Pre Season Tour

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pre Season Tour

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:45 pm

phips wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:I fell asleep mid way through second half

dont blame you. even for a friendly it was a truly awful match

Dortmond treated it like a cup final - the dirty cunts .

i get what youre trying to do but youll have to try harder. they didnt treat it like a cup final and you know that which makes your post even stupider.

youre likely referring to Dahoud's "tackle" on Luiz. very dirty but dont act like anyone out there actually cared about that match.

Jordan Sancho - 'It was nice to see my old team-mates. I am happy we won and happy to play against my old club.

'[b]I had a point to prove and I think I did well in the game[/b].

Do you actually get anything right before you post your drivel, you Dortmund supporting TIT !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:20 pm

Not done bad in the first 10 minutes, keeping to Pep's controlling style.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Outcast » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:53 pm

I'm starting to dislike Sancho the more I hear about the bellend, the media here have you believe he's England's saviour. The hype must have got to his head, he struggled against city's kids nevermind reserve team.

I really really really really hope he doesnt make it and disappear into the abyss.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Outcast wrote:I'm starting to dislike Sancho the more I hear about the bellend, the media here have you believe he's England's saviour. The hype must have got to his head, he struggled against city's kids nevermind reserve team.

I really really really really hope he doesnt make it and disappear into the abyss.

Never really heard of him until is dispute over guaranteed playing time and not really seen anything from him. If he makes it then fair enough and the only thing I will say is that he brought some money into the club when he finally went.

We don't need those sort of players, even if they are good quality.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby phips » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Dortmond treated it like a cup final - the dirty cunts .

i get what youre trying to do but youll have to try harder. they didnt treat it like a cup final and you know that which makes your post even stupider.

youre likely referring to Dahoud's "tackle" on Luiz. very dirty but dont act like anyone out there actually cared about that match.

Jordan Sancho - 'It was nice to see my old team-mates. I am happy we won and happy to play against my old club.

I had a point to prove and I think I did well in the game.

Do you actually get anything right before you post your drivel, you Dortmund supporting TIT !

oh, shoot. you're right. he did treat it like a cup final and how dirty of him to try during the match!

is there any sort of intellect in your posts or is it all just alcohol-fueled, lower class idiocy?
i usually excuse your pathetic rambling in match threads as everyone is in the heat of the moment during the matches but its quite pathetic that that is actually how you think & act on a normal basis.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Outcast wrote:I'm starting to dislike Sancho the more I hear about the bellend, the media here have you believe he's England's saviour. The hype must have got to his head, he struggled against city's kids nevermind reserve team.

He'll be the next Devante Cole.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:This match is the reason why I thought it made sense to not bother doing a tour - considering it was the World Cup - we will not boost our fan base when they get to witness shit games like this one .!!!

Big mistake IMO

I don't really agree, but I hear you.

If you watched the game you heard the crowd, "ooh" and "ahh" when there was good play. There are some quality players or those with potential out there who want to make a good showing to help themselves.

Several "big clubs" are touring as part of this event as they do every summer. Arsenal and other clubs travelled even farther away to participate (Australia, Asia).

Also, playing these bigger clubs, even their reserves side, helps managers better assess players (young, fringe, new) rather than against some local League 1 club away when our players will be miles ahead in talent or even potential and will likely be less motivated to play against such a side in a friendly. These games are broadcast internationally so players get more exposure as well and want to show off a bit.

These tours also generate revenue from the promoters that is also key.
Last edited by PrezIke on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Phips being bullied again?

He's the Raheem sterling of mancityfans
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:24 pm

phips wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:

oh, shoot. you're right. he did treat it like a cup final and how dirty of him to try during the match!

is there any sort of intellect in your posts or is it all just alcohol-fueled, lower class idiocy?
i usually excuse your pathetic rambling in match threads as everyone is in the heat of the moment during the matches but its quite pathetic that that is actually how you think & act on a normal basis.

I think you are confusing me with city64 .
You are quite rightly labelled the Dortmund supporting village clown on this site - you are the little piece of paper that comes out of a fucking Christmas cracker that we all have a giggle at.

You need a friend. https://www.samaritans.org/
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:28 pm

phips wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:

Oi Dortmund cunt , Carl is alright for a good old slanging match but only between blues ! You can fucking do one !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:30 pm

City64 wrote:
phips wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
phips wrote:

Oi Dortmund cunt , Carl is alright for a good old slanging match but only between blues ! You can fucking do one !

Spoken like a true fan.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:50 pm

PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:This match is the reason why I thought it made sense to not bother doing a tour - considering it was the World Cup - we will not boost our fan base when they get to witness shit games like this one .!!!

Big mistake IMO

I don't really agree, but I hear you.

If you watched the game you heard the crowd, "ooh" and "ahh" when there was good play. There are some quality players or those with potential out there who want to make a good showing to help themselves.

Several "big clubs" are touring as part of this event as they do every summer. Arsenal and other clubs travelled even farther away to participate (Australia, Asia).

Also, playing these bigger clubs, even their reserves side, helps managers better assess players (young, fringe, new) rather than against some local League 1 club away when our players will be miles ahead in talent or even potential and will likely be less motivated to play against such a side in a friendly. These games are broadcast internationally so players get more exposure as well and want to show off a bit.

These tours also generate revenue from the promoters that is also key.

I think you missed the point, if Sancho makes it, the media will have a field day, they'll bang on how city don't promote youth and they're better off plying their trade elsewhere. According to them he did the right thing leaving and others at city should follow suit to progress. Sancho has talent but dont think he has the temperament to be a top tier footballer. You cant compare Dortmund to city, they're a mid table club with less pressure to win silverware, for this, their emphasis is focused more on developing youth seeing as they cant compete in the transfer market with the big boys.
Outcast

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Mase wrote:

He'll be the next Devante Cole.

He is miles better than Devante. Still no guarantees but I do think he will make it
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby freshie » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:Phips being bullied again?

He's the Raheem sterling of mancityfans

Except that it’s completely deserved in Phips’ case
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:50 am

So -

What's the next match? City app fixtures refer to Southampton
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zuricity » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:57 am

john@staustell wrote:So -

scouse thursday 2.00 am europe time , i think.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 am

zuricity wrote:
john@staustell wrote:So -

scouse thursday 2.00 am europe time , i think.

Another loss there then
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:22 am

Dippers lost to Dortmund as well. Rags drew with some shite side.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:55 am

london blue 2 wrote:Dippers lost to Dortmund as well. Rags drew with some shite side.

Heard nothing about the rags game which must mean they didnt do well. I expected the PR machine to be telling us they were magnificent in beating a top US side. As they were abysmal and booed off the park we hear nothing at all.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:31 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Dippers lost to Dortmund as well. Rags drew with some shite side.

Heard nothing about the rags game which must mean they didnt do well. I expected the PR machine to be telling us they were magnificent in beating a top US side. As they were abysmal and booed off the park we hear nothing at all.

Yep. BBC were running a live report on both last night. When I checked for results this morning I had to go digging lol.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum