Klopp

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Klopp

Postby zuricity » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:05 am

His little boy wonder , will be marked out of most games this season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:11 am

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:52 am

mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Liverpool have done great business, there's no way denying it. They had a decent team last season and have now addressed their weaknesses by adding some quality players. They'll certainly be a threat this season. We should still be stronger by far, but it is hard to keep the same hunger two season running and retaining a title. I do hope Pep will be able to fire the players up, despite a lack of new players that would mix things up a bit and provide some extra competition within the squad.

Pep started the mental side of this as soon as we wrapped the title up last year. Kept them on their toes about being record breakers and was already talking up the importance of this season and difficulty we will face. He is a shrewd fella who knows exactly what he is doing in the players heads.

I know mate. I still think it's a worry that we've more or less kept the squad intact with the exception for Mahrez. Nevertheless, I do look forward for a more exciting league campaign.

The difference between us and them, we have the mental side on how to get over the line, thats an invaluable expereince, we also have players bought from last season are more settled whom can only get better. Mahrez is a proven premier league winner who can only improve our squad. On the other hand, they cant afford to have any of their new signings flop; if their keeper flops that will be curtains for Floppy.

Despite their hysteria, there is a risk their team wont gel in time to mount a serious title challenge.

I would be more condident if we signed a marquee midfielder to piss on their bon fire.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:15 am

mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Liverpool have done great business, there's no way denying it. They had a decent team last season and have now addressed their weaknesses by adding some quality players. They'll certainly be a threat this season. We should still be stronger by far, but it is hard to keep the same hunger two season running and retaining a title. I do hope Pep will be able to fire the players up, despite a lack of new players that would mix things up a bit and provide some extra competition within the squad.

Pep started the mental side of this as soon as we wrapped the title up last year. Kept them on their toes about being record breakers and was already talking up the importance of this season and difficulty we will face. He is a shrewd fella who knows exactly what he is doing in the players heads.

I know mate. I still think it's a worry that we've more or less kept the squad intact with the exception for Mahrez. Nevertheless, I do look forward for a more exciting league campaign.

I think Yaya was a big weight around our neck the last 2 years. The "I'm really pretending to try but I'm the big man and I hate Guardiola" attitude can't have been good for team spririt.

Sad. But well rid in the end
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:09 am

john@staustell wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I think Yaya was a big weight around our neck the last 2 years. The "I'm really pretending to try but I'm the big man and I hate Guardiola" attitude can't have been good for team spririt.

Sad. But well rid in the end

That's probably a bit of truth to that, although "Uncle Yaya" did seem to have a good influence on the younger players.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 am

BBC doing a “why Allison is worth every penny” click bait article , dipper and rag loving hypocrites, utter disgrace!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am

City64 wrote:BBC doing a “why Allison is worth every penny” click bait article , dipper and rag loving hypocrites, utter disgrace!!!

I don't think he'll flop nor turn out to be great,
Just average at best, I dont think his price tag is justified seeing he's not won any major silverware. We were salughtered what we paid for Ederson but that seems like bargain now. The spotlight is on Allison to deliver which the last thing any goalkeeper wants
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 am

Outcast wrote:
City64 wrote:BBC doing a “why Allison is worth every penny” click bait article , dipper and rag loving hypocrites, utter disgrace!!!

Just average at best, I dont think his price tag is justified seeing he's not won any major silverware. We were salughtered what we paid for Ederson but that seems like bargain now. The spotlight is on Allison to deliver which the last thing any goalkeeper wants

i didn't see anything in the world cup that made me think that he's the best 'keeper in the world....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:45 am

Outcast wrote:

This is true regarding the spotlight, there will be MASSIVE media and fan pressure on them to pick up silverware (mainly the title) this season. The players will be under scrutiny, but also the opposite will happen in certain media outlets, they will paper over any cracks that start to show.

Looking forward to this season, Liverpool are a much better 1st 11 than last year, however, their defence is still there to be destroyed,
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Outcast wrote:

This is true regarding the spotlight, there will be MASSIVE media and fan pressure on them to pick up silverware (mainly the title) this season. The players will be under scrutiny, but also the opposite will happen in certain media outlets, they will paper over any cracks that start to show.

Looking forward to this season, Liverpool are a much better 1st 11 than last year, however, their defence is still there to be destroyed,

Stephen Tudor who writes stuff for city yesterday pointed out that LFC employ writers to write positive PR and produce stats that put LFC in a positive light in world wide media , hence the bullshit “net spend” chart which btw got slaughtered and exposed for what it is yesterday. It Is a fucking disgrace how LFC are trying to control the media and it’s image !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 pm

City64 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Stephen Tudor who writes stuff for city yesterday pointed out that LFC employ writers to write positive PR and produce stats that put LFC in a positive light in world wide media , hence the bullshit “net spend” chart which btw got slaughtered and exposed for what it is yesterday. It Is a fucking disgrace how LFC are trying to control the media and it’s image !

do you realise that the bulk of news you read is 'planted' by pr companies?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 pm

I read an article not too long ago where the London Standard, run by the ex-Chancellor, George Osbourne, were selling positive articles dressed up as news for huge figures.

Positive PR isn't just earned, it's actually paid for. Even the Beeb are at it when they receive more clckscto their positive Rag/Dipper articles, and with their new location you can only imagine what backhanders the Rag fans there get from the Swamp.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I read an article not too long ago where the London Standard, run by the ex-Chancellor, George Osbourne, were selling positive articles dressed up as news for huge figures.

Positive PR isn't just earned, it's actually paid for. Even the Beeb are at it when they receive more clckscto their positive Rag/Dipper articles, and with their new location you can only imagine what backhanders the Rag fans there get from the Swamp.

I thought the BEEB got paid by the number of times they mention 'Brexit' tbh :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I read an article not too long ago where the London Standard, run by the ex-Chancellor, George Osbourne, were selling positive articles dressed up as news for huge figures.

The BBC website has no adverts on it so isn't funded by the number of clicks etc. It's fully funded by the TV licence fee.

Completely agree re commercial websites though
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Nickyboy wrote:

The BBC website has no adverts on it so isn't funded by the number of clicks etc. It's fully funded by the TV licence fee.

.................and the number of times it mentions 'Brexit' 8-)
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Nickyboy wrote:

only in the uk is it advert free
log onto bbc.com and you’ll be inundated with ads
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Nickyboy wrote:

Fully aware mate but they have to prove relevance to get money from the Beebs pot, therefore having to prove their existence. Thus the click-bait Rag/Dipper articles.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:09 pm

I will say it. They are good with him around, but they are lacking something.

Remember Scouse with Roy, Rodgers or even Kenny? Pathetic, mediocre.
With Klopp they are far a superiour squad, but, they are still not there (maybe they will never be), but if they will break and win the league anytime soon, it will be with him in charge.

He looked like a cunt since he came here, but it would be unfair to say that he played no part in the clubs progress, even if he won fuckall.

My only issue is I would like to see the same attitude when they play the rags.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:00 pm

The BBC generates a lot of money outside the UK through advertising .
It is a scam and i am quite sure certain Companies in the IT business and probably employees are pocketing from the absolute crap they have on their non uk webpages.

The need for transparency in dealings is now more than ever necessary to control the monies coming in from advertising outside the uk .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:27 pm

They've spent £70 million on someone who by definition cannot play football. He should fit in well with jordan henderson.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum