ian’s right

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ian’s right

Postby s1ty m » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:16 am

Liverpool dominated Europe...Indeed, on face value.

Gave Finn Harps are battering they did. My hate for them has ballooned to the point where I started to look at their glorious European domination. Some very easy wins in amongst it...before a ball was kicked.

Anyway, I suspect it's a bit of racism with a sprinkle of jealousy this Raheem stuff. The media though, a cess pit.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:48 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:
Scatman wrote:
Mase wrote:The English media don't want to see a young black guy not from this country doing well.

Mo Farah?

Who's that?

Just googled him. Not really proof that the media aren't racist. Slightly hard to ignore someone that's won all those medals. Interesting that it states the guy doesn't live in this country anymore and has moved to America. Wonder why that is...

Better training facilities?

For what? It says he's 35 and is a long distance runner :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:09 am

Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:Just googled him. Not really proof that the media aren't racist. Slightly hard to ignore someone that's won all those medals. Interesting that it states the guy doesn't live in this country anymore and has moved to America. Wonder why that is...

Long distance runners do train. They also coach when they get to 35. And they work at universities in the States, where the sports system is quite competitive. There aren't that many jobs available for what he does in the UK.

If not, he's a tax exile.

It is very simplistic indeed to suggest that a bloke that has been given a knighthood in the UK would run away because of racism. There is very rarely just one reason for anything.

Re Sterling: does anyone think any of this would be happening if he had joined united?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby patrickblue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 am

If he joined the rags, I suspect all the media attention would be on moaning mo and klipperty.
I wouldn't imagine Sterling would get much attention at all, bar some media hack inventing a story about him being a boyhood rag fan, dream come true blah blah.
And on the subject of NT's post, I believe it would certainly still be happening if he was white.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:24 am

I'm trying to come up with comparable transfers to see if there's a pattern.

The two that come to mind are Ashley Cole to Chelsea, from what I can recall he got similar treatment to Sterling but I don't believe at the same level?

And the second one is Torres to Chelsea, again some stick but nowhere near the level of persecution Sterling is subjected to.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:31 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:Just googled him. Not really proof that the media aren't racist. Slightly hard to ignore someone that's won all those medals. Interesting that it states the guy doesn't live in this country anymore and has moved to America. Wonder why that is...

Long distance runners do train. They also coach when they get to 35. And they work at universities in the States, where the sports system is quite competitive. There aren't that many jobs available for what he does in the UK.

If not, he's a tax exile.

It is very simplistic indeed to suggest that a bloke that has been given a knighthood in the UK would run away because of racism. There is very rarely just one reason for anything.

Re Sterling: does anyone think any of this would be happening if he had joined united?

FYI one of the top stories when you Google Mo Farrah is of him claiming racisim in Europe.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:35 am

patrickblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Is the Liverpool cult's reach really that strong that they have the power to cause that amount of resentment? The media persecute him just because he left Liverpool for City?

Is there an anti City element to it?

Of course there is. He left salt of the earth underdogs Liverpool, the side that dominated Europe and (according to the script) achieved all their success by good honest graft and never dreamed of buying success, to go to the upstarts "moneybags" City, with their soiled oil money thrown around by a bunch of dodgy arabs.
The only racism (apart from the pond life with an already racist agenda poking their oars in) is not aimed at Sterling, but our owners.

And of course, they are always the victims.

For me, there's not just one or two elements here, there's lots of individual issues mingled in as people jump on the bandwagon. It started with the Dippers doing a number on him which made him enemy number 1. Other fans then used it to target him during games which led to a wider spread, mainly popularised by the Sun and the Mail. This then brought the Little Englander to the fore and whatever chip they had on their shoulder, bigotry, racism, take your pick, meaning that the majority of the UK now had some sort of beef with Raheem.

However, this all stems from Raheem leaving the Dippers for us. That transfer really hurt them in a way that none of us could fathom. It was the point that the 'Istree clubs realised that they were no longer the top dogs in the league. They'd used bravado and smokescreens to hide the fact that they had reverted in footballing value but the transfer of Raheem to us, not to Barca, Real etc, was the biggest wake up call for them.

Anybody notice how the stories of NOS and shisha only surfaced once the club were certain he was leaving them. And the 'Lots of kids/Love Rat' business, concocted and peddled further even though Raheem strenuously denied it?

Ian Wright is right in a way but fails to bring the real culprits to task, and those are the ones who he rubs shoulders with on a daily basis.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:52 am

Was Sterling not racial absused and assaulted last year when turning up for training?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:52 am

Mase wrote:FYI one of the top stories when you Google Mo Farrah is of him claiming racisim in Europe.

Yeah, that is news to me. Nice one.

I googled him myself and on the second page found one story about racism at Munich airport.

I also found this:

https://www.flotrack.org/articles/60316 ... -to-london
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 am

Mase wrote:Was Sterling not racial absused and assaulted last year when turning up for training?

Yes, he was, by some fucking arsehole who has hopefully been punished appropriately.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:56 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Mase wrote:FYI one of the top stories when you Google Mo Farrah is of him claiming racisim in Europe.

Yeah, that is news to me. Nice one.

I googled him myself and on the second page found one story about racism at Munich airport.

I also found this:

https://www.flotrack.org/articles/60316 ... -to-london

Took him long enough. 6 years in America and then moved back because of fears that with him being born in Somalia that Trump would have him deported.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Is the Liverpool cult's reach really that strong that they have the power to cause that amount of resentment? The media persecute him just because he left Liverpool for City?

Of course there is. He left salt of the earth underdogs Liverpool, the side that dominated Europe and (according to the script) achieved all their success by good honest graft and never dreamed of buying success, to go to the upstarts "moneybags" City, with their soiled oil money thrown around by a bunch of dodgy arabs.
The only racism (apart from the pond life with an already racist agenda poking their oars in) is not aimed at Sterling, but our owners.

For me, there's not just one or two elements here, there's lots of individual issues mingled in as people jump on the bandwagon. It started with the Dippers doing a number on him which made him enemy number 1. Other fans then used it to target him during games which led to a wider spread, mainly popularised by the Sun and the Mail. This then brought the Little Englander to the fore and whatever chip they had on their shoulder, bigotry, racism, take your pick, meaning that the majority of the UK now had some sort of beef with Raheem.

However, this all stems from Raheem leaving the Dippers for us. That transfer really hurt them in a way that none of us could fathom. It was the point that the 'Istree clubs realised that they were no longer the top dogs in the league. They'd used bravado and smokescreens to hide the fact that they had reverted in footballing value but the transfer of Raheem to us, not to Barca, Real etc, was the biggest wake up call for them.

Anybody notice how the stories of NOS and shisha only surfaced once the club were certain he was leaving them. And the 'Lots of kids/Love Rat' business, concocted and peddled further even though Raheem strenuously denied it?

Ian Wright is right in a way but fails to bring the real culprits to task, and those are the ones who he rubs shoulders with on a daily basis.

You've explained it better than me, but that's exactly how I see it.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

That is it in a nut shell.

It's admirable that Wright would point out the completely unfair treatment Sterling has gotten since he left Liverpool, but it goes to show exactly how much power the dippers have in the media when no one to this date has pointed the finger directly at them.

Not one person in the media has said that Liverpool are to blame.

It's a case of "not our fault" all over again. They cause grief, then play victim. It's what they do.
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:14 am

Mase, no-one's saying racism isn't involved, just that it's not the driving factor. There's racists everywhere, and they'll use anything as an excuse.
Mo Farrah is right claiming there racism is rife in Europe and is right to draw attention to it, but the fact is, he's black, a winner, and generally loved and venerated by the mainstream UK media and general British public.
Raheem is black, a winner, and persecuted and reviled by the mainstream UK media and general British public.
There's a different agenda with Sterling, and it's the elitist snobbery of the istree clubs and their hangers on.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:26 am

patrickblue wrote:Mase, no-one's saying racism isn't involved, just that it's not the driving factor. There's racists everywhere, and they'll use anything as an excuse.
Mo Farrah is right claiming there racism is rife in Europe and is right to draw attention to it, but the fact is, he's black, a winner, and generally loved and venerated by the mainstream UK media and general British public.
Raheem is black, a winner, and persecuted and reviled by the mainstream UK media and general British public.
There's a different agenda with Sterling, and it's the elitist snobbery of the istree clubs and their hangers on.

The agenda came from Liverpool - a club that's racist as fuck. So I'd say initially it was the driving factor.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:49 am

To be fair, Liverpool do have form and history when it involves racism. All you have to do is look to when Suarez racially abused Evra. It was indefensible to all with eyes, yet, the Scouse agenda was to support Suarez no matter what, even though it was blatantly evident he was guilty!

I seem to recall that the immediate response was to support Suarez rather than immediately and publicly condemn any sort of racist behaviour. All they did instead was turn a blind eye to it all. Horrible cunts!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby aaron bond » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:59 am

pepsi_dave wrote:To be fair, Liverpool do have form and history when it involves racism. All you have to do is look to when Suarez racially abused Evra. It was indefensible to all with eyes, yet, the Scouse agenda was to support Suarez no matter what, even though it was blatantly evident he was guilty!

I seem to recall that the immediate response was to support Suarez rather than immediately and publicly condemn any sort of racist behaviour. All they did instead was turn a blind eye to it all. Horrible cunts!

The Liverpool players all wore t-shirts with Suarez’s face on when they warmed up before their next game.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby fangsanalsatan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:The dipper thing started it, but our racist media (The Mail & Sun) have run with it.

Pretty much. Anyone who dismisses racism as part of the whole thing is gullible af. The gutter press are running with it because they know their readers are bigots, ageist tories and by and large witless troglodytes so they try to milk every single shilling from them by giving them nonsense about the black greedy Jamaican kid doing the opposite of what every single one of them might perceive as the ideal lifestyle. The racist drunk waster will be seething with envy reading a bullshit story of Raheem driving a nice car and having some ice cream after being labeled a world cup 'failure' and the stuck up posh bigot will denounce him for shopping at Primark. Everyone gets a mouthful of their favourite shit and the toilet papers who shovel it make a killing. It doesn't matter if these stories contradict themselves, because some group will always lap it up. One day he's a flash wanker for buying his mum a shiny sink and the next a cheap bastard for flying Easyjet. Where bigotry, racism, ageism and other kinds of discrimination are involved, logic goes out the window.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:The dipper thing started it, but our racist media (The Mail & Sun) have run with it.

Pretty much. Anyone who dismisses racism as part of the whole thing is gullible af. The gutter press are running with it because they know their readers are bigots, ageist tories and by and large witless troglodytes so they try to milk every single shilling from them by giving them nonsense about the black greedy Jamaican kid doing the opposite of what every single one of them might perceive as the ideal lifestyle. The racist drunk waster will be seething with envy reading a bullshit story of Raheem driving a nice car and having some ice cream after being labeled a world cup 'failure' and the stuck up posh bigot will denounce him for shopping at Primark. Everyone gets a mouthful of their favourite shit and the toilet papers who shovel it make a killing. It doesn't matter if these stories contradict themselves, because some group will always lap it up. One day he's a flash wanker for buying his mum a shiny sink and the next a cheap bastard for flying Easyjet. Where bigotry, racism, ageism and other kinds of discrimination are involved, logic goes out the window.

agree. good post.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:00 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:

Well that's told all of us then hasn't it...its 100% racist and there is no other reason.

Lets lock this thread now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum