spuds stadium shambles

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: spuds stadium shambles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Fullartj wrote:One of my mates is a safety engineer and he is working on the stadium. I met him for a couple of pints the other week and he said that it could be Christmas before the stadium is finished. He told me that in the press Spurs are saying that the reason for the delay is due to health and safety which is a complete bollox as the construction work on the stadium hasn't finished and you cant do a safety check until all works have ceased.

i know who jeremy corbyn and, our very own, bluemoon would blame for all this...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:03 pm

They didn't sign anyone in the summer did they not?
Looks like this stadium will be a mill stone.
Bit like their good friends arsenal.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Fullartj wrote:One of my mates is a safety engineer and he is working on the stadium. I met him for a couple of pints the other week and he said that it could be Christmas before the stadium is finished. He told me that in the press Spurs are saying that the reason for the delay is due to health and safety which is a complete bollox as the construction work on the stadium hasn't finished and you cant do a safety check until all works have ceased.

i know who jeremy corbyn and, our very own, bluemoon would blame for all this...

Blame who?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby ruralblue » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:58 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Blame who?

Raheem Sterling!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby s1ty m » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:57 am

ruralblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Blame who?

Raheem Sterling!

Obviously.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:05 am

One of our engineers at work who's another ST holder of the spuds has been shooting video updates on a drone of the stadium build as he lives around the corner, his latest being a few days ago, you can see that there is certainly more than 8 weeks work left!!!

He has to be careful not to fly his drone directly over the building site but the video does give a great insight to the build.

If you have the time go back through his previous videos to see the progression, it's quite interesting watch.

Watch on youtube.com
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:40 am

CTID Hants wrote:

One of our engineers at work who's another ST holder of the spuds has been shooting video updates on a drone of the stadium build as he lives around the corner, his latest being a few days ago, you can see that there is certainly more than 8 weeks work left!!!

He has to be careful not to fly his drone directly over the building site but the video does give a great insight to the build.

If you have the time go back through his previous videos to see the progression, it's quite interesting watch.

Watch on youtube.com

Really impressive Stadium, will be the best in the league IMO. I like Arsenals stadium, but this is next level and looks great.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:52 am

Wonderwall wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

Really impressive Stadium, will be the best in the league IMO. I like Arsenals stadium, but this is next level and looks great.

shame that the area is an absolute shit hole
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:09 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Was in a taxi going through Tottenham the other month. Thought it was a third world country.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:34 am

Absolute shithole , be ok for American football though . Another cockney football club that has lost its soul after redevelopment, fuck em !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Was in a taxi going through Tottenham the other month. Thought it was a third world country.

3rd world almost makes the area sound ok.
it's fucking grim, proper fucking ghetto country.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

You want to try southall mate!!!!! That is most definitely a shit hole
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:55 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

You want to try southall mate!!!!! That is most definitely a shit hole

both areas have something in common
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:07 pm

It's only a model.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:51 pm

zuricity wrote:It's only a model.

what are you on about?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:44 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:It's only a model.

what are you on about?

Ok, i suggest you SLOWLY do some easy research and google the phrase. That Revered Shrine Arthur seeks - Camalot..

I guess you don't do humour .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

Is that why it looks like a giant sphincter from the air.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Just watching the Panthers -Dallas game
Still in the second Qtr and the pitch is cut to fuck already,
Madness to play a football game a day after
an NFL game
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby globalbollox » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:27 pm

https://youtu.be/JmeljNpIV1k

From Page 4 for Carolina ;)
globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:56 pm

globalbollox wrote:https://youtu.be/JmeljNpIV1k

From Page 4 for Carolina ;)

TBF that’s pretty impressive But it’s not Wembley
Where we have to play them the day after an NFL game . Or does Wembley have one as well ?
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum