Klopp

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Klopp

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Just going to put this out there seeing as the dipper media wankfest is in full flow on how it is ok for them to spend £70 million on a keeper and £75 million on a CB . The same deluded dipper media that is failing to point out that Klopp has spent £337 million and won err NOTHING , ZERO whilst manager of the dippers . Now in the REAL WORLD any manager that has spent £337 million should have WON SOMETHING or expect the sack , so the REAL QUESTION IS ........... how is Klopp still in a job at the dippers ??????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Klopp

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Oh and one city stato on twitter has LFC starting eleven if they sign fekir at a staggering ..................... £540 million !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Fuck klopp and the dippers. Can't stand them. Worse than rags atm.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:17 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Fuck klopp and the dippers. Can't stand them. Worse than rags atm.

Aren't they a Welsh Rock band ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:29 pm

To be fair, we've got to see what happens this season as quite a few of them millions will be soent. However, objectively, you have to say he has underperformed so far. He's had chances to win stuff and even with a hand-up he's failed in his task, when it really mattered. This season, with their acquisitions, you'd suggest that they should do much better, by at least winning the PL or moving a stage further in the CL by winning it. Isn't that the the least that everybody expects when you 'Succeed' in such a manner then spend a couple of hundred million on top?

We won't hold our breath about a team being castigated about spending money but they must appreciate that spending that tyoe of money must, and I mean MUST, bring an element of expectation.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Klopp is 100% nonce
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Mase wrote:Klopp is 100% nonce

Good man.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:30 pm

elon musk thinks he’s a pedo
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Outcast » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:To be fair, we've got to see what happens this season as quite a few of them millions will be soent. However, objectively, you have to say he has underperformed so far. He's had chances to win stuff and even with a hand-up he's failed in his task, when it really mattered. This season, with their acquisitions, you'd suggest that they should do much better, by at least winning the PL or moving a stage further in the CL by winning it. Isn't that the the least that everybody expects when you 'Succeed' in such a manner then spend a couple of hundred million on top?

We won't hold our breath about a team being castigated about spending money but they must appreciate that spending that tyoe of money must, and I mean MUST, bring an element of expectation.

On the positive side, the pressure, the heat and the limelight is on them to deliver
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:06 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

elon musk thinks he’s a pedo

I heard about that yesterday :lol: what a guy Musk is!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:11 am

Outcast wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:To be fair, we've got to see what happens this season as quite a few of them millions will be soent. However, objectively, you have to say he has underperformed so far. He's had chances to win stuff and even with a hand-up he's failed in his task, when it really mattered. This season, with their acquisitions, you'd suggest that they should do much better, by at least winning the PL or moving a stage further in the CL by winning it. Isn't that the the least that everybody expects when you 'Succeed' in such a manner then spend a couple of hundred million on top?

On the positive side, the pressure, the heat and the limelight is on them to deliver

Spot on. The pressure is on big time now. FSG have backed him all the way with big money buys. No excuses now, it's the title or the sack for Mr BOOM.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:02 am

Dippers famous “net spend” chart doing the rounds and getting slaughtered on social media today lol . All it proves is that LFC are a selling club and sell their best players to the highest bidder , City keep hold of our best players . It finally looks like most of the deluded thick scouse cunts are beginning to get it ............
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:53 pm

CLICK BAIT FC
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 am

100% hypocrisy on his part, but too many of their fans don't seem to have the ability to admit this it seems. Surprise.

Something we will be able to bring up, but it will fall on deaf ears as of course we will hear the word "jealous" as a pathetic way to respond instead of admitting they have changed and they were wrong to call us out before. That would be something if they could do it...but that would be too much to ask I gather.

However, the reality is they are very much serious contenders after this window. I'd say clearly our biggest challenger that only may be hurt by not enough time to get used to one another - particularly following a World Cup year - or some strange bit of problems getting along or injuries.

I'm not sure if some of our fans realise how good Keita might be.

He'd be perfect for us, but I know we had different priorities (fullbacks, centre halves, goalkeeper, etc.) when Liverpool showed interest. He's a shorter Yaya-like player in attack of his earlier days who's very composed on the ball, with vision to spot a pass, and ability to score (although not as good as Yaya) , but a Kante/Fernandinho-like player in defence with high work rate, wins the ball back, and really is just a pain in the arse. Oh, and he's 23.

They didn't have someone like him, and now they've also added Fabinho. So instead of Can and Waylandum those two. This is a HUGE improvement in their midfeld and are both suited to Klopp's style of play. Now they have an actual top level keeper as well. Not good news even if their NET SPEND is easily over £100 million over the past year - including Coutinho's sale.

Of course, we also have an incredible amount of talent in our squad, some who will be more used to Pep's sytem and playing together - which gives us an advantage after a WC summer - and quite a few young players who we expect/hope to get better as well. We are the favourites, but the defensive midfield issue is a worry for me, and arguably our most glaring weakness - unless Pep pulls some other master stroke we haven't figure out - as this is the best Liverpool side in ages by quite a bit I think.

Shockingly (wink wink) we will be reading a lot of predictions for Liverpool to win the league, even if it's not entirely clear that it will work as on paper and on the pitch are not the same thing.

However, don't get me wrong. Little would make me happier than to see them completely miss their expectations and become a "flop." :)
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:13 am

Is a complete cunt
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:34 am

You've spelt Flopp wrong.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:04 am

PrezIke wrote:100% hypocrisy on his part, but too many of their fans don't seem to have the ability to admit this it seems. Surprise.

Something we will be able to bring up, but it will fall on deaf ears as of course we will hear the word "jealous" as a pathetic way to respond instead of admitting they have changed and they were wrong to call us out before. That would be something if they could do it...but that would be too much to ask I gather.

However, the reality is they are very much serious contenders after this window. I'd say clearly our biggest challenger that only may be hurt by not enough time to get used to one another - particularly following a World Cup year - or some strange bit of problems getting along or injuries.

I'm not sure if some of our fans realise how good Keita might be.

He'd be perfect for us, but I know we had different priorities (fullbacks, centre halves, goalkeeper, etc.) when Liverpool showed interest. He's a shorter Yaya-like player in attack of his earlier days who's very composed on the ball, with vision to spot a pass, and ability to score (although not as good as Yaya) , but a Kante/Fernandinho-like player in defence with high work rate, wins the ball back, and really is just a pain in the arse. Oh, and he's 23.

They didn't have someone like him, and now they've also added Fabinho. So instead of Can and Waylandum those two. This is a HUGE improvement in their midfeld and are both suited to Klopp's style of play. Now they have an actual top level keeper as well. Not good news even if their NET SPEND is easily over £100 million over the past year - including Coutinho's sale.

Of course, we also have an incredible amount of talent in our squad, some who will be more used to Pep's sytem and playing together - which gives us an advantage after a WC summer - and quite a few young players who we expect/hope to get better as well. We are the favourites, but the defensive midfield issue is a worry for me, and arguably our most glaring weakness - unless Pep pulls some other master stroke we haven't figure out - as this is the best Liverpool side in ages by quite a bit I think.

Shockingly (wink wink) we will be reading a lot of predictions for Liverpool to win the league, even if it's not entirely clear that it will work as on paper and on the pitch are not the same thing.

However, don't get me wrong. Little would make me happier than to see them completely miss their expectations and become a "flop." :)

Good post , can't really disagree with anything there. However, I would add that even though their 1st 11 is looking like a decent side, their depth isn't great. An injury or two in the attacking 3rd and they are relying on Solanke/Ings/Origi and injury prone sturridge who will likely be sold before 9th August.
Wonderwall

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 am

Liverpool have done great business, there's no way denying it. They had a decent team last season and have now addressed their weaknesses by adding some quality players. They'll certainly be a threat this season. We should still be stronger by far, but it is hard to keep the same hunger two season running and retaining a title. I do hope Pep will be able to fire the players up, despite a lack of new players that would mix things up a bit and provide some extra competition within the squad.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:07 am

mr_nool wrote:Liverpool have done great business, there's no way denying it. They had a decent team last season and have now addressed their weaknesses by adding some quality players. They'll certainly be a threat this season. We should still be stronger by far, but it is hard to keep the same hunger two season running and retaining a title. I do hope Pep will be able to fire the players up, despite a lack of new players that would mix things up a bit and provide some extra competition within the squad.

Pep started the mental side of this as soon as we wrapped the title up last year. Kept them on their toes about being record breakers and was already talking up the importance of this season and difficulty we will face. He is a shrewd fella who knows exactly what he is doing in the players heads.
Wonderwall

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:16 am

Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Liverpool have done great business, there's no way denying it. They had a decent team last season and have now addressed their weaknesses by adding some quality players. They'll certainly be a threat this season. We should still be stronger by far, but it is hard to keep the same hunger two season running and retaining a title. I do hope Pep will be able to fire the players up, despite a lack of new players that would mix things up a bit and provide some extra competition within the squad.

Pep started the mental side of this as soon as we wrapped the title up last year. Kept them on their toes about being record breakers and was already talking up the importance of this season and difficulty we will face. He is a shrewd fella who knows exactly what he is doing in the players heads.

I know mate. I still think it's a worry that we've more or less kept the squad intact with the exception for Mahrez. Nevertheless, I do look forward for a more exciting league campaign.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum