World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:40 pm

Rashford is fucking shite.

Nice assist from king kev
Original Dub

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Duncan furgeson 2.0 is a walking calamity
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:44 pm

So England failed to beat any team ranked above them and some wankers are making it out like there should be a fucking Gareth Southgate statue erected.

Ridiculous
Original Dub

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Better pass from Hazard and that would have been 3
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:So England failed to beat any team ranked above them and some wankers are making it out like there should be a fucking Gareth Southgate statue erected.

Ridiculous

They should make a statue to ping pong balls since the luck of the draw got them this far
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:So England failed to beat any team ranked above them and some wankers are making it out like there should be a fucking Gareth Southgate statue erected.

Ridiculous

I would replace him. This World Cup has shades of Euro 96 about it in that although we got the Semi Final, the game v Holland aside, in the other games we flattered to deceive a little and we won 2 out of 5 games. Similar story this time round for my money. Southgate has looked out of his depth and comfort zone when the going got tough. Maybe it’s inexperience and maybe he will improve tactically, but I must say I have my reservations.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:09 pm

He's a one trick pony with no 'plan B'. It looks like Kane's world class luck is rubbing off on him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Kane manage to have a shot on target today or not? Missed the second half.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:15 pm

I don't listen to post game commentaries on the English channels that much , but listening to these idiots on ITV is incredible. The ex rags are just simply thick.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Crossie » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 pm

After every World Cup everyone always says, “root and branch rebuild”, play a young team and build up the squad and have some hunger. Well we fucking got that this time, came 4th when every single fucker on here thought we’d play 1 knock out game and go home. We are only a Midfielder unlocker like Gazza away from being genuine contenders in 4 years, when the rest of the squad will be much better. This World Cup did exactly what we needed, rebooted England and prepared for the next 4 years.

Maybe Foden will be that missing piece. Instead of that shit house Delle Ali.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:54 pm

Crossie wrote:After every World Cup everyone always says, “root and branch rebuild”, play a young team and build up the squad and have some hunger. Well we fucking got that this time, came 4th when every single fucker on here thought we’d play 1 knock out game and go home. We are only a Midfielder unlocker like Gazza away from being genuine contenders in 4 years, when the rest of the squad will be much better. This World Cup did exactly what we needed, rebooted England and prepared for the next 4 years.

Maybe Foden will be that missing piece. Instead of that shit house Delle Ali.

Remembering Holland and Italy weren't even in this world cup, and Portugal, Spain, Argentina, Germany, Brasil got knocked out early on - do you genuinely believe England are one player away from being contenders? Add to that Belgium destroyed England today. France would too. Croatia beat you. England failed to beat any team ranked above them and the only other team that scored less goals not from a set piece were Iran.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:08 pm

England finished fourth in the WC. I'll take that. It was an easy route but that's cup football. It always has been. The Welsh were brilliant, apparently, in the Euros but England were, apparently, utter shite. England did beat Wales in that tournament though. They did have one good win only against Belgium with Denayer and Lukaku's brother starting in defence!
I honestly didn't even expect us to beat Tunisia or even Costa Rica prior to the tournament. We have 77 English players starting each week on average in the Prem. The current squad is as weak as I have seen. For me, they have over achieved. Fair play to Gareth. Not world beaters at all but maybe a hint that things may improve.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Bang average , beat a couple of pub teams made hard work of beating an average Columbia minus their best player . Jordan Henderson is fucking shite , Harry Kane a flat track bully who goes missing when up against half decent defenders , Rashford has been ruined by Maureen , Lingard and Deli Alli totally overated . Sterling technically the best player England have but played out of position and gets all the shit off media driven SHEEEEEEEP ! Southgate limited as fuck tactically , resorted to long fucking ball tactics in a World Cup semi what a fucking muppet !!! But the English media have brain washed the SHEEEEEEP everything is ok we did great ............

FUCK OFF , easiest route ever to a World Cup Final and they fucked it up !
Think you called it City64 at the start of the tournament and got slated off a couple of mouthy cunts on here ......... oh well son never mind PMSL
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Why are you always so angry?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Dameerto wrote:He's a one trick pony with no 'plan B'. It looks like Kane's world class luck is rubbing off on him.

Kane has not had a shot on target since the Panama game
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:05 pm

freshie wrote:Why are you always so angry?

Are you supposed to be intelligent and polite on football forums ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Why are people talking about the Belgium game in the Croatia thread?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Crossie » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:35 am

Mase, I said 1 player and 4 more years of experience. What is the point in saying we had an easy route and Holland and Italy were missing? Holland and Italy have both been shit, beaten by teams much worse. I would have loved it if we’d played Italy or Holland, we’d have beaten them. The route had teams who were doing as well as England. Would Germany beg to play Brazil, Spain and Argentina on their way to the final? No and teams make it to semi finals because they have been good enough to get there.

We’ve seen plenty of teams win major tournaments by having a sound game plan. That’s what England had. Do you really give a shit how the World Cup is won? Remember Greece in the Euros? Do you think they cared that they won nearly every game 1-0 with set piece goals? Winners of these competitions use set pieces as a weapon to unlock games.

I didn’t think England were going to win the World Cup this time, even when we went up 1-0 vs Croatia. It was all about building, building was done. Faith is restored and so is belief.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 am

Crossie wrote:Mase, I said 1 player and 4 more years of experience. What is the point in saying we had an easy route and Holland and Italy were missing? Holland and Italy have both been shit, beaten by teams much worse. I would have loved it if we’d played Italy or Holland, we’d have beaten them. The route had teams who were doing as well as England. Would Germany beg to play Brazil, Spain and Argentina on their way to the final? No and teams make it to semi finals because they have been good enough to get there.

We’ve seen plenty of teams win major tournaments by having a sound game plan. That’s what England had. Do you really give a shit how the World Cup is won? Remember Greece in the Euros? Do you think they cared that they won nearly every game 1-0 with set piece goals? Winners of these competitions use set pieces as a weapon to unlock games.

I didn’t think England were going to win the World Cup this time, even when we went up 1-0 vs Croatia. It was all about building, building was done. Faith is restored and so is belief.

I got you.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:14 am

- youngest squad in the tournament
- likeable compared to the shower of dipper and rag cunts that have dominated the squad for the last 20 odd years
- playing some better football
- english development squads in the top 5 at all levels

things are definitely moving in the right direction.

personally, i’ve really enjoyed the last month of football.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum