this weekend’s other games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: this weekend’s other games

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 am

sheblue wrote:Soft as shit that.
No intention there at all.

People keep mentioning 'intention'. It's irrelevant. The rules do not mention intention, only if it's considered dangerous play.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 am

Absolutely correct. The tackle in its own right was probably a yellow but the fact it denied the Watford player a clear goal scoring opportunity and it was outside the box meant it had to be a red. The ref correctly applied the current laws of the game.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:He denied a clear goalscoring outside the box, he had to go.

Hasn't the rule changed where if you're last man but actually go for the ball it's not a red?

Only if a penalty is given, they decided that the awarding of the penalty provides a goalscoring opportunity so offender doesn't get sent off for denying one.

Outside the box they still deny gs opportunity so old rules still apply.

When I was playing that tackle from Jagielka was fine but nowadays any hint of a lunge and you're in trouble, the challenge itself wasn't worthy of a red in itself even under the new interpreatation but the fact that it was outside the box and denying that gs opportunity makes it a red.

Ah I see. If we're going by the rules that have applied to us, especially two seasons ago whenever Fern went to make a tackle and got sent off every time, then it's a red.

It's a shame football is going this way.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:24 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:He denied a clear goalscoring outside the box, he had to go.

PMSL very funny , very good, like that one , goal scoring opportunity.
Last edited by zuricity on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:28 am

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Hasn't the rule changed where if you're last man but actually go for the ball it's not a red?

Only if a penalty is given, they decided that the awarding of the penalty provides a goalscoring opportunity so offender doesn't get sent off for denying one.

Outside the box they still deny gs opportunity so old rules still apply.

When I was playing that tackle from Jagielka was fine but nowadays any hint of a lunge and you're in trouble, the challenge itself wasn't worthy of a red in itself even under the new interpreatation but the fact that it was outside the box and denying that gs opportunity makes it a red.

Ah I see. If we're going by the rules that have applied to us, especially two seasons ago whenever Fern went to make a tackle and got sent off every time, then it's a red.

It's a shame football is going this way.

That's the frustration, Ashley Young on Aguero for example, red all day under the new interpretation.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am

Mase wrote:

Mase,
Jagielka was in possession of the ball. Admittedly he was unintentionally letting the ball run away from him. However, i don't think he did because he likes tackling players. More that fact that he ain't so good anymore.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 am

zuricity wrote:

PMSL very funny , very good like that one , goal scoring opportunity.

I'm sorry Zuri, had Jagielka not challenged him wouldn't he have been in a one on one with the keeper?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:34 am

zuricity wrote:

I'm sorry Zuri, had Jagielka not challenged him wouldn't he have been in a one on one with the keeper?

I'm not sorry though FIBD, The other player challenged Jagielka because he (Jagielka) was in possession of the ball and it did look like he let it run away. It is not as if the player was steaming in on goal already in possession or latching onto a wunderpasse from KdB , for example. Then you might say last man scenario.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:39 am

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I'm not sorry though FIBD, The other player challenged Jagielka because he (Jagielka) was in possession of the ball and it did look like he let it run away. It is not as if the player was steaming in on goal already in possession or latching onto a wunderpasse from KdB , for example. Then you might say last man scenario.

The attacker was about to nick the overrun ball before Jagielka illegally challenged him which would leave him one on one, we've seen it a million times, poor touch from a defender, attacker nicks in steals the ball and punishes him by scoring a simple one and one.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:01 am

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

The attacker was about to nick the overrun ball before Jagielka illegally challenged him which would leave him one on one, we've seen it a million times, poor touch from a defender, attacker nicks in steals the ball and punishes him by scoring a simple one and one.

However the attacker in this instance didn't nick the ball . Jagielka came out with the ball - he happened to hit the other players foot/ankle too.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:30 am

Zuricity you cannot seriously think that Jagielka came out with the ball. He smashed into the Watford players ankle and didn’t touch the ball. If he hadn’t made the foul then the player had a clear run on Pickford. Clear goal scoring opportunity.
As I’ve said the foul itself was a yellow card but the positioning of the foul meant that the ref had no option other than to send him off according to the current laws of the game. Don’t listen to idiots like Ian Wright who think the laws don’t matter.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 am

Listening to the debate on here, I am starting to have a lot more sympathy for referees!
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:47 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Listening to the debate on here, I am starting to have a lot more sympathy for referees!

Steady on chief
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:47 am

ayrshireblue wrote:Zuricity you cannot seriously think that Jagielka came out with the ball. He smashed into the Watford players ankle and didn’t touch the ball. If he hadn’t made the foul then the player had a clear run on Pickford. Clear goal scoring opportunity.
As I’ve said the foul itself was a yellow card but the positioning of the foul meant that the ref had no option other than to send him off according to the current laws of the game. Don’t listen to idiots like Ian Wright who think the laws don’t matter.

At no time was the wolves player ever in control of the ball.

You cannot assume that it would have lead to a goal scoring opportunity had the wolves player actually won the ball and got away from Jagielka - you don't know how he might have played the ball. How come he didn't actually do anything other than put his foot in the tackle, in what looks like a 50-50 tackle - where Jagielka over reaches.

The ball went forward FOR Jagielka because he (Jagielka) pushed it forward with his leg as it hit his leg.

I don't disgree that he overreached and hit the players foot and ankle, that is clear to see but Jagielka was losing possession and it is very wrong to assume anything like a goal scoring opportunity. Less than two seconds earlier the ball is played to Jagielka. Where was the Wolves scoring opportunity then ? Everton were in possession.

Anyway ,we have seen serious fouls on players. Remember Sane last season where the player was attack from behind and the side ? This was just a Jagielka cough up.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:48 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Listening to the debate on here, I am starting to have a lot more sympathy for referees!

You possibly need a holiday.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby phips » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:22 pm

unfortunately can really only see Manuel getting thrashed today
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 pm

The bin dipper love in has started...nauseating.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm already fucking annoyed and this dipper match hasn't even started yet.

That vomit inducing shit bag song they sing gets me every time.

Come on the hammers!
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:33 pm

And James fucking Milner with his stupid bandaged head.

Ah, it's great to be back :twisted:
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:And James fucking Milner with his stupid bandaged head.

Ah, it's great to be back :twisted:

Does he really have Caulifower ears ? I thought only Rugby players in the scrum got them ? Or was it Ruggie players from the scum ( aka Wooney : I can imagine him putting his head in some dodgy places)
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum