***england v colombia official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***england v colombia official match thread***

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 am

Can they use VAR to check if the keeper has come off their line in a penalty shoot out?

From what I saw, both keepers were guilty of this and pickford was probably a yard off it for that brilliant save?
Original Dub

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 am

Original Dub wrote:Can they use VAR to check if the keeper has come off their line in a penalty shoot out?

From what I saw, both keepers were guilty of this and pickford was probably a yard off it for that brilliant save?

Havent seen a shout out where both of the keepers stayed on the line until the exact point when the ball is kicked. There is always some forward movement just prior to the striking of the ball, they know they can push it, and it would take a very strong ref to pull them up on it.
If applying the letter of the law VAR would be needed to review every penalty.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:00 am

sheblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Can they use VAR to check if the keeper has come off their line in a penalty shoot out?

Havent seen a shout out where both of the keepers stayed on the line until the exact point when the ball is kicked. There is always some forward movement just prior to the striking of the ball, they know they can push it, and it would take a very strong ref to pull them up on it.
If applying the letter of the law VAR would be needed to review every penalty.

Agree with this, the vast majority of penos the keeper moves off their line before the ball is struck, I think refs just apply a bit of common sense in letting it slide, if a keeper is taking the piss e.g. a couple of yards of his line, then they need to be reined in.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
zuricity wrote:A shockingly bad Referee exacerbated the cheating and dirty play from the Colombians. Where VAR proved to be useless.

I'm probably one of the biggest VAR haters around but I fail to see what VAR missed. Ref was just shite. That's all.

colombian press up in arms about him apparently. blaming him for the defeat! ycmiu!

You sure they didn't blame Sterling?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:15 pm

It showed a still has the ball was kicked and Pickford's foot was still on the line while diving so technically he did no wrong.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

It showed a still has the ball was kicked and Pickford's foot was still on the line while diving so technically he did no wrong.

Yes that's right Beefy but a lot of the other keepers have moved quite a bit in previous shoot outs. I wondered about the VAR thing myself during those, but the linesman stood on the dead ball line 2 yards from goal should be able to spot them!
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Has anything been said about all the cheating, from digging for victory on the penalty spot to the deliberate shoulder barge on Stirling
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:39 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Has anything been said about all the cheating, from digging for victory on the penalty spot to the deliberate shoulder barge on Stirling

I heard it as I was walking out the room but didn't see the incident until today. Fucking outrageous behaviour and was unsure if it was to rile Sterling or in an attempt to get him sent off. Either way, it proved that they deemed Sterling as a real threat and targeted him for some underhand tactics. There was more on the pitch which Sterling handled manfully.

Also heard Maradonna backed Columbia to win and then slated the ref for giving us the game. Was he on a backhander from the cartel, the fat fucking drug addled cunt!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby everyonehatesus » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:16 pm

Yeah just read the article from that fat crack head cunt, as for the game how fifa deal with this will be interesting when teams get files of 20k for being late back onto the pitch
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Yeah just read the article from that fat crack head cunt, as for the game how fifa deal with this will be interesting when teams get files of 20k for being late back onto the pitch

Probably ignore it, just like UEFA did with the Dippers. Nothing to see here, move along please.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum