***tonight's title decider official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***tonight's title decider official match thread***

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:18 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote:
Foden
Brahim (??)
Garcia
Gomes

Way too early on the last two but im not sold on the first two. both havent taken advantage of their opportunities so far. yes its early on and im not saying get rid of them now--nothing like that--but the early signs arent good imo. Brahim & Foden are the "elder statesman" amongst our youngsters; they really should be running these preseason friendlies. instead, theyre doing nothing--exactly what theyve done theyre entire time with the first team.

I think that's bullshit.
Foden was only 17 playing last year and is only just gone 18 now.
Diaz is not 19 unil 3rd of August.
These two were fast tracked into the EDS and are still younger than the majority of that squad.

They were promoted to the first team squad because they were well above the standard for their age and are seen to have the most potential.
They are no where near elder statesmen of any City squad.

I think he's talking in terms of seniority, rather than age. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Diaz and Foden have made the fourth- and fifth-most outfield player appearances for us of any squad member on the tour (behind Zinchenko, Silva and Sane) respectively.

Perhaps.
Still don’t agree with his summation of what they have achieved or his original post which PrezIke responded to.

I agree with the consensus of what the main aim of the academy seems to be, but these two getting first team game time at 17 & 18 makes them a success story in my eyes.
Producing successful professional footballers seems to be the goal of the academy. Whether they make it with us or not is a different matter.
I think both players have done all they can with the little time they’ve had.

If first team management don’t think they are to be relied upon, then they will make decisions accordingly, like buying in. The stakes are high and modern management is impatient and unforgiving.

Maybe I’m reading Phips wrong but I don’t agree with or like the insinuation that Foden or Diaz are not doing enough. At that age they shouldn’t have to be the go to guys in any senior squad regardless of who else has just been promoted to the tour.

For what it’s worth I’d be very surprised if either of them ever nail down a first team spot with City. But they are definitely the best of their generation and the generation before them also, at City.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:11 pm

2 more weeks then all the plastic cunts can take a back seat ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:11 pm

2 more weeks then all the plastic cunts can take a back seat ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:23 pm

City64 wrote:2 more weeks then all the plastic cunts can take a back seat ........

define a plastic fan for us....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:16 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
City64 wrote:2 more weeks then all the plastic cunts can take a back seat ........

"Synthetically manufactured, hand portable,manually operated personal ventilation implement".
Happy ?
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby sheblue » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:12 am

A plastic cunt. Now there's an idea....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby phips » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:18 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:shit game on a shit pitch with a shit ref with the reserves
what is the point in these tours??!!

while i tend to agree with you about this--specifically this summer's tour--the potential for revenue gain by attracting new American plastics is too high to ignore. the quality of the match itself & the outcome are the least important aspects of these tours; its a glorified training session.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:22 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote: Brahim & Foden are the "elder statesman" amongst our youngsters; they really should be running these preseason friendlies. instead, theyre doing nothing--exactly what theyve done theyre entire time with the first team.

I think that's bullshit.
These two were fast tracked into the EDS and are still younger than the majority of that squad.

They were promoted to the first team squad because they were well above the standard for their age and are seen to have the most potential.

I think he's talking in terms of seniority, rather than age. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Diaz and Foden have made the fourth- and fifth-most outfield player appearances for us of any squad member on the tour (behind Zinchenko, Silva and Sane) respectively.

Perhaps.

not perhaps. that's literally the entire point of that highlighted sentence.

iwasthere2012 wrote:Maybe I’m reading Phips wrong but I don’t agree with or like the insinuation that Foden or Diaz are not doing enough. At that age they shouldn’t have to be the go to guys in any senior squad regardless of who else has just been promoted to the tour.

For what it’s worth I’d be very surprised if either of them ever nail down a first team spot with City. But they are definitely the best of their generation and the generation before them also, at City.

never said they should be go-to guys...nor was i insinuating anything. stop digging into my posts to try to find underlying insults aimed at City or City players. read what i write and take it at face value.

and look here, we actually end up agreeing. i dont think either ever nails down a spot and Diaz wont be a City player by the start of the 2019-2020 season--just a hunch.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:04 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

"Synthetically manufactured, hand portable,manually operated personal ventilation implement".
Happy ?

nice. will go way over 64’s head as well...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:19 am

phips wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote: Brahim & Foden are the "elder statesman" amongst our youngsters; they really should be running these preseason friendlies. instead, theyre doing nothing--exactly what theyve done theyre entire time with the first team.

I think that's bullshit.

Perhaps.

iwasthere2012 wrote:Maybe I’m reading Phips wrong but I don’t agree with or like the insinuation that Foden or Diaz are not doing enough. At that age they shouldn’t have to be the go to guys in any senior squad regardless of who else has just been promoted to the tour.

never said they should be go-to guys...nor was i insinuating anything. stop digging into my posts to try to find underlying insults aimed at City or City players. read what i write and take it at face value.
and look here, we actually end up agreeing. i dont think either ever nails down a spot and Diaz wont be a City player by the start of the 2019-2020 season--just a hunch.

Hahahaha, carry on.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:48 am

phips wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I think that's bullshit.

Perhaps.

I think they are both successes of the academy. I’m still not sure, what you think.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum