity » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 am

CTID Hants wrote:Going to put this here as i don't think it warrants its own thread just yet..........

Canada/USA/Mexico awarded the 2026 World Cup, whilst this is a better option then Morrroco it's still yet another fucking stupid decision by FIFA especially as this will be the first WC to be a 48 team final!!

3 Canadian City's
3 Mexico City's
14 US City's (not sure all will host) which are across the width of the country so multiple time zones come into play.


Yep Absolutely stupid idea.

Three countries, three possible visas to get.

Any idea how long it takes to drive from Toronto to LA ? ( fekkin Days at 55 miles per hour)

Then you possibly need different currencies and as most know you cannot get cash in the states because the cash machines are all being abused by Ruskies.

Can't hire a car in the US and drive to Canada or Mexico without extra insurance. A complete bollox by FIFA.

On top of that you have the US Bars and Restaurants with the balls to ask for service tips up to 22% . City64's Beer tab will be enormous !

I am sure many on this site have been to the US or Canada but it's like having a game in Turkey , followed by a game in Oslo and then traipsing down to Sicily for the last game before England fly home.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10138
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am

Wtf Spain?
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8939
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:04 pm

zuricity wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Going to put this here as i don't think it warrants its own thread just yet..........

Canada/USA/Mexico awarded the 2026 World Cup, whilst this is a better option then Morrroco it's still yet another fucking stupid decision by FIFA especially as this will be the first WC to be a 48 team final!!

3 Canadian City's
3 Mexico City's
14 US City's (not sure all will host) which are across the width of the country so multiple time zones come into play.


Yep Absolutely stupid idea.

Three countries, three possible visas to get.

Any idea how long it takes to drive from Toronto to LA ? ( fekkin Days at 55 miles per hour)

Then you possibly need different currencies and as most know you cannot get cash in the states because the cash machines are all being abused by Ruskies.

Can't hire a car in the US and drive to Canada or Mexico without extra insurance. A complete bollox by FIFA.

On top of that you have the US Bars and Restaurants with the balls to ask for service tips up to 22% . City64's Beer tab will be enormous !

I am sure many on this site have been to the US or Canada but it's like having a game in Turkey , followed by a game in Oslo and then traipsing down to Sicily for the last game before England fly home.



Also talk about the average ticket costing around 350 quid.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21739
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Not that ireland will ever qualify again, although with 48 teams we might squeeze in, but that's it I'm out.
Interrnational Football is off my menu.
FIFA don't give a flying fnck about the travelling fan.
They don't care who fills the stadiums.
I don't think they even care if they do fill the stadiums.
All they care about is the TV revenue.

48 teams? Sweet Jesus there's going to be a lot of dross to watch in the early stages.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8181
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby phips » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:48 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Going to put this here as i don't think it warrants its own thread just yet..........

Canada/USA/Mexico awarded the 2026 World Cup, whilst this is a better option then Morrroco it's still yet another fucking stupid decision by FIFA especially as this will be the first WC to be a 48 team final!!

3 Canadian City's
3 Mexico City's
14 US City's (not sure all will host) which are across the width of the country so multiple time zones come into play.

i pity whichever sides have to play at altitude in Denver
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: California
Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:58 pm

I think international level died with World Cup 98.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8939
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Going to put this here as i don't think it warrants its own thread just yet..........

Canada/USA/Mexico awarded the 2026 World Cup, whilst this is a better option then Morrroco it's still yet another fucking stupid decision by FIFA especially as this will be the first WC to be a 48 team final!!

3 Canadian City's
3 Mexico City's
14 US City's (not sure all will host) which are across the width of the country so multiple time zones come into play.

Interesting. The US get a WC after investigating FIFA/UEFA. I didn't even know there was bidding at this time.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 34237
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:01 pm

PeterParker wrote:Wtf Spain?

Yeah, the cunts! I've got them in the works sweepstakes.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 34237
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:05 pm

zuricity wrote:

Any idea how long it takes to drive from Toronto to LA ? ( fekkin Days at 55 miles per hour)
.


I've driven LAX to South Lake Tahoe and LAX to Mammoth Mountain which are 8hrs and 6.5hrs respectively, both amazing drives and both destinations in the same State as LA.

Ridiculous when you think it about and no wonder that so many Yanks have never left their own state, let alone country!
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6476
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby phips » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:25 pm

if anyone is actually considering going just go to the upper east coast matches. baltimore, philly, & NYC. you can train between them easily enough.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: California
Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby city72 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:16 pm

So is that 4 places guaranteed the 3 hosts and the previous winner?
city72
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:09 pm
Supporter of: Manchester city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 41 guests