World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 pm

bigblue wrote:Almost like Southgate never watched the PL season. Raheem is great at running defenders into the ground and scoring in the last few minutes


it is not necessaily about running defenders , they all know that on a chase for the ball, Sterling will be there first .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10494
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18254
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:43 pm

Mase wrote:Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question


No.

But they did better than expected to be fair.
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10494
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby Woodyblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:43 pm

One shot on goal in 120 minutes Kane was garbage
Woodyblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Well, we got what we deserved in the end. After the early goal I really thought we would do it but Southgates limitations were brutally exposed. He made some terrible substitutions and at the wrong times. Croatia were much more lively and had a game plan which they executed well.

Still, a semi final place was much more than I thought we would achieve a month ago. All in all over the tournament we did well and we can hold our heads high.
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14489
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 pm

Mase wrote:Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question


I wouldn't criticise anyone who was out there tonight mate
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14192
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:45 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question


I wouldn't criticise anyone who was out there tonight mate


Kane?
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18254
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Woodyblue wrote:One shot on goal in 120 minutes Kane was garbage


Well the media won't report it.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10494
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Woodyblue wrote:One shot on goal in 120 minutes Kane was garbage


You've played football?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14192
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Someone said just now Kane disappeared, other than two brief moments in this game he's not shown up in the last two games, hardly captain material IMHO.

Failing to put the game to bed first half when modric and co didn't look at the races cost us dearly
Born A Blue

Image
User avatar
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6696
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:33 pm
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 pm

Mase wrote:Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question

Contenders? Yes
Winners? No

We are clapping again
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14489
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question


No.

But they did better than expected to be fair.

Agree with zuricity here. Disappointed to lose, but I expected to reach the last 16 and no more. Nothing has changed my opinion that we have limited creative talent and therefore will not challenge at the highest level.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11019
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:48 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question


No.

But they did better than expected to be fair.

Agree with zuricity here. Disappointed to lose, but I expected to reach the last 16 and no more. Nothing has changed my opinion that we have limited creative talent and therefore will not challenge at the highest level.


Would Phil Foden have done a worse job than Alli tonight?
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18254
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question


No.

But they did better than expected to be fair.

Agree with zuricity here. Disappointed to lose, but I expected to reach the last 16 and no more. Nothing has changed my opinion that we have limited creative talent and therefore will not challenge at the highest level.


Would Phil Foden have done a worse job than Alli tonight?

No. Alli was in full-on Salman Rushdie mode. As was his mate Kane.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11019
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:Well, we got what we deserved in the end. After the early goal I really thought we would do it but Southgates limitations were brutally exposed. He made some terrible substitutions and at the wrong times. Croatia were much more lively and had a game plan which they executed well.

Still, a semi final place was much more than I thought we would achieve a month ago. All in all over the tournament we did well and we can hold our heads high.


Don't write such siht ! Game plan ? Croatia scored two speculative goals, that is not a game plan . Englands fault is the manager , who for no reason felt it was ok to take off the one player keeping croatia at bay . Big cock up.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10494
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question


No.

But they did better than expected to be fair.

Agree with zuricity here. Disappointed to lose, but I expected to reach the last 16 and no more. Nothing has changed my opinion that we have limited creative talent and therefore will not challenge at the highest level.


Would Phil Foden have done a worse job than Alli tonight?

No. Alli was in full-on Salman Rushdie mode. As was his mate Kane.

I think some blame for Ali must be laid at Southgate's door. He was not fighting fit and able to dominate midfield, thus should not have been selected
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14489
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:54 pm

It's not about what club you play for. It is what it is.

Some credit is called for
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14192
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:54 pm

So England and Southgate gave the nation hope then morphed into West Brom and Stoke City for a World Cup Semi Final ............ no wonder we never win fuck all !!!
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:55 pm

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Well, we got what we deserved in the end. After the early goal I really thought we would do it but Southgates limitations were brutally exposed. He made some terrible substitutions and at the wrong times. Croatia were much more lively and had a game plan which they executed well.

Still, a semi final place was much more than I thought we would achieve a month ago. All in all over the tournament we did well and we can hold our heads high.


Don't write such siht ! Game plan ? Croatia scored two speculative goals, that is not a game plan . Englands fault is the manager , who for no reason felt it was ok to take off the one player keeping croatia at bay . Big cock up.

They had more shots than us, ran the midfield and passed the ball about a lot better than us and posed more of a threat in our box than we did in theirs.
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14489
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: World Cup Semi-Final | Croatia v England

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Mase wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:Commentator has just said England are back as contenders.

Do yous genuinely believe that or?

Remembering Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Spain all went out early. Italy didn't even qualify. And England had an easy run to the semis.

Genuine question


I wouldn't criticise anyone who was out there tonight mate


Kane?


It is worrying when you build your team around spurs and ex spurs players.

Even Ramsey dropped Greaves.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10494
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: johnny crossan, Mase, ShimmyShaker, South Stand Balti and 62 guests