ian’s right

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

ian’s right

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:04 pm

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: ian’s right

Postby Scatman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45177178

Maybe but it's not the only reason is it?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:26 pm

The English media don't want to see a young black guy not from this country doing well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:26 pm

Ian's right.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Definitely an element of this.

Mostly due to the dippers though, they have a lot to answer for.

His exit hurt them and coincided with all this stuff kicking off, their influence in the media has caused a huge chunk of this because the average joe is influenced by the media so much.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Scatman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Mase wrote:The English media don't want to see a young black guy not from this country doing well.

Mo Farah?
Scatman

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:10 pm

I know a number of people that hate Razza. They would have been mighty pissed if he had scored the winner in the WC final for England even though they are English. But in every case it's because he left the dippers and not one of them is a racist. The media have stirred up and promoted the resentment. They have fed it. I've always taken that to be based on their love for the dippers too. VVD was a shit house with Southampton when he left but the media left him alone. Rashford is the new Messi and Lingard was woeful against Tunisia but nothing in the media. Why just be racist against Razza?
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I know a number of people that hate Razza. They would have been mighty pissed if he had scored the winner in the WC final for England even though they are English. But in every case it's because he left the dippers and not one of them is a racist. The media have stirred up and promoted the resentment. They have fed it. I've always taken that to be based on their love for the dippers too. VVD was a shit house with Southampton when he left but the media left him alone. Rashford is the new Messi and Lingard was woeful against Tunisia but nothing in the media. Why just be racist against Razza?

Agree with that totally.
I've never really understood why people have seen it as racist, it's all a continuation of the shit that was flung when he left the dippers.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:24 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I know a number of people that hate Razza. They would have been mighty pissed if he had scored the winner in the WC final for England even though they are English. But in every case it's because he left the dippers and not one of them is a racist. The media have stirred up and promoted the resentment. They have fed it. I've always taken that to be based on their love for the dippers too. VVD was a shit house with Southampton when he left but the media left him alone. Rashford is the new Messi and Lingard was woeful against Tunisia but nothing in the media. Why just be racist against Razza?

Wrong type of black?

I think it's a combination of the Liverpool bullshit and there's an element of racism in there too.

When he was at Liverpool he was a tabloid target, hippy crack, alleged woman beating and claims that he had 3 kids by 19 or some bollox like that.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 pm

I know a lot on here say it’s racism and maybe we don’t see that as much over here, but I’m with South Stand on this one.
I think the evidence is irrefutable.
It all went into overdrive with him leaving the Dippers even if there was the odd story about him while he was there. My recollection is that the media loved him in the SAS.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:39 pm

It's not racism. It's very easy to classify a lot of stuff as racism.
He left the media darlings to play for big bad man city. Imagine if we signed Salah or Mane just imagine the shit they would get as well. He was seen as their leading light, a big part of their future and we stole it, he left. If he was still there none of this would be happening.
So it's not racism it's resentment.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Is the Liverpool cult's reach really that strong that they have the power to cause that amount of resentment? The media persecute him just because he left Liverpool for City?

Is there an anti City element to it?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby patrickblue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Is the Liverpool cult's reach really that strong that they have the power to cause that amount of resentment? The media persecute him just because he left Liverpool for City?

Is there an anti City element to it?

Of course there is. He left salt of the earth underdogs Liverpool, the side that dominated Europe and (according to the script) achieved all their success by good honest graft and never dreamed of buying success, to go to the upstarts "moneybags" City, with their soiled oil money thrown around by a bunch of dodgy arabs.
The only racism (apart from the pond life with an already racist agenda poking their oars in) is not aimed at Sterling, but our owners.

And of course, they are always the victims.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:40 pm

100% spot on .

He left the dippers and the victims have been vile ever since he left .

That’s the only reason he gets the shit he gets .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:01 pm

The dipper thing started it, but our racist media (The Mail & Sun) have run with it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:05 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:The dipper thing started it, but our racist media (The Mail & Sun) have run with it.

I can’t go with racist as they would have been dissed out ages ago - I think the word is Agenda .... they 100% have one .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:35 am

Scatman wrote:
Mase wrote:The English media don't want to see a young black guy not from this country doing well.

Mo Farah?

Who's that?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:46 am

Mase wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Mo Farah?

Who's that?

Just googled him. Not really proof that the media aren't racist. Slightly hard to ignore someone that's won all those medals. Interesting that it states the guy doesn't live in this country anymore and has moved to America. Wonder why that is...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 am

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Mo Farah?

Who's that?

Just googled him. Not really proof that the media aren't racist. Slightly hard to ignore someone that's won all those medals. Interesting that it states the guy doesn't live in this country anymore and has moved to America. Wonder why that is...

Better training facilities?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:45 am

blablabla...

IT WOULDN’T BE HAPPENING IF HE WAS WHITE
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum