World Cup Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: World Cup Thread

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:13 am

JamieMCFC wrote:

Except that Liverpool won the title in 1966 (sadly)
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 am

Lev Bronstein wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

We did win the second division though, did we not?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:35 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

We did Tokyo, but Burnley didn't make Europe I believe, they were in some weird Euro shit 66/67 season called "Inter-Cities Fairs Cup"
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:44 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

We did Tokyo, but Burnley didn't make Europe I believe, they were in some weird Euro shit 66/67 season called "Inter-Cities Fairs Cup"

Don't let the truth get in the way of some shitty advert to excite England fans :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:46 am

CTID Hants wrote:We did Tokyo, but Burnley didn't make Europe I believe, they were in some weird Euro shit 66/67 season called "Inter-Cities Fairs Cup"

That's the forerunner of the UEFA Cup/Europa League.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:32 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:We did Tokyo, but Burnley didn't make Europe I believe, they were in some weird Euro shit 66/67 season called "Inter-Cities Fairs Cup"

That's the forerunner of the UEFA Cup/Europa League.

Mase please note
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:16 am

Wonderwall wrote:Well after a lot of toing and froing, it looks like I am driving to Russia and back for the semi final. Can't do the final as my last is graduating and I wouldn't be back in time.

Only a 4000 mil round trip. Leaving tomorrow with a mate and sharing the driving.

you are fucking mental...!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:17 am

PeterParker wrote:Great for England that they will play against a team that is almost with no fuel left after two games with 120 minutes.

Any news on Subasic's 'injury'? Was it something serious, something minor, or was he feigning it as a tactic in case the game went to penalties? A friend told me it's a long-standing injury problem, but he's one of these people who never shows any interest in football unless he's given complementary VIP tickets for the CL or Bundesliga through work or the World Cup's on.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:46 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Well after a lot of toing and froing, it looks like I am driving to Russia and back for the semi final. Can't do the final as my last is graduating and I wouldn't be back in time.

Only a 4000 mil round trip. Leaving tomorrow with a mate and sharing the driving.

Bastard tickets are sold out. Can't go without one as the ticket acts as a temporary visa to enter the country. Can't get a normal visa as their process is normally 4 weeks to process or an emergency one takes 3 working days. So no good unless I can get a ticket from Fifa. Been on the site all day as they are drip feeding tickets on there but not been any when I get a slot on the site. Currently over an hour wait time. Loads of tickets were available for France v Belgium. Still a chance, going to give it until 5 pm today and keep trying before calling it a day on the idea.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:52 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Bastard tickets are sold out. Can't go without one as the ticket acts as a temporary visa to enter the country. Can't get a normal visa as their process is normally 4 weeks to process or an emergency one takes 3 working days. So no good unless I can get a ticket from Fifa. Been on the site all day as they are drip feeding tickets on there but not been any when I get a slot on the site. Currently over an hour wait time. Loads of tickets were available for France v Belgium. Still a chance, going to give it until 5 pm today and keep trying before calling it a day on the idea.

If you're that desperate, wouldn't it be worth buying a France-Belgium ticket to act as your temp. visa, and trying to get a ticket for the England game while en route?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:01 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

If you're that desperate, wouldn't it be worth buying a France-Belgium ticket to act as your temp. visa, and trying to get a ticket for the England game while en route?

Tickets are £359 for the Belgium game which is the cheapest available now. I wouldn't be there in time to see that game or sell my ticket on to someone. Would be dead money.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby MichaelRonaldhino77 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Now the world cup is going into semi-final stage lets see who will qualify for the final all 4 teams are good. maybe we will see a new world cup winner or Belgium will win this again. Now I am supporting Belgium :p. I am using FastestVPN to watch FIFA world cup online with bufferless streaming and I am happy with that.
MichaelRonaldhino77
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Argentina
My favourite player is: Messi

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:08 pm

MichaelRonaldhino77 wrote:Now the world cup is going into semi-final stage lets see who will qualify for the final all 4 teams are good. maybe we will see a new world cup winner or Belgium will win this again. Now I am supporting Belgium :p. I am using FastestVPN to watch FIFA world cup online with bufferless streaming and I am happy with that.

What are your thoughts on dogs attacking people in Bosnia?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Mase wrote:
MichaelRonaldhino77 wrote:Now the world cup is going into semi-final stage lets see who will qualify for the final all 4 teams are good. maybe we will see a new world cup winner or Belgium will win this again. Now I am supporting Belgium :p. I am using FastestVPN to watch FIFA world cup online with bufferless streaming and I am happy with that.

don’t joke mase. it’s a big problem.
should send in this fucker to sort things out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hroat.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:

No wonder he's supporting Belgium
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Cheers fellas, totally agree beefy not one for the faint of heart, however it's my best mate, I was his best man, he is the one person that can do this with me.

We are doing it in my car, diesel C220 auto.

I love these type of trips mate, and for something at the end like you're gonna see, hopefully it'll be more than worth it.

Wish I was there, we want plenty of pics and updates. Shall we start a new thread?

We are 90% there, the wives have given the green light. It's down to the bosses tomorrow, I am a contractor so it's my own money, can't see a problem there. It's down to my mate but he is a senior manager where he is and he said he should be ok. So fingers crossed it's a goer tomorrow.

I will post updates here and on twitter's might be a bit sparce depending on when I am needed to drive. He won't update as he is a rag twat who will be listening to to me review the 2018 season :mrgreen:

Good conversation starter, 'So, Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand think Raheem has been brilliant?'. That'll keep him awake ;-)

Good luck pal.

Cheers beefy. I might not bother with updating the world cup fantasy and prediction leagues. As i am top of both..... Just

Good luck WW.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:16 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:

No wonder he's supporting Belgium

unnamed Belgian Malinois > Hazard
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Danilo limps back home
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Dembele or Witsel at wing-back. This should be interesting
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:25 pm

Wild speculation...but was the Ronaldo signing being announced today some kind of attempt by him to undermine Hazard to make sure he's the bigger star that shines?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum