Pre Season Tour

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pre Season Tour

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:55 pm

Outcast wrote:I believe winning your preseason matches is bad omen.

We're getting our losses out of the way early. Solid strategy
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:57 pm

bigblue wrote:GET IN!!!

Bernardo becoming one of my favorite players

Definitely! Think he'll be massive for us this season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:58 pm

I keep forgetting that Bernardo is only 23. He looks older than the other Silva
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:00 am

PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:Definitely think he will add a lot this season. Looks like his ankle is fucked though hopefully nothing too serious. We are looking awful in defence, long ball (a quality one to be fair) - should do better

These kids would have been better off playing against local sides back in the UK IMO.

Because?

Is there no value in seeing these players up against good opposition? Isn't that the point of developing players, to play against better players and see how they perform? They already have shown they can do so against low level opp or they wouldn't be travelling with the first team.

Diaz, Foden, Garcia, Bolton, Harrison, Zinchenko, Gomes arguably Douglas Luiz (at times) all showing some value . Would it have been as worthwhile if they had performed well in some matches against Bury or Hyde or in these games? Young players who want to come to us SURELY must know that preseason friendlies can be a way to get their names out internationally and with other clubs as these games are broadcast worldwide. You think they'd prefer a local game?

Regardless, it just is what it is with these tours. They are not going away anytime soon and, as I heard stated fairly on the most recent 9320 pod by long time CIty fans, arguably all City fans benefit from them.

The club's stature raises with these tours which helps attract the best players. If you want that and want City to compete at the top of the PL and any other competition, this is the way things are now. It's a deal you make being a fan of MCFC today, yet I can see how tough that may be if it was the club you grew up with in a different era before the takeover. Frustrating as that may be, and I respect those feelings, this is the club that it is now and likely will be for some time I gather.

I dont believe going on tour like this when we have 99% of our first team players away, simple as that - it serves little purpose to lose against top opposition IMO.
Young players mixed with first team players helps them develop a lot more than playing without them against top opposition - when you have a seasoned pro playing alongside you they give encouragement and let you know what to do and when to do during matches against the Bayerns of the world.

The only thing they will learn from this tour is the fuckign refs are more embarrassing than a yanks geography knowledge.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:03 am

In other news hoseh I'd having a meltdown after their game. From his quotes it sounds like the start to his 3rd season at Chelsea. Which has put a smile on my face
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:04 am

Grandad Rosler wrote:
PrezIke wrote:BERNARDO! OOf....what a player we have.

Superb finish

And last match put Sane in behind the defence with a fantastically weighted ball for our previous goal.

So, scored and assisted in our last 2 goals with brilliant bits of skill.

And he came off the bench for us last season. Loved how he had a year to bed in, as he had some struggles early on and recall fans starting to question him. Yet by not needing to show as much right away it went more under the radar, allowing him to settle and now is becoming a fan favourite.

Seems to love playing for us (posts quite a bit about it on Twitter) and going to the pub after the title was won didn't hurt his credibility. I also noticed in the first training video posted on the OS that the whole mood of the squad seemed more light hearted compared to the first few vids. Not sure if it was him, but he was directly involved in all of the antics of joking around (some silly hand slapping game they were playing whlist doing a fitness activity) and later a touch game where one to make an error had to run under the sprinkler...was Zinchenko...and something tells me he was involved in starting that.) He seems to have a great character about him.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:04 am

bigblue wrote:In other news hoseh I'd having a meltdown after their game. From his quotes it sounds like the start to his 3rd season at Chelsea. Which has put a smile on my face

If I had a boss like him Id eat my own face off.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:08 am

PrezIke wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:
PrezIke wrote:BERNARDO! OOf....what a player we have.

Superb finish

And last match put Sane in behind the defence with a fantastically weighted ball for our previous goal.

So, scored and assisted in our last 2 goals with brilliant bits of skill.

And he came off the bench for us last season. Loved how he had a year to bed in, as he had some struggles early on and recall fans starting to question him. Yet by not needing to show as much right away it went more under the radar, allowing him to settle and now is becoming a fan favourite.

Seems to love playing for us (posts quite a bit about it on Twitter) and going to the pub after the title was won didn't hurt his credibility. I also noticed in the first training video posted on the OS that the whole mood of the squad seemed more light hearted compared to the first few vids. Not sure if it was him, but he was directly involved in all of the antics of joking around (some silly hand slapping game they were playing whlist doing a fitness activity) and later a touch game where one to make an error had to run under the sprinkler...was Zinchenko...and something tells me he was involved in starting that.) He seems to have a great character about him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blvr_Cogq3n/?hl=en

Yup. I also live how normal he come across in his q and a Instagram posts. I expect big things from him this year. And him, Raheem, Sane, and Jesus are incredible to have in one team.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Outcast » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:09 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:Definitely think he will add a lot this season. Looks like his ankle is fucked though hopefully nothing too serious. We are looking awful in defence, long ball (a quality one to be fair) - should do better

These kids would have been better off playing against local sides back in the UK IMO.

Because?

Is there no value in seeing these players up against good opposition? Isn't that the point of developing players, to play against better players and see how they perform? They already have shown they can do so against low level opp or they wouldn't be travelling with the first team.

Diaz, Foden, Garcia, Bolton, Harrison, Zinchenko, Gomes arguably Douglas Luiz (at times) all showing some value . Would it have been as worthwhile if they had performed well in some matches against Bury or Hyde or in these games? Young players who want to come to us SURELY must know that preseason friendlies can be a way to get their names out internationally and with other clubs as these games are broadcast worldwide. You think they'd prefer a local game?

Regardless, it just is what it is with these tours. They are not going away anytime soon and, as I heard stated fairly on the most recent 9320 pod by long time CIty fans, arguably all City fans benefit from them.

The club's stature raises with these tours which helps attract the best players. If you want that and want City to compete at the top of the PL and any other competition, this is the way things are now. It's a deal you make being a fan of MCFC today, yet I can see how tough that may be if it was the club you grew up with in a different era before the takeover. Frustrating as that may be, and I respect those feelings, this is the club that it is now and likely will be for some time I gather.

I dont believe going on tour like this when we have 99% of our first team players away, simple as that - it serves little purpose to lose against top opposition IMO.
Young players mixed with first team players helps them develop a lot more than playing without them against top opposition - when you have a seasoned pro playing alongside you they give encouragement and let you know what to do and when to do during matches against the Bayerns of the world.

The only thing they will learn from this tour is the fuckign refs are more embarrassing than a yanks geography knowledge.

I dont think its just the prize money that obliges us to tour the states, 'Manchester City' is a marquee brand and there are obligatory commitments to fufil, whether we like it or not, we are a worldwide recognised brand
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:10 am

Outcast wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Because?

I dont think its just the prize money that obliges us to tour the states, 'Manchester City' is a marquee brand and there are obligatory commitments to fufil, whether we like it or not, we are a worldwide recognised brand

I understand all that - I just think that given it was WC year there should have been a clause.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:13 am

I’m wTching the Bayern game live. Haven’t watched any of the rest. Must admit, although I agree with Carl, I’m quite enjoying this.
We may never see them in a first team but, Foden in patches, Diaz more and more, and Bolton throughout have impressed.

Nmecha was unlucky not to score but doesn’t look suited to our one two kind of play.

Mahrez didn’t impress before getting taken off. Hope he just needs to get up to our speed.

All in all, whatever the personnel, we still look like City. I like that.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:15 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:I’m wTching the Bayern game live. Haven’t watched any of the rest. Must admit, although I agree with Carl, I’m quite enjoying this.
We may never see them in a first team but, Foden in patches, Diaz more and more, and Bolton throughout have impressed.

Nmecha was unlucky not to score but doesn’t look suited to our one two kind of play.

Mahrez didn’t impress before getting taken off. Hope he just needs to get up to our speed.

Agree with everything except for Mahrez. Though he's looked great today and in the last game. Thrilled to have him with us.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:19 am

Yes!

Turned into a good game and great job from Foden
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:21 am

Bolton has impressed. Rapid player
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:23 am

Hahah wow, that was wayy offside
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:24 am

bigblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I’m wTching the Bayern game live. Haven’t watched any of the rest. Must admit, although I agree with Carl, I’m quite enjoying this.

Agree with everything except for Mahrez. Though he's looked great today and in the last game. Thrilled to have him with us.

Didn’t see Mahrez up until tonight, so I’ll take your word for it.

City just equalised. Nmecha following a Foden shot in and putting away the goalkeepers spill. Glad for the lad.

I think it shows the difference of having Bernardo in there, amongst the youngsters. I would really like to see a first team with one or two youngsters rather than the other way around. I think you’d really see players develop that way.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:25 am

bigblue wrote:Yes!

Turned into a good game and great job from Foden

FFS, nipped to the bog and missed it!! Assuming it were young Phil that scored?
Last edited by CTID Hants on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:26 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Didn’t see Mahrez up until tonight, so I’ll take your word for it.

City just equalised. Nmecha following a Foden shot in and putting away the goalkeepers spill. Glad for the lad.

I think it shows the difference of having Bernardo in there, amongst the youngsters. I would really like to see a first team with one or two youngsters rather than the other way around. I think you’d really see players develop that way.

Yup - because a team plays to their average. So the youngster will be forced to up his game, rather than the experienced player having to carry the youth
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:27 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Because?

We have Mahrez, Bernardo, Sane, Bravo, Hart, Denayer (been a professional at a CL level club at least) there. ZInchenko had starts in the PL last season and, Foden and Diaz been with the first team to have some knowledge. Pep has the respect and is so hands on and obsessed that I think young players get a lot from him and listen to the feedback on the tour.

It's not the greatest situation with mix of first team and EDS/youth players, but we had so many players at the WC that this is how it is. Again, I think if you ask the players on the tour, the young ones especially, they will like this chance. Also, traveling like this is glamourous and I am sure they are enjoying and can learn from the experience that goes along with being at such a massive club.
Last edited by PrezIke on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:29 am

As good as a bunch of youth players have been, Humphreys, Douglas liuz and tosin aren't good enough
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum