Refs 2018/2019

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Refs 2018/2019

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:all the twitter speculation points to him and video involving a dog...

Just as well he didn't referee the Rovers game today
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Some very poor decisions by mister marriner v the sheep shaggers. City's first free kick was the one Big Dave scored. I would say that no other club will go a full half of football without a free kick in the premier league all season. It might happen to us again though.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Some very poor decisions by mister marriner v the sheep shaggers. City's first free kick was the one Big Dave scored. I would say that no other club will go a full half of football without a free kick in the premier league all season. It might happen to us again though.

This was highlighted on MOTD2 last night, their take or rather Ince's take was that the opposition should stand on City player's ankles ( paraphrasing).

Not for a second did they consider that Marriner waved advantage to us on numerous occasions or that Marriner simply missed fouls. Their conclusion was that Hudderfield were too soft on us, I reckon the likes of Billing and Kongolo would dispute that claim.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Some very poor decisions by mister marriner v the sheep shaggers. City's first free kick was the one Big Dave scored. I would say that no other club will go a full half of football without a free kick in the premier league all season. It might happen to us again though.

This was highlighted on MOTD2 last night, their take or rather Ince's take was that the opposition should stand on City player's ankles ( paraphrasing).

Not for a second did they consider that Marriner waved advantage to us on numerous occasions or that Marriner simply missed fouls. Their conclusion was that Hudderfield were too soft on us, I reckon the likes of Billing and Kongolo would dispute that claim.

I was fuming at MotD last night. The majority of the post-match was on how Huddersfield lost the game, rather than us winning. Then that final sequence all about Jane actually scoring in August, just fucking embarrassing!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Michael Oliver seems to be under instructions in the Palace v Liverpool game.
Not just the penalty. Palace were away on the attack, clear through, then pulled back for some nonexistent free.

Considering Milner getting away with going straight through the back of Zaha 2 minutes earlier without getting a free I think there is teamwork going on between the ref and linesmen.

Liverpool were all over them but had looked to have lost the initiative in the last 5-10 mins. then that shite.
Never a penalty no matter what the commentators say. Ref couldn’t give a penalty quick enough.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:03 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Michael Oliver seems to be under instructions in the Palace v Liverpool game.
Not just the penalty. Palace were away on the attack, clear through, then pulled back for some nonexistent free.

Considering Milner getting away with going straight through the back of Zaha 2 minutes earlier without getting a free I think there is teamwork going on between the ref and linesmen.

Liverpool were all over them but had looked to have lost the initiative in the last 5-10 mins. then that shite.
Never a penalty no matter what the commentators say. Ref couldn’t give a penalty quick enough.

the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Michael Oliver seems to be under instructions in the Palace v Liverpool game.

Not seen it but when a ref already has his whistle to his mouth before the person hits the deck, you know something's wrong.

Sky and the PL need to keep this season competitive and what better to have one of their Special teams challenging for the title.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:22 am

Atkinson for Wolves - the perfect Scudamore choice - Aguero will be pleased to see him again I'm sure. :?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Atkinson for Wolves - the perfect Scudamore choice - Aguero will be pleased to see him again I'm sure. :?

shit. guess we're getting our first loss early this season. i wanted to see if we could beat the 21 or 22 unbeaten match run of last season
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:09 pm

Im still fuming from Atkinson,s bent performance in the Etihad derby last season . This is the first time we have had him since then , god help us and Molyneux will be bouncing !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:42 pm

Whistling wankers, I'm fairly sure they won't succeed, just like when they tried in 2011.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:13 am

Yes but we should not have to beat the opp and the ref. The analysts should be all over the injustices. But what can you expect when Gary Neville says things like "...unfortunately Man City are very well run..." on Monday night decussion re Mo and Rags.
When VAR eventually arrives it will help us a lot.

As for the CL and those matches against the Dippers... If the PL implement a policy as blatant as that we cannot finish ahead of the Dippers.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Dimples » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:22 am

Yes but we should not have to beat the opp and the ref. The analysts should be all over the injustices. But what can you expect when Gary Neville says things like "...unfortunately Man City are very well run..." on Monday night decussion re Mo and Rags.
When VAR eventually arrives it will help us a lot.

As for the CL and those matches against the Dippers... If the PL implement a policy as blatant as that we cannot finish ahead of the Dippers.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:21 am

You're right, we shouldn't have to play against the establishment but the majority can see that we are. What's interested me so far is that although we've had the majority of possession, we've been seen to be the dirtier of the teams in the referees eyes, awarding the opposition 23 fouls whilst awarding us just 15. Look at the Huddersfield game, 77% possession, 9 fouls committed by us and only 4 for them; out of them 4 they got 2 yellow cards, we got none. In that game I didn't see anything nasty by us and the majority of fouls seemed to be pretty and not worthy of anything while the referee just played advantage when we were fouled even though it was obvious there should have been further sanction.

We are officiated differently from other teams, that is obvious, and if they carry that forward to games against some of the better clubs it will have an adverse affect.

Not to mention the media affect where they will show inocuous challenges from our players and make them out to be red card issues, such as we send with Sterling during the Arsenal game.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:15 pm

only 2 matches into this season and its maddening to see the agenda against us. the refs are clearly working in opposition to us. we will just have to beat the other team and the ref on our way to the title again this season. im not sure how much more i can take though; the league is bent and the FA are doing their best to determine a champion before the season even begins, and that champion isnt named Manchester City.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 pm

phips wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Atkinson for Wolves - the perfect Scudamore choice - Aguero will be pleased to see him again I'm sure. :?

shit. guess we're getting our first loss early this season. i wanted to see if we could beat the 21 or 22 unbeaten match run of last season

cheer up phips - put yourself in Eddy's legs and feel the confident glow :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:10 am

Interesting that Anthony Taylor had the yellow out for a good while, even went to write on the card Delphi's name and then swapped it for a red against Wigan last season. It's shown very clearly on the doc
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:17 am

Mase wrote:Interesting that Anthony Taylor had the yellow out for a good while, even went to write on the card Delphi's name and then swapped it for a red against Wigan last season. It's shown very clearly on the doc

And the Luiz on Aguero incident with him. Clearly he is getting calls through his ear piece and we will see a lot more of it this season with VAR rumbling along behind the scenes. The problem for me is that they are picking and choosing which incidents to make a call on and you can bet your bottom dollar that the majority of calls will be against us.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Here we go..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:27 pm

The next step for our club's development will be to use our full and every influence we have on introducing VAR in this bent league.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum