***arsenal v champs official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***arsenal v champs official match thread***

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I don't think there's any eye holes in gundo's mask

And some actually think he slots in if fern is out. Perish the thought.

Point is, when he's covered for Fern he has slotted in and done a good job. Him playing a crock of shit today doesn't alter that.

When was that mate?

Two or three games last season Fucked if I remember against who off the top of my head, but I'm sure you being an avid fan you'll remember.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:55 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Point is, when he's covered for Fern he has slotted in and done a good job. Him playing a crock of shit today doesn't alter that.

When was that mate?

Two or three games last season Fucked if I remember against who off the top of my head, but I'm sure you being an avid fan you'll remember.

He's never done a good job mate. He may have had one good game, i couldn't give you one - he did alright in the cup final last season - but that's about it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

When was that mate?

He's never done a good job mate. He may have had one good game, i couldn't give you one - he did alright in the cup final last season - but that's about it.

Spuds and Swansea last April when Fern was suspended. Did you miss those two games? He might be shite playing as a poor man's Kevin, as a holding MF it's a whole different ball game. Go back and read the reports
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:11 pm

He is no where near ferns level. Point is if we loose fern for any length of time were in a spot of trouble, full fucking stop.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:15 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Spuds and Swansea last April when Fern was suspended. Did you miss those two games? He might be shite playing as a poor man's Kevin, as a holding MF it's a whole different ball game. Go back and read the reports

Yeh must have missed them mate. But for it to take you going back trawling through reports of whether he's had a good match or not says it all. He's been with us two full seasons and you could name two matches.

Not digging you out like you seem to think I am. But if we're being realistic, like 99% of people on here have said, if Fern is out for any period of time Gundo isn't the man to take his place.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:17 pm

sheblue wrote:He is no where near ferns level. Point is if we loose fern for any length of time were in a spot of trouble, full fucking stop.

At the time fern was suspended, that was the general consensus. Gundo played there and did a job, that's a fact. You can slag him all you like, mostly he deserves it, but in Fern's position he was good.
Go back and look at the reports.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Yeh must have missed them mate. But for it to take you going back trawling through reports of whether he's had a good match or not says it all. He's been with us two full seasons and you could name two matches.

Not digging you out like you seem to think I am. But if we're being realistic, like 99% of people on here have said, if Fern is out for any period of time Gundo isn't the man to take his place.

Didn't trawl through anything much, just checked when Fern was suspended. I don't need to check reports, I remember him having two solid performances.
And that's the whole point, it was only two games, because that was the only two he played holding MF, the only two Fern missed.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 pm

We have a winner.

Excellent result, nonetheless. Result of the weekend, I reckon. We went to Arsenal and beat them playing in first gear.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

We have a winner.

Excellent result, nonetheless. Result of the weekend, I reckon. We went to Arsenal and beat them playing in first gear.

Come on now, not half as impressive as red scouse putting four past a shit wet spam side at home
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Spurge » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:36 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Didn't trawl through anything much, just checked when Fern was suspended. I don't need to check reports, I remember him having two solid performances.
And that's the whole point, it was only two games, because that was the only two he played holding MF, the only two Fern missed.

He made 30 apps for us in the prem last season. Our fantastic manager picked him - we won the league. Conversation over.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:44 pm

Spurge wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

He made 30 apps for us in the prem last season. Our fantastic manager picked him - we won the league. Conversation over.

TBH, that's good enough for me.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Spurge wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

The same manager that played Kola as a centre half and called him one of the best defenders he's worked with?

The end.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:49 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

You missed the game against Barcelona the other year when we beat them at our place.

Ultimately though, at least we can both agree Kolarov is missed and is a City legend.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Spurge » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Mase wrote:
Spurge wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

The same manager that played Kola as a centre half and called him one of the best defenders he's worked with?

The end.

Ah ok i retract everything i just said then....
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Spurge wrote:
Ah ok i withtract everything i just said then....

I'm not forgetting that quote any time soon. It's framed on my bedroom wall.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

You missed the game against Barcelona the other year when we beat them at our place.

Ultimately though, at least we can both agree Kolarov is missed and is a City legend.

I didn't miss it, that was one of Gundo's rare mega performances when he wasn't playing holding MF. Gundo as a stand in for Fern was what the conversation was about.
Kolarov is something else again.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:58 am

Gundogan was no more sloppy than anyone else, granted a couple of his poor passes ruined excellent attacking positions for us, maybe that's why people are remembering his slopiness over everyone elses.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:01 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Gundogan was no more sloppy than anyone else, granted a couple of his poor passes ruined excellent attacking positions for us, maybe that's why people are remembering his slopiness over everyone elses.

Exactly. KdB ballsed up some great counters as well with some shite passes.
It's quite natural that we're still rusty. Just remembered that we weren't exactly flying out of the starting blocks last season either, and look how that ended! As long as we grind out the results, I'm fine with rusty for the first few weeks of the season.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ayrshireblue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:53 pm

I’m looking for a picture I saw after the game last week from the 83rd minute showing a City player and he had about six players round him like they do in training. Options everywhere. Does anyone have that picture?
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:23 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:I’m looking for a picture I saw after the game last week from the 83rd minute showing a City player and he had about six players round him like they do in training. Options everywhere. Does anyone have that picture?

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum