Post match thoughts

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Post match thoughts

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Mendy is not a great defender although he did do a few very good things at the back. One block in particular was very important but he can be hit and miss whether he is in the correct position and even then whether he defends well enough. Overall quality though.

As a team I actually think 75% is overstating our performance. Far too many sloppy balls all through the team and I was happy Arsenal weren't at it.. Against a team playing well against us we may not have won. Having said that if they had played better maybe we would have as well.

Loads for Pep to work on

One point PeP made was Mendy was all over the place , he has no fuckign discipline and I can guarantee that PeP will tell him in no uncertain terms to stick to the plan otherwise he will be benched.

I agree , a top team and those mistakes would have cost us 100% - id hazard a guess he will play next week and we will see a huge improvement.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Mendy is not a great defender although he did do a few very good things at the back. One block in particular was very important but he can be hit and miss whether he is in the correct position and even then whether he defends well enough. Overall quality though.

As a team I actually think 75% is overstating our performance. Far too many sloppy balls all through the team and I was happy Arsenal weren't at it.. Against a team playing well against us we may not have won. Having said that if they had played better maybe we would have as well.

Loads for Pep to work on

One point PeP made was Mendy was all over the place , he has no fuckign discipline and I can guarantee that PeP will tell him in no uncertain terms to stick to the plan otherwise he will be benched.

I agree , a top team and those mistakes would have cost us 100% - id hazard a guess he will play next week and we will see a huge improvement.

All over the place, the only position we didn't see him playing in the first half yesterday was in goal..
What was he at. Pep without doubt will have a 'discussion' with him. If he can prise him away from Instagram that is.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Pep agrees with me 100% on the subject of Mendy leaving social media and focusing on playing football .

He was fuckign shit today in defense , regardless of his assist ,he should have been taken off at half time .

Not sure who wouldve played LB then...Laporte?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Pep agrees with me 100% on the subject of Mendy leaving social media and focusing on playing football .

He was fuckign shit today in defense , regardless of his assist ,he should have been taken off at half time .

Is delph injured ? Zinchenko ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Crucial assist by Mendy for the second goal.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:08 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Is delph injured ? Zinchenko ?

Delph not injured just left out of yesterdays squad according to Stu Brennan MEN . Zinchenko not good enough to get in the squad with only Danilo injured .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:21 pm

blues2win wrote:Crucial assist by Mendy for the second goal.

Crucial miss by the ref when mendy grabbed one of their defenders by the neck which would have resulted in a 100% penalty!

Anyway - its obvious to everyone , Mendy included , that he needs to improve on yesterdays performance..its the first game so all is forgiven.

Roll on next week !!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:11 am

I fully expect 21 points from the first 7 matches now
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva