lets all laugh at liverpool thread?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: congratulations liverpool thread?

Postby bigblue » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:59 pm

john@staustell wrote:Their bottoms are squeaking relentlessly

scousy bum time
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:15 pm

john@staustell wrote:Their bottoms are squeaking relentlessly

Matches their voices. And shite comes out of both of them
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:19 pm

dazby wrote:How's the reaction over there today? Are they still being gobby, or have they gone to hide under a rock?

My Dipper-supporting mate told me that them winning the league would be "the most outstanding sporting achievement of all time" this morning. Other key phrases included "financial doping" and "the anti-Liverpool media tipped City to run away with the league by 30 points".

When I mocked Aldgridge and his punditry, he called him "insignificant", so broken clock and all that...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:43 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
dazby wrote:How's the reaction over there today? Are they still being gobby, or have they gone to hide under a rock?

My Dipper-supporting mate told me that them winning the league would be"the most outstanding sporting achievement of all time" this morning. Other key phrases included "financial doping" and "the anti-Liverpool media tipped City to run away with the league by 30 points".

When I mocked Aldgridge and his punditry, he called him "insignificant", so broken clock and all that...

And then they wonder why nobody wants to see them win it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby dazby » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 pm

To be fair though, to beat our side currently to a league title would be an amazing achievement. If they can get over the line, it'll be pretty massive.

But they won't. So there.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:31 am

dazby wrote:To be fair though, to beat our side currently to a league title would be an amazing achievement. If they can get over the line, it'll be pretty massive.

It's not really an achievement when you're scoring offside goal after offside goal and given penalties for nothing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:33 am

How many Liarpool shell suits are being sent back today, hey hey hey !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:35 am

Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:To be fair though, to beat our side currently to a league title would be an amazing achievement. If they can get over the line, it'll be pretty massive.

It's not really an achievement when you're scoring offside goal after offside goal and given penalties for nothing.

Absolutely. It is completely false. If they didn't benefit from cheating their way through all of their games they would be at least 10 points worse off. Cheating and luck has gotten them this far.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:34 am

From the Liverpool Echo today.

Unity certainly is strength and Anfield on its day, or night, can be a cauldron of support but, Spion Kop noted the 'nervousness' among fans as Jurgen Klopp's side edge closer to ending a 29-year wait for a league title.

With six home games left to play in the league, Spion Kop are calling on the supporters to 'get in early' and 'make a difference': "Let's make sure Anfield is as good as we know it can be. Flags, scarves, rattles, voices, shouting, whistling. Anything we can do to make a difference for the players.

"On Saturday let's all get in the ground early and show these players we are behind them from the warm-up. We've seen the effect this has had in the past, on our own players and on the opposition. Let's get in early and enjoy the best Liverpool team in recent years."

Keep the pressure on em and they will fall apart.................... #DELUDED
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:15 am

As a matter of interest, I wonder how many of the thickoes know where the name 'Spion Kop' comes from?

Really appropriate that it comes from one of the British Army's most notable debacles, caused almost entirely by poor leadership and management :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:29 am

john@staustell wrote:As a matter of interest, I wonder how many of the thickoes know where the name 'Spion Kop' comes from?

Really appropriate that it comes from one of the British Army's most notable debacles, caused almost entirely by poor leadership and management :D

Lol nice one - always the victims lol
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:38 am

carolina-blue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:As a matter of interest, I wonder how many of the thickoes know where the name 'Spion Kop' comes from?

Lol nice one - always the victims lol

If only we had a player by the name of Schalk Burger
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Outcast » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:57 am

Hazy2 wrote:From the Liverpool Echo today.

Unity certainly is strength and Anfield on its day, or night, can be a cauldron of support but, Spion Kop noted the 'nervousness' among fans as Jurgen Klopp's side edge closer to ending a 29-year wait for a league title.

With six home games left to play in the league, Spion Kop are calling on the supporters to 'get in early' and 'make a difference': "Let's make sure Anfield is as good as we know it can be. Flags, scarves, rattles, voices, shouting, whistling. Anything we can do to make a difference for the players.

"On Saturday let's all get in the ground early and show these players we are behind them from the warm-up. We've seen the effect this has had in the past, on our own players and on the opposition. Let's get in early and enjoy the best Liverpool team in recent years."

Keep the pressure on em and they will fall apart.................... #DELUDED

No candles :lol: ??
Outcast

Postby Outcast » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:09 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

My Dipper-supporting mate told me that them winning the league would be"the most outstanding sporting achievement of all time" this morning. Other key phrases included "financial doping" and "the anti-Liverpool media tipped City to run away with the league by 30 points".

Febinho didn't cost them around £40m, Keita didn't cost around £60m, Allison didn't cost around £70m, Firmino didn't cost £30m, Van dick didn't set them back over £70m and so on. All their players play for free, for the shirt, for the town, for the people. It's nothing short of miracle of they win it with all their players graduated from their academy. How ironic they turned a blind eye and justified their spending this season. No one wants these fuckers to win it for their two faced hypocrisy and self righteous . I fucking hate them more than any club on this planet, dare I say they've over taken manure by a country mile.
Outcast

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:48 pm

It's going to be interesting that's for sure. The media are going to lap up the fact that the top position keeps changing. The fact that red scouse have had a very favorable set of decisions for the best part of a season will count for fuck all if they win it - they won't care just as we wouldn't. Time to crack on and keep getting our results - continue winning and we will win it with a couple of games spare
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Justified logic » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Tuesday morning, one of those talkSPORT money for correct answers quizzes...

Name five of the ten teams that have faced the most shots on target this season (£100 per correct answer, with an extra £500 for the fifth correct answer)

Red scouser: "Liverpool"
Max Rushden (for I think it was he): "No"
RS: "Manchester United"
MR: "No"
RS: "Manchester City"
RS: "Arsenal"
RS: "Chelsea"
RS: "Spurs"
RS: "Er... um... er... I can't think of any other teams..."

Tbh, I don't think he could remember all those other five even.

talkSPORT yesterday morning, a ding-dong argument between a blue scouser and a red scouser over losing to spoil your rival's chance of winning the PL...

Red scouser (a different one): "I don't even think about any team other than Liverpool."

I say a different one, but they're all from the same malformed mould. Deluded gutter-scum
Justified logic

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Who's fault is it today?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mendyandmakedo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Personally I think they've pushed themselves in the first half of the season - 7 points dropped in their last 6 matches, shows that they are regressing to the mean.

We'll be there to pick up the pieces when the wheels fall off of the Liverpool wagon.
Mendyandmakedo
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm

Outcast wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Febinho didn't cost them around £40m, Keita didn't cost around £60m, Allison didn't cost around £70m, Firmino didn't cost £30m, Van dick didn't set them back over £70m and so on. All their players play for free, for the shirt, for the town, for the people. It's nothing short of miracle of they win it with all their players graduated from their academy. How ironic they turned a blind eye and justified their spending this season. No one wants these fuckers to win it for their two faced hypocrisy and self righteous . I fucking hate them more than any club on this planet, dare I say they've over taken manure by a country mile.

Poor Liverpool doing it on a shoestring

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:25 pm

sheblue wrote:Who's fault is it today?

Raheem's.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum