lets all laugh at liverpool thread?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: nothing but respect for liverpool thread*

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Outcast wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Outcast wrote:The dippers are poor at managing a season, all gun ho, full of energy, blitz blitz, I can see them ruuning out of gas close to end of the season. Their obsession trying to over take us could wear them down

Traditionally yes, but don’t think they’re trying to win games in the first 20 minutes, like last year.
It’s a bit different than last year.
But I still think we’ll see what they’re really made of when they collect a few injuries through the season. Particularly to key players like Salah.

We’ve got used to being without Kun for about a third of a season for the last few years. Could they cope without Salah?

I’m not so sure.

I beg to differ, the dippers don't play posession football, they are all about counter attack, probably the best prem team at countering. High press, energy, counter atrack vs our high press posession football, only time will tell which one comes out on top. I hope we give them the ball in their half when we play them, let them have the posession then counter attack them, if we go down this route it wi certainly disrupt their rhythm.

I agree they are more solid at the back this season, they haven't been tested though, the teams they beat so far are ones they beat last season.

I hope the fuckers stutter soon

Agree with all of above but they are not going hell for leather at the start and running out of steam like last year.

Having said that they looked very average today but if they are gifted goals like BHA gave them and the ref last week, they are stronger this year and I feel are conserving energy better than they did.
You can see them scoring plenty in the last ten minutes as teams stretch themselves to get an equaliser.
They did last week and almost did today but looked to be s bit off it.

Two weeks in a row now they gave ground out wins that last year you wouldn’t bet on them doing it.

Their squad is stronger. Their subs better.
Their keeper is better.
It’s early days and they will get giddy as they are built up. Let’s see them get a set back of injury and deal with it.

I think if they concentrate on the league they’ll be a threat. If they think they can go for everything I think they’re in for s shock.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Outcast » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:39 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Outcast wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Outcast wrote:The dippers are poor at managing a season, all gun ho, full of energy, blitz blitz, I can see them ruuning out of gas close to end of the season. Their obsession trying to over take us could wear them down

Traditionally yes, but don’t think they’re trying to win games in the first 20 minutes, like last year.
It’s a bit different than last year.
But I still think we’ll see what they’re really made of when they collect a few injuries through the season. Particularly to key players like Salah.

We’ve got used to being without Kun for about a third of a season for the last few years. Could they cope without Salah?

I’m not so sure.

I beg to differ, the dippers don't play posession football, they are all about counter attack, probably the best prem team at countering. High press, energy, counter atrack vs our high press posession football, only time will tell which one comes out on top. I hope we give them the ball in their half when we play them, let them have the posession then counter attack them, if we go down this route it wi certainly disrupt their rhythm.

I agree they are more solid at the back this season, they haven't been tested though, the teams they beat so far are ones they beat last season.

I hope the fuckers stutter soon

Agree with all of above but they are not going hell for leather at the start and running out of steam like last year.

Having said that they looked very average today but if they are gifted goals like BHA gave them and the ref last week, they are stronger this year and I feel are conserving energy better than they did.
You can see them scoring plenty in the last ten minutes as teams stretch themselves to get an equaliser.
They did last week and almost did today but looked to be s bit off it.

Two weeks in a row now they gave ground out wins that last year you wouldn’t bet on them doing it.

Their squad is stronger. Their subs better.
Their keeper is better.
It’s early days and they will get giddy as they are built up. Let’s see them get a set back of injury and deal with it.

I think if they concentrate on the league they’ll be a threat. If they think they can go for everything I think they’re in for s shock.

Agree with the above, dont forget its 25 points they have to claw back. Its definitely going to be tighter this season, much tighter. At this stage, the only difference between us is expereince getting over the line. We are coping well without Kev, I'd like to see how they cope without either Van dick or Salah.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:38 pm

The dippers will run us very close. If we win the PL I reckon the gap will be 5 points or less. A close run, proper title race would be good for global exposure and thus revenues.

Make no mistake that the FA want this and they will do everything little thing they can. Three games in and we have seen two penalty decisions that have directly influenced games. The dippers benefitted from one and we had one go against us. Early days, but a coincidence?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:The dippers will run us very close. If we win the PL I reckon the gap will be 5 points or less. A close run, proper title race would be good for global exposure and thus revenues.

Make no mistake that the FA want this and they will do everything little thing they can. Three games in and we have seen two penalty decisions that have directly influenced games. The dippers benefitted from one and we had one go against us. Early days, but a coincidence?

To be fair mate, the FA have very little influence get the PL, it's all about Sky. The sentiment is right though and when you are paying millions for a product then it stands to reason that you want some say in the outcome, that's why PiGMOL was formed, and why Riley was elevated to chief cunt!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:01 pm

Fucking Scouse tramps.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The dippers will run us very close. If we win the PL I reckon the gap will be 5 points or less. A close run, proper title race would be good for global exposure and thus revenues.

To be fair mate, the FA have very little influence get the PL, it's all about Sky. The sentiment is right though and when you are paying millions for a product then it stands to reason that you want some say in the outcome, that's why PiGMOL was formed, and why Riley was elevated to chief cunt!

Was it not Scudamore, the chief executive who recently said it would be good for business if one side doesnt dominate? I could be very much mistaken of course. But its comments like that which makes me question his and his organisations integrity
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Was it not Scudamore, the chief executive who recently said it would be good for business if one side doesnt dominate? I could be very much mistaken of course. But its comments like that which makes me question his and his organisations integrity

They have no integrity, they are in it for the money. Scudamore said he hoped for a closer contest and that's what will happen, either implied or stated. If Rags, Dippers and Arsenal are their mainstays for selling tickets, that's who they pamper to.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the wrong fella, you're very aware of all this ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:37 pm

The dippers will win the league this season, the officials will make sure of that.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dimples » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:43 am

dimples wrote: I am not laughing.
They have improved the biggest flaw they had - defence. They have strengthened midfield. They can score hatloads of goals. Squad has a bit of depth.
The authorities are desperate for them to win the PL - it is good for business.
They will get every decision going and will be pushed up the hill towards the holy grail.

We will be doing exceptionally well to come out on top come May.

Depressingly, yesterday went a long way towards confirming my beliefs.
In England the beautiful game died when Sky got control.

We can still win the PL this season but we have to be good enough to beat the opp and the authorities - a very very difficult ask.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:50 am

Fucking hell, just seen the first review of yesterday's games on the Beeb news. There's no stopping it, reporting the Dippers as top f the league (after 3 games) and it looks like it's their year since 1990. Then up pops Klopp with his gnashers showing excitedly after the commentator calls on them being crowned champions in August.

I have no problems with hype but fuck me, this is getting ridiculous andcthosectgat are spouting this early excitement are doing them no favours at all.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:01 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Fucking hell, just seen the first review of yesterday's games on the Beeb news. There's no stopping it, reporting the Dippers as top f the league (after 3 games) and it looks like it's their year since 1990. Then up pops Klopp with his gnashers showing excitedly after the commentator calls on them being crowned champions in August.

I have no problems with hype but fuck me, this is getting ridiculous andcthosectgat are spouting this early excitement are doing them no favours at all.

How come they are so 'popular'?
I can never understand it given their track record (which is appalling at several levels for decades).
Even last season, bricking our coach followed by the 'bent' decisions - just airbrushed away.
Even the Rags would be hammered for what is just considered 'normal and acceptable' for the Dippers.

It is like all rules of decency are suspended and ignored at the Dipper's alter - but why?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Outcast » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:06 am

Dimples wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Fucking hell, just seen the first review of yesterday's games on the Beeb news. There's no stopping it, reporting the Dippers as top f the league (after 3 games) and it looks like it's their year since 1990. Then up pops Klopp with his gnashers showing excitedly after the commentator calls on them being crowned champions in August.

How come they are so 'popular'?
I can never understand it given their track record (which is appalling at several levels for decades).
Even last season, bricking our coach followed by the 'bent' decisions - just airbrushed away.
Even the Rags would be hammered for what is just considered 'normal and acceptable' for the Dippers.

It is like all rules of decency are suspended and ignored at the Dipper's alter - but why?

They're not popular with God, l think the lord hates their football club. He will toy with them this season yet again, like every year, take them filthy cheating sinners to summit before bringing them back down to earth with nothing. He's sat up there with a cigar contemplating how far he should take them season before taking it all away.
Outcast

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:09 am

It says a lot when I'd rather see the rags win the league than the murderers.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:41 am

The cunts amplify the noise levels in clanfield.
As said before the Premier league want a club guilty of footballs worst crimes to win it WHY.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:45 am

Video going round of alisson and three brass
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Outcast » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:50 am

Are the media seriously writing us off after 3 games? 3 fucking games?
Outcast

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:08 am

Nick wrote:Video going round of alisson and three brass

Can't find anything, any more info?
Original Dub

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:15 am

If I remember correctly the media had the rags crowned champions around this time last year as well.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:10 am

Pep v Klopp I know pep wins so does Klipoerty.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The cunts amplify the noise levels in clanfield.
As said before the Premier league want a club guilty of footballs worst crimes to win it WHY.

I’ve wondered about that.
I’m mainly watching on NBCSN, this season and actually thought Anfield was very quiet once the usual ritual at the start, was over.
When there isn’t a goal going in, in the first 15 minutes the crowd seem nervous and quiet.

I’m not saying The Etihad comes across any better, but certainly not much difference.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum